Anabolic Pump, Yellow Gold, or P-Slin?

Anabolic Pump, Yellow Gold, P-Slin, or Other?

• Total voters
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolic Pump. Yellow Gold. P-Slin. Which would you recommend for insulin synthesis/nutrient partitioning/fat synthesis?

If you have used only one of them, would you recommend it, or would you rather try something else (Banaba Extract, for instance)?

If you have used more than one of the products, which worked better for you?

Thanks in advance for your feedback :D

Last edited:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Although I find P-Slin to be in a separate category, my vote goes down for it. I respond well to both Anabolic Pump and P-Slin, but the vascularity during the P-Slin workouts is unmistakable... really cool stuff! You feel it working throughout your workout, and recovery (with a high carb diet) comes quickly. Fat loss - can't say so much, as I really didn't pay much attention to bodyfat. Although I'd put money down that these are some of the best products out there for recomp, I used them for their performance enhancing capabilities. And with those, I was pretty pleased.

The reason I see P-Slin differently is because I don't see myself taking it 3 times daily. The cost would be a bottle (~$30) a week... definitly a pre-workout/once a day supplement. AP and YG however last much longer, and you can fully reap their benefits by running them with each of your CHO meals. All the while not destroying the bank as well, which is definitly a plus.

I used AP 2x daily and P-Slin 1x daily (if weight training, otherwise APx3) for good 60 days or so. I felt it was time to take a break, but I know these greatly helped my performance in the gym. But in the end, I have to say P-Slin is the more powerful product, ingredient wise AND experience wise (for myself). Never used YG, but AP (and even P-Slin) are very similiar just with added perks.. such as the Symmetry addition in AP. I'd say your good to go with any of them, but I'd shell out for the AP/P-Slin combo if you can.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I love anabolic Pump, but Pslin is absolutely sick. They have great synergy, but Pslin has to be my overall favorite supplement wise. Check out my log, the links in my sig.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
I have only tried YG and AP. I responded much more to the YG. Everyone is different, to some YG and AP is amazing and to others they feel there is no benefit. I have noticed while some really don't see much from it some however just don't wait long enough to see results. I also think (no offense to to USP Labs) that the name "Anabolic PUMP" was a bad idea. Yes it gives ya a nice little pump but I think some people expect mind blowing pumps in the gym. And when they don't get this "it doesn't work". When it does work I find it takes a good month to see the change. And if you don't take a before and after pic to compare you may not even notice.
When you are losing fat and gaining LBM using only the scale wont be of much help. Even if it helps put on a few extra pound of lean mass its hard to see it spread out over an entire body without having a before pic.

I was supposed to do a P-Slin 10 day trial a few months ago but that never seemed to happen. Oh well, I would be too busy now to keep a proper log.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on Yellow Gold for almost 60 days now, been keeping a log and watching my progress carefully. It didn't keep off the fat, but that is more due to me eating higher than maintenance + requirement for lean mass, I guess I overestimated my daily req'ment. I voted other though, because the results I got weren't exactly what I wanted, but it's not the fault of yellow gold , because energy in was just too much greater than energy out. In the future I want to try Anabolic Pump to see how it compares, or perhaps I'll get some corosolic acid + YG and see how that rolls. Also PSlin looks pretty interesting, but I'm not sure if I need it and I'm on a student budget here so I try just a few things. Maybe if it comes out in bulk I'll give it a shot, although dosing it may be hard, who knows.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Pslin baby. Even if you are someone who AP didn't work for, Pslin is still great, and I haven't had any bathroom issues with it.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
normally i would say yellow gold because of the price to quantity but right now i am going to say anabolic pump. i think its a little more effective then yg and because i think its $28 at NP right now. cash in on their huge sale.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I can use P-slin on the anabolic diet, because I only have a 1 carb day a week. Hell I can use 3 pills on that day... oh wait that's today.

$28 at NP for a short 6 days.

Once in a lifetime price!

Styder and I thanking Anabolicminds members for allowing us to grow and keep offering great supplements to our community.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although I find P-Slin to be in a separate category, my vote goes down for it. I respond well to both Anabolic Pump and P-Slin, but the vascularity during the P-Slin workouts is unmistakable... really cool stuff! You feel it working throughout your workout, and recovery (with a high carb diet) comes quickly. Fat loss - can't say so much, as I really didn't pay much attention to bodyfat. Although I'd put money down that these are some of the best products out there for recomp, I used them for their performance enhancing capabilities. And with those, I was pretty pleased.

