Oh No....What Have I Done..

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
So I store my creatine and my white flood in the cabinet. Attached to the underside of the cabinet is a flourescent light that lights the countertops in my kitchen.

The other day I pulled out my creatine and happened to feel the bottom of the container and it was pretty warm. When I opened up the top of it, a bunch of powdery smoke came out. I felt the cabinet shelf and the heat had gone through the board and it was penetrating the tub (no homo).

My question is, is my creatine still good? At what temperature does it break down into creatinine?

By the way, I have recently moved everything up one shelf on the cabinet.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
31 views and no responses... you all are clowns.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't give you an exact number. I know the tests converting creatine to creatinine were done at 120 degrees celcius (I believe thats about 250 F) for 2 hours.

I would say you are safe, but I couldn't be sure. Was it your White flood you're worried about too, or is it just Creatine monohydrate. If it's just mono and you're concerned, I might just go buy more since it's cheap.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
it was green magnitude from controlled labs. The white flood is fine, still getting great energy from it, even though a little of it on the scoop turned brown and sticky.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't throw out green mag, I don't think. Did it seem cooked to you when you look at it. Did it become more crystally (ie bigger flakes).

I wish I had a bat signal for Strategic Move, he could probobly give you a more diffinitive answer.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
the clumps that usually form on the bottom may have been more pronounced, but it mixed up just as good (if not better) than normal.

ahahhaha and yes, we need strategicmove on call at anabolic minds

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read down i highlighted in red the paragraph on it not sure how accurate it is but it was all i could find

Process for purifying creatine - Patent 6399819

Recrystallization does offer the opportunity of achieving a higher degree of purity and, in addition, setting the crystal size more precisely. In this process the substance to be purified is dissolved with heating in a solvent, for example water, and crystallizes out from the solution in a purer form on cooling. The saturated solution obtained after separating off the crystals in which the dissolved impurities remain is generally termed “mother liquor”. However, the recrystallization of creatine from water is difficult in that not only the absolute solubility but also the temperature dependence of the solubility of creatine in water are low. The solubility of creatine in water is, for example, only about 1% at 0° C. and about 9% at 80° C. In addition, the temperature difference between the dissolution process and crystallization process cannot be increased as desired, since above a temperature of about 80° C., the decomposition of creatine to form breakdown products such as creatinine and N-methylhydantoin, increases to a level which is no longer acceptable. In conclusion, for the recrystallization of creatine from water, generally at least 12 parts by weight of water are required per part by weight of creatine. Therefore, a large volume of mother liquor is produced which must be worked up or disposed of. To obtain larger crystals, typically slow cooling is required during the recrystallization

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't throw out green mag, I don't think. Did it seem cooked to you when you look at it. Did it become more crystally (ie bigger flakes).

I wish I had a bat signal for Strategic Move, he could probobly give you a more diffinitive answer.
Hows this?