Up2Date - Which is Today's Best Whey Protein?

RonPaul

Awards
I'm more than positive this thread has already been created, but new products came out and others are now old, some are old but still classics etc... etc...

I went to Popeye's and the dude said that Designer Protein isn't what it used to be so they weren't even selling it.

Firstly is that true?

Secondly, which is the best Whey Protein out today?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cutting I will go with ON's whey or AI's Whey. Bulking I will go with Muscle Milk. As long as the labels aren't wrong, there isn't a huge difference in a lot of the popular brands. It comes down to taste/mixability and cost/serving.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
AI still makes whey?

I've gone with ATW the last few times, but I get horrid gas so I'm going to try ON next time.

RonPaul

Awards
what is ON?
an abreviation for something?

and muscle milk eh?
never tried it

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I go with ON.. tried a few others but ON is my fav.

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
AI still make whey?? Anyone knows where I can get it??

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
AI still make whey?? Anyone knows where I can get it??
If it's anywhere it's probably at the Planet, but I thought they got out of the whey business due to the price increase. It was my favorite by far and I was crushed when they decided to quit. Their flavors were top notch.

Rock Head

Awards
The choice for most seems to be ON. The decision if you haven't looked into it for a while would depend more on your goals or when you are taking it. Casein is a more slow digesting protein shake than just whey isolates.

I have tried many and ON is best for me.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I only use blends of Casein/whey and for me CNP (formerly Dorian Yates) and Xtreme Formulations aree the best proteins I have used. A great number of people use True Protein (a bulk supplier) and are very satisfied.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
For whey isolate I like syntrax nectar and ergopharm gf pro

ron paul ftw (for pres)

MTNMEDIC

All the Whey ! it has the best numbers compared to any other I've found so far.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
If it's anywhere it's probably at the Planet, but I thought they got out of the whey business due to the price increase. It was my favorite by far and I was crushed when they decided to quit. Their flavors were top notch.
Nutra plant made whey! dam i knew they had to have. otherwise i was wondering wy they hadnt joined in.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
True Protein and Protein Factory, though I've yet to use their services, seem pretty interesting. You can create your custom proteins to meet your special needs. This is very important to me. I can sometimes get very picky. But, I would have to say that, IMO, EAS' chocolate whey protein and BSN's Syntha-6 are some of the most delicious proteins I've tasted. The worst, by far, is Six Star. So utterly disgusting. Wow.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
True Protein and Protein Factory, though I've yet to use their services, seem pretty interesting. You can create your custom proteins to meet your special needs. This is very important to me. I can sometimes get very picky. But, I would have to say that, IMO, EAS' chocolate whey protein and BSN's Syntha-6 are some of the most delicious proteins I've tasted. The worst, by far, is Six Star. So utterly disgusting. Wow.
yea six star choclate yuck i constantly was gagging YUCK!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea six star choclate yuck i constantly was gagging YUCK!
I ended up running out of my EAS protein and stopped at Walmart, which is right next to my gym. I came across the Six Star brand and decided to pick some up. I rather would've drank sewage than that Six Star sh!t again. I have a cycle coming up and I think I'll be going with the idea of a custom protein mix. It's more cost-efficient and it'll meet my needs.

Along with EAS and BSN's proteins, the Myoplex RTDs by EAS aren't that bad. I have a few leftover. 40g of protein in each one, so you can't go wrong.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I ended up running out of my EAS protein and stopped at Walmart, which is right next to my gym. I came across the Six Star brand and decided to pick some up. I rather would've drank sewage than that Six Star sh!t again. I have a cycle coming up and I think I'll be going with the idea of a custom protein mix. It's more cost-efficient and it'll meet my needs.

Along with EAS and BSN's proteins, the Myoplex RTDs by EAS aren't that bad. I have a few leftover. 40g of protein in each one, so you can't go wrong.
Exactly how i feel about Isopure's RTD's not to mention the added benefit that that they are well endowed with BCAA's.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Exactly how i feel about Isopure's RTD's not to mention the added benefit that that they are well endowed with BCAA's.
I do enjoy making my own protein shakes, but RTDs are just so convenient. I like quite a few protein bars, too, but I worry about a lot of unnecessary sugar. I also have more faith in powdered proteins with them being a liquid and deliver into the blood quicker.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
work out maxmizer. Awesome for gaining lean muscle.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's very important for me to have whey protein isolate (being 90% protein) containing BCAAs and Glutamine, for immediately after workout. I enjoy a multi-protein with casein for a MRP and before bed.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
whey isolate and bcaas are the biggies, and glutamine if its in fine if not no prob