The reason I see P-Slin differently is because I don't see myself taking it 3 times daily. The cost would be a bottle (~$30) a week... definitly a pre-workout/once a day supplement. AP and YG however last much longer, and you can fully reap their benefits by running them with each of your CHO meals. All the while not destroying the bank as well, which is definitly a plus.

I used AP 2x daily and P-Slin 1x daily (if weight training, otherwise APx3) for good 60 days or so. I felt it was time to take a break, but I know these greatly helped my performance in the gym. But in the end, I have to say P-Slin is the more powerful product, ingredient wise AND experience wise (for myself). Never used YG, but AP (and even P-Slin) are very similiar just with added perks.. such as the Symmetry addition in AP. I'd say your good to go with any of them, but I'd shell out for the AP/P-Slin combo if you can.
Thanks for the detailed response.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love anabolic Pump, but Pslin is absolutely sick. They have great synergy, but Pslin has to be my overall favorite supplement wise. Check out my log, the links in my sig.
Do you remember how long you used Anabolic Pump?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...When it does work I find it takes a good month to see the change. And if you don't take a before and after pic to compare you may not even notice.
When you are losing fat and gaining LBM using only the scale wont be of much help. Even if it helps put on a few extra pound of lean mass its hard to see it spread out over an entire body without having a before pic...
I get you point. I just wanted to know if you took the product for body recomposition, or if this was a secondary objective. Something else: If the product works, why should the results not be visually noticeable (without "before"/"after" photos)?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been on Yellow Gold for almost 60 days now, been keeping a log and watching my progress carefully. It didn't keep off the fat, but that is more due to me eating higher than maintenance + requirement for lean mass, I guess I overestimated my daily req'ment. I voted other though, because the results I got weren't exactly what I wanted, but it's not the fault of yellow gold , because energy in was just too much greater than energy out...
Would you mind to share your dosing protocol? 3 x 500mg? 3 x 1000mg? Something else?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established

Styder and I thanking Anabolicminds members for allowing us to grow and keep offering great supplements to our community.
Definitly a killer deal! Great chance for our buddies like Strategic to give it a try... definitly a unique supplement.

I'm kind of wondering what results would be made if you made a stack consisting of NA-R-ALA, quercetin, and other supps that would really bring forth the results of CHO utilization. Although I played on and off (and still do) with NA-R-ALA, I never really grasped it for it's CHO benefits. Pretty much just for the anti-oxidant properties. Custom Capsule could really simplify an outstanding recomp stack, and could be made affordable with the savings you'll make if this deal at NP is taken!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pslin baby. Even if you are someone who AP didn't work for, Pslin is still great, and I haven't had any bathroom issues with it.
Considering that both Anabolic Pump and P-Slin contain a Tannis Complex (Extract engineered from Lagerstroemia
speciosa), but P-Slin contains a Gymnemic Complex (Herbal engineered from Gymnema Sylvestre), one might be tempted to suggest that adding a good Gymnema Sylvestre Extract to Anabolic Pump would deliver at least the same results as P-Slin in all cases. I have not tried any of the products myself and would make my choice based on this thread. Yet, I would intuitively prefer a product of this type that I can take three times a day versus just once a day. This is probably a minority opinion, but it reflects my current thinking.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
normally i would say yellow gold because of the price to quantity but right now i am going to say anabolic pump. i think its a little more effective then yg and because i think its $28 at NP right now. cash in on their huge sale.
The sale was a big motivator for this thread :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

A user would probably need two bottles to get the most out of it!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used all three. Anabolic Pump worked, Yellow Gold worked a lot better. P-Slin so far hasn't really done a thing. Too bad Yellow Gold tastes like crap and I'm too lazy to cap it.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
yellow gold = anabolic DUMP!
not the most pleasant, and sorry i know this comment is not so pleasant either but it is a side effect i thought was worth mentioning.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used all three. Anabolic Pump worked, Yellow Gold worked a lot better. P-Slin so far hasn't really done a thing. Too bad Yellow Gold tastes like crap and I'm too lazy to cap it.
Did you take Yellow Gold "straight", or did you add Alpha Lipoic Acid or Gymnema Sylvestre?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yellow gold = anabolic DUMP! not the most pleasant, and sorry i know this comment is not so pleasant either but it is a side effect i thought was worth mentioning.
Anabolic DUMP? Mind explaining?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
AP works well for me in allowing a higher overall carb intake than normal without added fat gain; gives my muscle bellies a nice full feeling all day long. :)

