beta-alanine

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
what are some of the better beta-alanine or combonation of beta-alanine and other good supps. i have been reading alot about beta-alanine and am going to add it to my current list of supps
what are some of the more popularyly takin ones

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
IMO...you have two choices!

I suggest you either buy Primaforce's beta-alanine, or just get bulk BA from NP. You get 500 grams either way and a great prices, but Primaforce's comes with a nice little serving scooper whereas NP's bulk obviously doesn't.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I agree - as a user (feel kind of dirty writing that) of NP's bulk BA, I attest to it's effectiveness. All of NP's powders are of high quality.

However, there are supplements designed to fully take advantage of BA... the most popular being Palo Alto Labs "Incarnate" and MAN's "Body Octane". I've actually used both, and they are both great supplements. One main componant that I think I really noticed in both products was the addition of L-Histidine, an amino acid that brings Beta-Alanine to a fuller effect.

psimonkey

Awards
I've had great success with a combination of beta-alanine, citrulline malate, creatine E.E. and di-arginine malate taken first thing in the morning and just before a workout.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To get the maximum from beta-alanine, consider combining it with creatine and citrulline malate. You get elevated cellular phosphocreatine concentrations, improved ATP-synthesis, lactic-acid modulation, greater strength and endurance, shortened recovery times, and so on. If you are getting enough histidine from your diet, you do not need to add histidine to beta-alanine. By the way, do not let the betal-alanine tingling bother you. It is different from the niacin flush and is totally harmless. The tingling would stop when cellular carnosine (beta-alanine/histidine) concentrations are saturated. In most cases, this will occur within four weeks of supplementation.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had great success with a combination of beta-alanine, citrulline malate, creatine E.E. and di-arginine malate taken first thing in the morning and just before a workout.
You might also look into combining all of this with Kwik Karb, and taking it just before, or during your workout.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Incarnate works great. Or you can get bulk beta alanine at nutra in pill or powder form. It works great with creatine.

xMike777x

xMike777x

Awards
If you are getting enough histidine from your diet, you do not need to add histidine to beta-alanine.QUOTE]

I take it that you get your histidine supplementation from chicken? If so, how much do you consume to meet your requirements to supplement the BA? Is there any other food other than chicken?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are getting enough histidine from your diet, you do not need to add histidine to beta-alanine.QUOTE]

I take it that you get your histidine supplementation from chicken? If so, how much do you consume to meet your requirements to supplement the BA? Is there any other food other than chicken?
Chicken? Why just chicken? Histidine is a non-essential amino acid and can be obtained from your typical protein shake (whey, soy) and other protein sources with a complete true amino acid profile. You should get enough histidine from one or two protein shakes of 25g each. Histidine requirements should be in the region of 300mg to 600mg or so daily. Not hard to get!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Chicken? Why just chicken? Histidine is a non-essential amino acid and can be obtained from your typical protein shake (whey, soy) and other protein sources with a complete true amino acid profile. You should get enough histidine from one or two protein shakes of 25g each. Histidine requirements should be in the region of 300mg to 600mg or so daily. Not hard to get!
Do you think timing would be an issue? Coupled with your dose of BA, I'd assume it would be more effective.. unless L-Histidine can be stored for a few hours from your last meal...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Any bulk BA would be fine. If you want it capped, though. Carnage or IntraXCell are definitely worth looking into.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered my Prima Force lol will be in tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
well these are the ones that i am looking at but they al basicly say the same thing but which one would be better to stack with drive/rpm
High Voltage Body Octane

Incarnate

Carnage

IntraXcell

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
well these are the ones that i am looking at but they al basicly say the same thing but which one would be better to stack with drive/rpm
High Voltage Body Octane

Incarnate

Carnage

IntraXcell
Well, Incarnate is BA + Cissus, so it could potentially help strengthen your tendants/ligaments. Have you ever tried Cissus? If not, and you have joint problems, it is definitely worth looking into, though it's a bit more pricey than others.

IntraXCell was really the first popular BA capped product. It is equipped with ALA and NAC.

Carnage is the cheapest of the bunch (I believe the cheapest capped BA here). It is BA with a delivery system which, in a lot of users, buffers the annoying flush associated with BA usage.

All are great products. You can't go wrong with any of them. Honestly, I've used them all and haven't noticed a real difference between any of them. All will get the job done.

EDIT:

I missed Body Octane. It is definitely superior to all of the above. It is, IMO, the best endurance product on the market. Really unrivaled. Although it looks expensive, if you were to buy all the products in bulk you wouldn't save nearly ANY money at all, plus it wouldn't be flavored. If you're willing to spend the money, it's really a top notch product.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Incarnate FTW!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 capsules
Servings per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Beta Alanine
2000mg **
Cissus Quadrangularis 20% ketosterones 600mg **
Propietary Blend:
L-Histidine HCL, Betaine HCL 244mg **

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
This is similar to what I use preworkout. I combine Xtend, beta-alanine, tri creatine malate and di-arginine malate. I then sip on Xtend and waxy maize during workout, but I may try Dsade's advice and add the beta-alanine.

Last edited:

psimonkey

Awards
You might also look into combining all of this with Kwik Karb, and taking it just before, or during your workout.
Indeed. I mix it with an isotonic powdered drink mix which has maltodextrin as well as potassium, sodium, magnesium and some choline citrate.

psimonkey

Awards
This is similar to what I use preworkout. I combine Xtend, beta-alanine, tri creatine malate and di-arginine malate. I then sip on Xtend and waxy maize during workout, but I may try Dsade's advice and add the beta-alanine.
I forgt to mention that I also add some NAC to the mix.
I'm thinking of adding some DL-phenylalanine too.