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm using Protein Factory to make my two custom proteins. I've had the ideas for a while, but have yet to order. I'm currently making my list for my upcoming cycle. Whey is definitely on there and so aren't BCAAs. I'll be forking up about $400, I think.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I'm using Protein Factory to make my two custom proteins. I've had the ideas for a while, but have yet to order. I'm currently making my list for my upcoming cycle. Whey is definitely on there and so aren't BCAAs. I'll be forking up about $400, I think.
holy crap for how many pounds?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What are you doing a cycle of and dam u scared me for a sec.
The actual cycle will consist of;

• IBE Epistane
    Axis Labs HemodrauliX
Support Supp's;

• Scivation Xtend
    Bulk BCAAs
    ALRI Venom Lean Dreams
    Anabolic Innovations Cycle Support
    MST MVP/ZMK Stack
    Ragnarok
    (2) Custom Protein Mixes
Post Cycle Therapy;

• Tamoxifen Citrate
    PowerFULL
    Anabolic Xtreme Triple Stack
    Anabolic Innovations Post Cycle Support
I have the next couple of months lined up.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I havent tried epistane yet but i will sometime down the road

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I havent tried epistane yet but i will sometime down the road
From what I understand, there are different 'brands' of Epistane. My instinct is telling me to trust IBE over the others. BigAsian has had great success with Epistane. Him and I have had a few discussions about it. I'm quite anxious to start popping this, lol.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
From what I understand, there are different 'brands' of Epistane. My instinct is telling me to trust IBE over the others. BigAsian has had great success with Epistane. Him and I have had a few discussions about it. I'm quite anxious to start popping this, lol.
Best of luck!Interested to see the results!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Best of luck!Interested to see the results!
Hey, thanks! I'll definitely be logging it. I'm just waiting to start my new job, so that I can finish purchasing everything I need for the cycle. I'll hopefully be able to start sometime within the next week or two. I should've started a couple of weeks ago, sometime before Christmas.

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
ON Whey has been my favorite for being inexpensive. Just finished up Pumpkin Pie, you guys should try it before it goes out of season.

When it comes to taste my favorite is BSN Syntha-6 Strawberry Milk Shake!! Jesus Murphy!!1 When I first got it I couldnt stop drinking it lol.

Other best tasting proteins you guys should try are Muscle Milk RTD Root Beer Float and EST Ana-Pro Blend Chocolate
:box:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ON Whey has been my favorite for being inexpensive. Just finished up Pumpkin Pie, you guys should try it before it goes out of season.

When it comes to taste my favorite is BSN Syntha-6 Strawberry Milk Shake!! Jesus Murphy!!1 When I first got it I couldnt stop drinking it lol.

Other best tasting proteins you guys should try are Muscle Milk RTD Root Beer Float and EST Ana-Pro Blend Chocolate
:box:
Root Beer Float flavored protein!?!?!? I am so f-ucking there!

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Root Beer Float flavored protein!?!?!? I am so f-ucking there!
YESSSS!! At first I was thinking it wasnt going to be that good and once I tried it I just cant stop taking it. Its the only reason I goto my local GNC lol

Only get the RTD ones though, I thought it would be a good idea to get the powder so I will always have it but doesnt taste the same at all :ntome:

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
YESSSS!! At first I was thinking it wasnt going to be that good and once I tried it I just cant stop taking it. Its the only reason I goto my local GNC lol

Only get the RTD ones though, I thought it would be a good idea to get the powder so I will always have it but doesnt taste the same at all :ntome:
I'm sure it's much cheaper elsewhere instead of having to go to GNC. I'm definitely gonna try this.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't like any of the commercialized protein products, I do my best to stay away from artificial ingredients, especially products that contain Aspartame and such--extremely toxic stuff on the cellular level.

I recommend all to watch "Sweet Misery, A Poisoned World" (YouTube)YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

It's about an hour long but it's time well spent considering not many are very aware of the situation with these artificial ingredients.

(Toxicity website on Aspartame)
Aspartame and aspartame poisoning - DORway to Discovery! | DORway

Plus, I prefer an "all-in-one" product, like protein + carb, BCAAs, and vitamins + minerals all in one blend. I'm just looking for energy return to my muscles and to be able to remain in a constant anabolic state in essence. Before, science used the PER score for protein quality.As we should all know, this is no longer true because what is now used is the PDCAAS score. I won't use a product that isn't proven to be scored a 1, the highest quality score available from the World Health Organization and the FDA (Federal Death Administration:)). Anyhow, the quality of the majority of the protein that is circulated w/a lot of the protein products is highly inferior, not to mention that companies think they're fooling anybody by using "highly advanced methods" of "enhancing" whey protein concentrate. It's like buying spinners for a Corolla....