Awards
first some stats:
Weight:185lbs
hiit (lol): 5'11"
current supps: RPM+Drive+Neovar

now for a couple of questions.
My schedule as far as training goes a little something like this
Wake (2 Drive, 2 RPM)
Fasted morning cardio (45 mins [25 tred+20 elip])
Come home and Immediately take Neovar, and start cooking.
Question 1: My ritual breakfast included
-1/2 grapefruit
-2/3 cup rolled oats
-15 grams of whey (in the oats... mmm)
-3 eggs (1 yolk 3 whites)
Now that I am on the Neovar should i ditch the grapefruit? I was eating the grapefruit for a sugar source, but since The neovar increases insulin sensitivity, should i go ahead and just add more oats and stop the grapefruit?

Now i go about my day.
-(1:30pm) snack (scoop whey in milk, optional banana)
-(4:00pm) meal ( 200 grams sweet potato, 3.5 oz chicken)
-(5:00pm) supps (2 drive + 2 rpm)

Question 2: Lifting is at 6pm should i take my neovar with my preworkout snack? if so, any suggestions?
-or-
Do i save the neovar for post workout?

Question 3: If neoVar comes post workout, should the shake contain any simple carbs? My ritual pre neovar was to use the simple carbs and again to get the insulin spike.

the rest of my day is pretty simple

-(8:30pm) - Meal (Veggies galore with a lean meat maybe fish)
-(Pre bed) - snack (Whey casein mix)

There are allot of questions and if i missed anything let me know.
I'd appreciate any help, thanks allot.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
first some stats:
Weight:185lbs
hiit (lol): 5'11"
current supps: RPM+Drive+Neovar

now for a couple of questions.
My schedule as far as training goes a little something like this
Wake (2 Drive, 2 RPM)
Fasted morning cardio (45 mins [25 tred+20 elip])
Come home and Immediately take Neovar, and start cooking.
Question 1: My ritual breakfast included
-1/2 grapefruit
-2/3 cup rolled oats
-15 grams of whey (in the oats... mmm)
-3 eggs (1 yolk 3 whites)
Now that I am on the Neovar should i ditch the grapefruit? I was eating the grapefruit for a sugar source, but since The neovar increases insulin sensitivity, should i go ahead and just add more oats and stop the grapefruit?
Take your NeoVar with at least 50gr of quality carbohydrates. For your body weight, you should take four capsules per serving. I do not see why you should drop your grapefruit.

Now i go about my day.
-(1:30pm) snack (scoop whey in milk, optional banana)
-(4:00pm) meal ( 200 grams sweet potato, 3.5 oz chicken)
-(5:00pm) supps (2 drive + 2 rpm)

Question 2: Lifting is at 6pm should i take my neovar with my preworkout snack? if so, any suggestions?
-or-
Do i save the neovar for post workout?
NeoVar is recommended post-workout with at least 50gr of good carbohydrates. For your body weight, you need four capsules.

Some people prefer to take Drive and RPM about an hour pre-workout on an empty stomach.

Question 3: If neoVar comes post workout, should the shake contain any simple carbs? My ritual pre neovar was to use the simple carbs and again to get the insulin spike.
NeoVar is post-workout with carbohydrates.

Hope this helps!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
From what I can tell from the info you have provided, I agree with Strategic on his advice above, fully.

If in a bind or it works better in your schedule, your 2nd dose of Neovar could be taken sometime in the afternoon, pre-food..... but as stated it's best to still be able to have some empty stomach time for the Drive and RPM.

From reports I have seen about Neovar..... it seems about half like it before a workout, half like it after. You can't go wrong either way.

epathlete160

epathlete160

Awards
with a meal at 4:00pm is waiting until 5:00pm to take rpm + drive generally sufficient time to call it an "empty stomach"?

also, once rpm + drive are taken would waiting about 45 then having a small snack preworkout hinder any effects?

Thank you for all the replies, but when you say "quality carbs" are you referring to the complexity v. simplicity or natural v. processed

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
with a meal at 4:00pm is waiting until 5:00pm to take rpm + drive generally sufficient time to call it an "empty stomach"? This would be fine.
also, once rpm + drive are taken would waiting about 45 then having a small snack preworkout hinder any effects?
This would work fine as well.
Thank you for all the replies, but when you say "quality carbs" are you referring to the complexity v. simplicity or natural v. processed. I think he is referring a bit to both complexity and naturalness. (is that a word?) A combination such as your oats and grapefruit would be best IMO.

:thumbsup:

epathlete160

epathlete160

Awards
You guys were nothing but great help. Thanks once again.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Lanbane, for clearing that up. Was tied up elsewhere :D
does your company have any studies concerning the conversion rate of neovar to creatinine in the stomach?
I would like to know the differences to kre-alkalyn.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
does your company have any studies concerning the conversion rate of neovar to creatinine in the stomach?
I am not sure, but I can check. Nevertheless, it is important to draw a distinction between the conversion rate of a pure creatine ethyl ester (the creatine form used in NeoVar) and the conversion rate of creatine ethyl ester combined with co-factors such as rhodiola and banaba extract (as in a product like NeoVar recommended to be taken post-workout with carbohydrates). The comparison may not be one-to-one.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure, but I can check. .
I would really appreciate because the companies that sell kre alkalyn are making a lot of claims saying that CEE has a very high conversion to creatinine and that this substance is very toxic to the kidneys in a long time use.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would really appreciate because the companies that sell kre alkalyn are making a lot of claims saying that CEE has a very high conversion to creatinine and that this substance is very toxic to the kidneys in a long time use.
Sometimes it is difficult to separate facts from questionable marketing strategies when some of such companies make such pronouncements. I used four straight bottles of NeoVar without seeing even the slightest hint of kidney dysfunction, not to mention damage. Besides, even though NeoVar is creatine-ethyl-ester based, the particular blend of co-factors employed in the product makes the product's bioavailability and effectiveness completely different from creatine-ethyl-ester-only products.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Sidenote of interest: Somewhere on a not too friendly forum elsewhere, in a land far far away...... there is a VERY interesting thread dissecting Kre-Alkalyn. It would be worth a read if you can find it :)