P-Slin gives me added strength/endurance during workouts and also allows me to pound over 100g of carbs in a single sitting and still able to workout an hour later, lol. That would normally kill any chances of me working out for hours.

Stacking the two, IMO is the way to go. A bottle of each will last a month.

Edit: here is the link to the beta log of P-Slin FWIW: Beta Feedback--Thread - USPLabsDirect.com

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stacking the two, IMO is the way to go. A bottle of each will last a month...[/url]
Thanks for the info. Stacking the two would imply the two products would be used up in 30 days. Why is this option superior to using any of the two standalone and increasing the daily doses?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. Stacking the two would imply the two products would be used up in 30 days. Why is this option superior to using any of the two standalone and increasing the daily doses?
With the P-Slin being used at pre workout only, dosing the AP at the other carb meals allows the nutrient partitioning a constant.

You can increase the pre workout AP dose but I did not feel it gave the same results as a single P-Slin. I wouldn't want to take P-Slin with lower carbs as it makes me feel like crap doing so (lethargic, light headed). YMMV

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The choice depends specifically on your goals, and how you wish to tailor your metabolism. Though the products work through similar pathways, the GS content in P-Slin leads to a mediation of separate parts of them. Due to this divergence, P-Slin most likely will not produce quite the same cumulative body composition changes, however, more endurance and strength, and vice versa with AP-P-Slin.

The differences between the products are twofold; firstly, GS (whole GS extracts are useless, btw, it's a specific leaf extract) has been shown in clinical trials to raise serum levels of Insulin in both IDDM and NIDDM in rat models. It is hypothesized this comes as a result of regeneration of both the islets and beta cells, often returning pancreatic secretion to normal levels. Obviously, this creates a convergence of glucose to myocytes, but Insulin is not selective, hence the second difference - the direct lipogenesis effect of AP/YG; the constituent of YG, which is included in AP, modulates PPAR Gamma 2 to prevent the binding of blood lipids by accumulated adipocytes.

As well, at least in the clinical trials I have seen, serum levels of Insulin were lowered by the constituent in YG as a response to supraphysiological levels of GLUT4. As I have noted, this might then create a 'fasting' response in adipocytes to further decrease PPAR Gamma 2 (it is lowered in response to fasting).

So, it depends on your goals, if you are only planning on purchasing one product.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
See my above answer. This issue is more qualitative as opposed to quantitative. They work through slightly different pathways, therefore producing qualitatively different results.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic DUMP? Mind explaining?
dump = removal of bodily waste, often diarrhea form.

ps: it is consumed yellow and it comes out yellow, too.
sorry for the unpleasant posts

Considering that both Anabolic Pump and P-Slin contain a Tannis Complex (Extract engineered from Lagerstroemia
speciosa), but P-Slin contains a Gymnemic Complex (Herbal engineered from Gymnema Sylvestre), one might be tempted to suggest that adding a good Gymnema Sylvestre Extract to Anabolic Pump would deliver at least the same results as P-Slin in all cases. I have not tried any of the products myself and would make my choice based on this thread. Yet, I would intuitively prefer a product of this type that I can take three times a day versus just once a day. This is probably a minority opinion, but it reflects my current thinking.
Pslin has about 5 times the amount of Tannins complex as compared to AP. If we added that amount to AP, The supplement would fail because the majority would fall into letharic hypo like state and deem it useless or "it makes me feel weak."

yellow gold = anabolic DUMP!
not the most pleasant, and sorry i know this comment is not so pleasant either but it is a side effect i thought was worth mentioning.
AP stimulates Peristalsis which will cause a removal of waste.

