Galantamine - Muscle Contractor/Nootropic/Cholinestearase Inhibitor/GABA modulator...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure if Galantamine is classified as a drug or as a supplement in the US. I consider it a supplement. If you have used it, it would be great, if you could share your feedback.

For those who may not know what this compound does, Galantamine is a potent cholinesterase inhibitor, permitting higher levels of acetylcholine in the brain; stimulates acetylcholine receptors; helps inhibit formation of beta-amyloid plaque deposits; regulates release of neurotransmitters such as glutamate, gamma-aminobutyric acid, and serotonin. Appears to have applications for recovery, muscle contraction, memory and cognition/nootropic, mood modulation, and so on.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Its prescription only, sold under the brand name Reminyl or Razadyne.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Actually it is still a supp..BAC carries it.

Haven't gotten around to trying it because it is quite expensive.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually it is still a supp..BAC carries it.

Haven't gotten around to trying it because it is quite expensive.
Oh! Thanks! By the way, who or what is BAC? :thumbsup:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There seems to be a discrepancy in the spelling..."Galathamine" is available as a supp. Not sure if that is the same thing as "Galantamine". The former is listed in the BAC(beyond a century) catalogue.

Tkenshin

Awards
BAC and UN has it. One warning, never take 24 mgs or more. you will fill so sick to do anything (headache, stomach ache, feel like you wanna throw up). other than that at a low dose of 8-16 mg was subtle.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BAC and UN has it...
Thanks! According to Bioman (Post #7), BAC has "Galathamine", not "Galantamine". Did you refer to Galantamine?

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is there a difference other than galantamine being a synthetic that is patented, and galanthamine the original plant extract?

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
pretty sure its classified as a drug here.

Tkenshin

Awards
Thanks! According to Bioman (Post #7), BAC has "Galathamine", not "Galantamine". Did you refer to Galantamine?
im pretty its the same thing. this is the info from UN site.

"Galantamine (also known as Galanthamine, Reminyl, Nivalin) is a plant compound extracted from Snowdrop, that’s been used throughout Europe for decades and more recently in the US as a memory/motivation enhancer. It is also approved as a prescription drug by the FDA for enhancing memory.

Galantamind 90 capsules
Serving per capsule:

Galantamine 8 mg, Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) 100 mg, Choline (from choline dihydrogen citrate) 1 gram."

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im pretty its the same thing. this is the info from UN site.

"Galantamine (also known as Galanthamine, Reminyl, Nivalin) is a plant compound extracted from Snowdrop, that’s been used throughout Europe for decades and more recently in the US as a memory/motivation enhancer. It is also approved as a prescription drug by the FDA for enhancing memory.

Galantamind 90 capsules
Serving per capsule:

Galantamine 8 mg, Pantothenic acid (as calcium pantothenate) 100 mg, Choline (from choline dihydrogen citrate) 1 gram."
Thank you very much, Sir! Galantamine aka Galanthamine appears to be available as as supplement :D

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
I currently take 1 Galantamind every morning. I can tolerate another around lunch when I feel it is necessary. When I first started taking it like around the 2nd day, I took 1 in the morning and 1 at lunch and got dizzy headed with some nausea. But, after a couple weeks I tried it again at lunch and had no problems. I've never tried 3/day. It's so expensive that I pretty much limit it to 1/day. I do believe it helps with focus and motivation. You can also get a 4 mg variety of Galantamind which is meant as a starter. It is my understanding that galantamine hits the nicotinic receptors and I've often wondered if it would be good for someone trying to quit smoking.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established