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
i thought neovar was best for pre-workout meal.. :O

Should it be taken post workout instead?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it as pre + post :) but post is most important.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
ahh, so maybe an apple an hour preworkout and then some WMS and a banana immediately after workout?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahh, so maybe an apple an hour preworkout and then some WMS and a banana immediately after workout?
Where would you fit in NeoVar here?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd go an apple and 2 slices of whole grain toast pre, and the wms + banana post sounds good, with neovar 15 min prior to each.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I'd go an apple and 2 slices of whole grain toast pre, and the wms + banana post sounds good, with neovar 15 min prior to each.
Oh so you mean split the dosage pre and post??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take 4 preworkout and 4 post that way. you are supposed to take it twice a day :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sometimes I take 5, depends on whether i'm taking in a little extra carbs, like grits or more fruit :D

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Found this lurking around :)

Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates
Tallon MJ1 and Child R2. Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates. 1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom.

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn® (KA) is a "Buffered" creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM. This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure®). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37± 1°C and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine. In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.
This research was presented at the 4th Annual International Society of Sports Nutrition Conference (Las Vegas, USA)

Honestly, there have been no studies done confirming or denying that CEE converts to creatinine any faster, or any slower, than regular monohydrate. CEE is simply a molecule of CM with an ester attached- so the two are actually very similar biochemically- so I can give you one of two answers:

1. There has not been a study to confirm or deny this

2. CEE is very similar to CM, and you can essentially conclude the conversion rate of the CEE in NeoVar to creatinine as being very similar to the results of the above study

All in all, if I was a betting man, I would go with number 2 :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here Easy, cept I have to do 5 and 5.
"I hear ya sister....it's ok my boyfreind's black" (lame gesture to Ellain from seinfeld when talking to her black waitress)

But yea when I hit 5 the pumps/fullness got real real crazy. Size and strength soon followed.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Found this lurking around :)

Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates
Tallon MJ1 and Child R2. Kre-alkalyn® supplementation has no beneficial effect on creatine-to-creatinine conversion rates. 1University of Northumbria, Sport Sciences, Northumbria University, Northumberland Building, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.2Department of Life Sciences, Kingston University, Penrhyn Rd, Kingston-upon-Thames, United Kingdom.

All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp. (Billings, MT, USA) claim that Kre-alkalyn® (KA) is a "Buffered" creatine, is 100% stable in stomach acid and does not convert to creatinine. In contrast, they also claim that creatine monohydrate (CM) is highly pH labile with more than 90% of the creatine converting to the degradation product creatinine in stomach acids. To date, no independent or university laboratory has evaluated the stability of KA in stomach acids, assessed its possible conversion to creatinine, or made direct comparisons of acid stability with CM. This study examined whether KA supplementation reduced the rate of creatine conversion to creatinine, relative to commercially available CM (Creapure®). Creatine products were analyzed by an independent commercial laboratory using testing guidelines recommended by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Each product was incubated in 900ml of pH 1 HCL at 37± 1°C and samples where drawn at 5, 30 and 120 minutes and immediately analyzed by HPLC (UV) for creatine and creatinine. In contrast to the claims of All American Pharmaceutical and Natural Foods Corp., the rate of creatinine formation from CM was found to be less than 1% of the initial dose, demonstrating that CM is extremely stable under acidic conditions that replicate those of the stomach. This study also showed that KA supplementation actually resulted in 35% greater conversion of creatine to creatinine than CM. In conclusion the conversion of creatine to creatinine is not a limitation in the delivery of creatine from CM and KA is less stable than CM in the acid conditions of the stomach.
This research was presented at the 4th Annual International Society of Sports Nutrition Conference (Las Vegas, USA)

Honestly, there have been no studies done confirming or denying that CEE converts to creatinine any faster, or any slower, than regular monohydrate. CEE is simply a molecule of CM with an ester attached- so the two are actually very similar biochemically- so I can give you one of two answers:

1. There has not been a study to confirm or deny this

2. CEE is very similar to CM, and you can essentially conclude the conversion rate of the CEE in NeoVar to creatinine as being very similar to the results of the above study

All in all, if I was a betting man, I would go with number 2 :)
good find , but I have to tell you that once I made blood tests and I was taking cmi big (it contains cee) , my creatinine level was very high (above normal levels) and that made me very concerned , my brother is a doctor and said it can be harmful to the kidneys that kind of creatinine values (in a long time ) , well maybe people should do the same and see their results with different compounds and chose the one that suits them better.

angelo212

Awards
  • Established
"I hear ya sister....it's ok my boyfreind's black" (lame gesture to Ellain from seinfeld when talking to her black waitress)

But yea when I hit 5 the pumps/fullness got real real crazy. Size and strength soon followed.
LMAO at that Seinfeld comment.