The solution is to start with 1 cap twice a day dosed 6-8 hours a part and increase doseage after 7 days to 3 caps.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dump = removal of bodily waste, often diarrhea form.

ps: it is consumed yellow and it comes out yellow, too.
sorry for the unpleasant posts
Thanks, got it! Rather graphic picture :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the P-Slin being used at pre workout only, dosing the AP at the other carb meals allows the nutrient partitioning a constant...
That sounds like an effective dosing protocol. Thanks!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
See my above answer. This issue is more qualitative as opposed to quantitative. They work through slightly different pathways, therefore producing qualitatively different results.
Understand. Danke!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will go in order of which supp was tried and how much i went thru at that time followed by how many total.

I first want to say almost all products I'm talking about are solid products made by truley stand up guys (USP Labs and App. Nut.)

1.) Anabolic Pump (2bottles/5 total)
-Great supplement. I didn't get any of the dumps that people talk about. I ate almost all oats with my 1st run of AP and I think that may have been the best thing.
Strength: Amazeing I set a a few PR's while cutting
Fat Loss: Pretty good. I was leaning out while eating between 150-180 carbs/day which haden't happend for me before.
Muscle bulding: Also great I used while lean bulking this last summer with WMS post workout and other doeses with oatmeal. I was pretty damn full thru the day. Gained about 6lean lbs in 5 weeks.

NP has it for dirt cheap!!! Def worth picking up 2 bottles.

2.) Yellow Gold (~100grams/250total)
Didn't really notice much until I was doing 1-1.5gr per dose. Then once I finally got there which took about a month. I was getting the same results as I was from AP. Taste is pretty bad but I maned up and shot that shizzle straight.

If you can stand the taste and dont mind doing powder I'd do this over AP from an ecconomical stand point. 150gr=$36, so at 1 gr/day 33 days @ 1.5gr/day or 50 days @ 1gr/day. Reg price of AP is about $49 after shipping.

3.) NeoVar (1 bottle sponsored log)
Again I really liked this product when used with oats. Results similar to AP my first run but with more pronounced pump during workouts and leaning out.
Strength: Steadily climbed. More than usual but nothing real crazy. A solid 15-30lbs on all major lifts
Fat Loss: More pronounced than with AP. I was doing almost no cardio either.
Muscle Building: I got extremley ill after my 1st week on NeoVar and lost A LOT of size but stil managed to gain some size in the end.

I would compare NeoVar/RPM stack to that of a mild PH/PS.

4.) Vanadyl Sulfate (1/2 bottle)
I was doing 100mg Post workout for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (reccomendation from Dr. D)

Dr. D, this is one reccomnedation that didn't go oer so hot. I didn't really notice anything diff from it. It was 2 weeks and thats all she wrote.

5.) P-Slin (1/2 bottle?)
The 1st few doses were ok useing 1 cup oats and a banana but then when I switched from Oats to 75gr WMS it hit me!!!! I was getting crazy pumps and vascularity
Strength: Pretty damn great! Srength from after a Superdrol run was stil climbing into the last week of P.C.T with the employment of P-Slin.
Fat Loss: I was eating 4,500cals/day. I dont think this was an option,lol.
Muscle Building:I only could use it for about 2 weeks before going into my current CKD but from the increases in srength and fullness during workouts would lead me to believe that this woul eventually come.

So which would I go with if I had to do it all over again........
Drum Roll please....................

P-Slin with NeoVar. NeoVar is the morning and Post-Workout with P-Slin pre workout. I know I didn't pick just one for now but I really think this would be a deadly lean mass stack for someone wanting to go from a cutting to a lean bulk phase while keeping as lean as possible with lots of carbs. Or who's a little on the heavier side but not really ready to cut.

A side note: I am living the AD/CKD lifestyle (no carbs). I plan on moveing to a TKD (eating fast digesting carbs pre/post workout, i'll use WMS) this summer for a lean bulk and I am going to use a product i used in the past, and that is, NeoVar :head:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pslin has about 5 times the amount of Tannins complex as compared to AP. If we added that amount to AP, The supplement would fail because the majority would fall into letharic hypo like state and deem it useless or "it makes me feel weak."
The responses from USPLabs leave no doubt that you have a solid mastery of the science behind your products. Appreciated!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to be starting AP soon, and am looking forward to it based on thoughts expressed on AM. Going to add in Xlean as well to see how they work together

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review, DW! Many thanks.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i have taken anabolic pump, and P-slin, and i would recommend anabolic pump. the reason for this, is that pslin is taken once a day as a preworkout sup, and is much strong then AP, but since AP is taken 3 times a day, it makes for a better recomp product.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have taken anabolic pump, and P-slin, and i would recommend anabolic pump. the reason for this, is that pslin is taken once a day as a preworkout sup, and is much strong then AP, but since AP is taken 3 times a day, it makes for a better recomp product.
What if you stacked them?

