Questions on Supplements??

RKL3rd

Awards
I am 21 years old and have just started lifting and exercising for the first time in my life. I am fat and always have been fat, so I decided to change because im tired of being the fat ass. So I have been lifting for about 2 months now and have seen results but I would love to see better. So I purchased Eas Phosphagen Hp creatine and Eas Myoplex Lite (Protein). I was just curious on how and when to take these supplements Keep in mind I am 6 ft 5in and 290 lbs :bb2: Thanks for everything

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
Hey!

First off, well done on making a start to a better you!

When to have your creatine & whey? Well...the best time would be directly after your workout. Maybe have some creatine before your workout also!

You could have a protein drink between meals, since having small meals throughout the day, will speed up your metabolisim. so if you have it for a morning & afternoon tea, as well as a postwork out, you'll do awesome!

You could also have it half an hour, or so, before bed time, if you get hungry at night. what do you think? Does it sound do-able?

RKL3rd

Awards
Sound awsome man thanks alot for the advice I really appreciate it. Any other advice on working out as far as other supplements i should be taking or is that a good start.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
If your looking for a weight loss supplement, check out PAL and RPN's Leviathan Reloaded/DCP combo at Nutraplanet. It's gotten some great results and extremely good feedback. I just got mine yesterday and can't wait to start next week.

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
For the mean time, juz eat as much whole food as possible, don't worry too much about supplements, since their role is to 'supplement' what you can't get via real food.

I suppose what I'd like you to do, is take a multi-vitamin once a day. Maybe an omega 3 (fish oil) tablet as well. Other than that, try to have as many small meals throughout the day, to shed that belly away, so we can see some awesome abs!

Remember, it's 80% diet!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
For the mean time, juz eat as much whole food as possible, don't worry too much about supplements, since their role is to 'supplement' what you can't get via real food.

I suppose what I'd like you to do, is take a multi-vitamin once a day. Maybe an omega 3 (fish oil) tablet as well. Other than that, try to have as many small meals throughout the day, to shed that belly away, so we can see some awesome abs!

Remember, it's 80% diet!
^^^ Listen to this man!

Also, I'd say you could (and should) up your fish oil intake to around 10 grams per day (usually 1 cap = 1 gram).

As for the small meals, eat every 3 hours. It may seem hard/unnecessary at first, but once your body gets used to this schedule you'll be hungry every 3 hours and it won't be a big deal.

Best of luck on the weight-loss and getting healthy/ripped and sek-C.. lol. But really, good luck man!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got to agree with Hurley i also have DCP/Levi Reloaded coming and i also cannot wait both RPN and PAL are outstanding companies with top notch products. I also agree that diet is the most important part.

Do a search on this forum for Leviathan Reloaded and DCP and you will find many threads and logs of results with the products.

Also awesome info available on eating the right foods if you eat right train hard(lifting+cardio) and take the right supps you will be well on your way.

I was 310lbs 3 years ago at 5'10" and no go between 245 and 250 the loss was slow and steady and i feel like a new man. Keep researching stuff here on AM.com and asking questions and you will be good to go.

Congrats on taking the 1st step and good luck bro:thumbsup:

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
^^^ Listen to this man!

Also, I'd say you could (and should) up your fish oil intake to around 10 grams per day (usually 1 cap = 1 gram).

As for the small meals, eat every 3 hours. It may seem hard/unnecessary at first, but once your body gets used to this schedule you'll be hungry every 3 hours and it won't be a big deal.

Best of luck on the weight-loss and getting healthy/ripped and sek-C.. lol. But really, good luck man!
Hey, thanks Oz'. I'm not up to date with research & current practices. What is the 'trend' or current practiced amount of fat intake? I'm assuming that 1g of fat is still 6 calories (or was it 9?). so how do you workout how much fat to slip into your diet? Protein is between 1.5-2g per lb of body weight, carbs are 1-1.5g per lb of bodyweight (when dieting down). But what about fat? I think i'm getting plenty with my tin salmon, almonds & omega 3 cap's, but ya can never be sure...

eating every 3 hours at first, seems weird, but heck, i'm up to about 7-9 meals a day these days...it's crazy! But I'm growing some nice lean muscle as well as keeping my bF% at about 12%...in the offseason!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to compete next october!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Hey, thanks Oz'. I'm not up to date with research & current practices. What is the 'trend' or current practiced amount of fat intake? I'm assuming that 1g of fat is still 6 calories (or was it 9?). so how do you workout how much fat to slip into your diet? Protein is between 1.5-2g per lb of body weight, carbs are 1-1.5g per lb of bodyweight (when dieting down). But what about fat? I think i'm getting plenty with my tin salmon, almonds & omega 3 cap's, but ya can never be sure...

eating every 3 hours at first, seems weird, but heck, i'm up to about 7-9 meals a day these days...it's crazy! But I'm growing some nice lean muscle as well as keeping my bF% at about 12%...in the offseason!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to compete next october!
Pete, it all depends on the diet.. There can be huge amounts of variance in the level of fat allowed depending on the method of dieting you're using.

And you had the right idea.. Fat gram = 9 cals.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
My apologies for maybe coming across as an add. Congrats on your healthy decision, you're definitely going to be much happier with yourself. My intentions for mentioning Lev-R/DCP was only because the title of this thread is "Questions on Supplements" and I believe this to be the most efficient combination of supplements when it comes to weight loss (which I believe is mentioned in the first post) I completely agree that diet is at least 80% of the factors of weight loss, but when it comes to supplements, Lev-R/DCP is the way I would go!

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Awards
Hurley does make a good point. There is only so much whole food can do. I highly recommend after a few months of eating right , sticking to your diet, slip a few new things into your diet.

I'm not a real big fan of thermogenic's, since they're pretty much dehydrating the body, which isn't exactly all that helpful when dieting to lose weight. When getting ready for a comp or a show, it should be considered....thas' juz my 3 cents worth!

hurley, please don't read this post as a 'your mostly wrong'!!!!! Juz an add on to your helpfulness!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
No prob man! We're all here to help each other :)

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
If your looking for a weight loss supplement, check out PAL and RPN's Leviathan Reloaded/DCP combo at Nutraplanet. It's gotten some great results and extremely good feedback. I just got mine yesterday and can't wait to start next week.
If its his first time at training, he should try to lose as much weight as he can without supps. This kind of transformation is a lifelong deal, and quick fixes should be avoided until absolutely nessesary.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, the supplements should be there for the sticking points. When you've lost 25 lbs, and the rate of loss starts to slow. At 21 you should have loads of natural testosterone too, so you should take advantage of that, work out hard and heavy so as to add more muscle tissue. pound for pound, muscle uses more calories in a day than fat. So the more muscle you have on you vs fat, the more you can get away with eating. It makes loosing weight easier also, as you have more power + stamina as well