L-Methionine 200 mg **
Linoleic Acid 100 mg **
Oleic Acid 50 mg **
Taraxacum Extract 250 mg **
Grapefruit Powder 125 mg **
Green Tea Extract (12% EGCG) 125 mg **
Uva Ursi 200 mg **
Cayenne Extract 50 mg **

130 tablets for $12.75. The L-Carnitine amount vs the price has caught my eye.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
I don't have much experience with Carnatine, as it is not legal in Canada. Is that a significant dose? If so, that's a damn good price.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a Universal fan, have used many of their products as well as tested for thempreviously. Certainly worth a look

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
13 bucks for a 20 and change day supply, not bad. Serving size is six tabs a day

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Serving size says 2 tabs........ am I missing something?
6 tabs I could see if your purpose with it was as a diuretic........

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
It says in the directions...

Serving size says 2 tabs........ am I missing something?
6 tabs I could see if your purpose with it was as a diuretic........
Your right, the serving size is only 2 tabs, but...*Take two tablets three times daily* with atleast 8 oz. of water. For best results, take this supplement half hour before exerxise and bedtime. When taking this product, please be sure to drink plenty of water daily.

Just going by what the directions say bud. Nonetheless, it looks like another solid product from Universal bud. However, with the Taraxacum Extract in it just make sure you are prepared for extra bathroom trips...this extract in particular will make you drop excess waterweight quick.

I know your main point about buying this was the l-carnitine dosage, but even so, for l-carnitine to be really effective as a fat burner 3 grams a day is what has been proven most often times to work so even if you did take three servings a day of this you would only be taking 1.8 grams of l-carnitine...just a tad bit underdosed.

If you do decide to use it bud post a good review on it, or log it....I'd sub...lol.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do inositol and choline help with?
Choline is a lipotropic substance that is sometimes added to a vitamin B complex because it is essential for fat synthesis. Choline prevents the deposition of fats in the liver and is vital for the transportation of fats into cells. A deficiency of choline can lead to cirrhosis of the liver.

Furthermore, choline, one of the primary components of cell membranes, is also a precursor to acetylcholine, a major neurotransmitter in the brain.

Inositol is sometimes considered as a part of the vitamin B complex. Together with choline, inositol is important for lecithin synthesis and is involved in the transportation of calcium.

Choline and Inositol help to move fat out of the liver and help prevent not only serious liver disorders, but also high-cholesterol-related disorders.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Choline is a lipotropic substance that is sometimes added to a vitamin B complex because it is essential for fat synthesis. Choline prevents the deposition of fats in the liver and is vital for the transportation of fats into cells. A deficiency of choline can lead to cirrhosis of the liver.

Furthermore, choline, one of the primary components of cell membranes, is also a precursor to acetylcholine, a major neurotransmitter in the brain.

Inositol is sometimes considered as a part of the vitamin B complex. Together with choline, inositol is important for lecithin synthesis and is involved in the transportation of calcium.

Choline and Inositol help to move fat out of the liver and help prevent not only serious liver disorders, but also high-cholesterol-related disorders.
Thanks strategic, that was really useful

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you guys think of this:

Universal Nutrition Super Cuts 3
Super Cuts 3 (130 Tablets) By: Universal Nutrition

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings per Container: 65

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCL) 40 mg 2000%
Calcium (As Calcium Sulfate) 150 mg 15%
Chromium (as chromium proteinate) 15 mg 13%
L-Carnitine 600 mg **
Lecithin 500 mg **
Choline (as choline bitartrate) 500 mg **
Inositol 500 mg **
L-Methionine 200 mg **
Linoleic Acid 100 mg **
Oleic Acid 50 mg **
Taraxacum Extract 250 mg **
Grapefruit Powder 125 mg **
Green Tea Extract (12% EGCG) 125 mg **
Uva Ursi 200 mg **
Cayenne Extract 50 mg **

130 tablets for $12.75. The L-Carnitine amount vs the price has caught my eye.
1) I would have been all over it, if it had been Acety-L-Carnitine at that price. Wishful thinking :D Anyway, prefer Acetyl-L-Carnitine anyday. More efficient mitochondrial activity, memory/cognition, and so on.
2) The amount of EGCG (Green Tea active) in it is like "pissing in the ocean". Hardly any impact.
3) I would be hesitant to take more than 400mg - 500mg of Methionine daily. Stand-alone methionine supplementation is hardly recommended. This, as you know, is because high levels of methionine, a sulphur-containing amino acid and precursor of S-Adenosyl-Methionine (SAMe), can lead to elevated homocysteine levels. Homocysteine, also a sulfur-containing amino acid, can be converted into methionine and vice versa. High homocysteine levels are thought to be significantly more dangerous than high cholesterol levels. High methionine levels can be neutralized by consumption of methylators and cofacors such as choline/trimethylglycine, folic acid, zinc, selenium (selenomethionine), B6, B12, and so on.
So, if you take more than 400mg to 500mg of methionine daily, be sure you are also taking enough methylators and cofactors.
4) It is not clear how much elemental chromium is available per dose. I have not seen more than 1 000mcg of chromium recommended daily. 15mg is a completely new level, depending on the amount of elemental chromium in there.
5) The standard recommended dosage for cayenne fruit extract is 40 000 HU (Heating Units), translating to 450mg three times daily. The 50mg in this formula would not have any impact.
6) Lecithin, Choline, Inositol, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Taraxacum Extract, Grapefruit Powder, and Uva Urs are positives. Yet, if you have a good mulltivitamin and mineral complex, you might get enough of some of these.

Altogether, I would not buy. Probably a minority opinion. Just my USD 0.02 :D

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I see what you're saying.... Great info Strat!

I'll probably just pass on it, but I am old school...... Beverly International's Energy Reserve and Lean Out have always been an addition to my arsenal when cutting. Comparing the prices with this product..... It was definitely an eye catcher. Basically, I'd be buying it for the choline, inositol, L-Carnitine combo.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see what you're saying.... Great info Strat!

I'll probably just pass on it, but I am old school...... Beverly International's Energy Reserve and Lean Out have always been an addition to my arsenal when cutting. Comparing the prices with this product..... It was definitely an eye catcher. Basically, I'd be buying it for the choline, inositol, L-Carnitine combo.
I get your drift.