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
What if you stacked them?
when i took them i did stack them, but stacking isn't an option on the poll, and i enjoyed having the pumps all day long from AP that i didn't get for the 3 days where i was only on P slin. i did have sick workouts while taking them though. im not an expert on the products by any means though.

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
I have been stacking AP and Pslin for the last few weeks, and have already gotten great results! My strength has gone up, my workouts are much more intense and focused and I have been leaning out as well.. I would highly reccomend this stack!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been stacking AP and Pslin for the last few weeks, and have already gotten great results! My strength has gone up, my workouts are much more intense and focused and I have been leaning out as well.. I would highly reccomend this stack!!
Do you take any other supplements pre- and post-workout?

mcour1226

mcour1226

Awards
Right now, the only other supp is Met-Rx RTD 51 pre-made protein shakes.. I am seriously considering adding Xtend from Scivation and PowerFULL from USP labs..

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stacking both appears to deliver by far the best results.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) P-Slin did not work for you? How did you dose it, and when (time of day) did you take it?
2) When you say Yellow Gold worked a lot better than Anabolic Pump, did you dose Yellow Gold >3gr daily? And did you use Anabolic Pump three times daily?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) P-Slin did not work for you? How did you dose it, and when (time of day) did you take it?
2) When you say Yellow Gold worked a lot better than Anabolic Pump, did you dose Yellow Gold >3gr daily? And did you use Anabolic Pump three times daily?

With PSLIN I started at 1 cap per day 30 minutes before a high carb meal. At this point I am taking 3 Pslin about 45 minutes before a carb meal upon waking. Yellow gold I took 1 teaspoon 3 times a day 15 minutes before meals. Anabolic Pump I took 1 cap 3 times a day 15-20 minutes before meals.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With PSLIN I started at 1 cap per day 30 minutes before a high carb meal. At this point I am taking 3 Pslin about 45 minutes before a carb meal upon waking. Yellow gold I took 1 teaspoon 3 times a day 15 minutes before meals. Anabolic Pump I took 1 cap 3 times a day 15-20 minutes before meals.
Thanks! I thought the recommendation for P-Slin and Anabolic Pump was about 15 minutes before high-(complex)-carb meals? Besides, do you take 60-100gr complex carbs after P-Slin or Anabolic Pump? My apologies for this barrage of questions. Just wanted to clarify why you are not getting the results almost everyone else is reporting.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! I thought the recommendation for P-Slin and Anabolic Pump was about 15 minutes before high-(complex)-carb meals? Besides, do you take 60-100gr complex carbs after P-Slin or Anabolic Pump? My apologies for this barrage of questions. Just wanted to clarify why you are not getting the results almost everyone else is reporting.
With PSLIN I have gone as high as 200 carbs 30 minutes after I take the capsule. I take 3 PSLIN as soon as I wake up. This is on my carb up. I only take PSLIN on my carb up. I have taken Yellow Gold and also Anabolic Pump the same way and had excellent results. With USP LABS supplements it seems that I respond better to their older products for some reason. I'm the same way with the newer version of Powerful. It doesn't do anything for me. The old bulk powerful though works wonders!.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With PSLIN I have gone as high as 200 carbs 30 minutes after I take the capsule. I take 3 PSLIN as soon as I wake up. This is on my carb up. I only take PSLIN on my carb up. I have taken Yellow Gold and also Anabolic Pump the same way and had excellent results. With USP LABS supplements it seems that I respond better to their older products for some reason. I'm the same way with the newer version of Powerful. It doesn't do anything for me. The old bulk powerful though works wonders!.
Three P-Slin at once! Probably enough to knock off most people. I have not used P-Slin before (plan to), but I think you are over-dosing it, and consequently not seeing the expected results from it. If you take three at once, that is!