Your BEST Supplement besides protein/creatine

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
what bread and butter supplement can't you live without besides the obvious protein/creatine combo? And Why?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
My opinion!

Cissus and Controlled Labs Orange Triad...keeps my joints feeling pain free and this way I never miss a training day.

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate (absolutely addicted) then Beta Alanine/L-Histidine 2:1 combo.

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
Fish Oil and Amino 2222 by Optimum Nutrition. Covers the basics next to the multivitamin of course

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
fish oils and acety-L-Carnitine have become habitual.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Multi & Fish oil

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Multi no doubt. Always feel better with a good multi. I love AST's Multi 32x

kabuki

kabuki

Awards
  • Established
i don't take protein supps and Creatine occasionaly. BCAA's and Fish Oil for me.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
i tried working out with my BCAAs the other day... oh lord the difference is night and day

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Citrulline Malate (absolutely addicted) then Beta Alanine/L-Histidine 2:1 combo.
Do you mean 2 Beta-Alanine : 1 L-Histidine? Never seen this ratio!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what bread and butter supplement can't you live without besides the obvious protein/creatine combo?...
Is creatine obvious? Is it a must-have or a nice-to-have?

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean 2 Beta-Alanine : 1 L-Histidine? Never seen this ratio!
Yes thats what I meant. I've been using beta alanine since late '05 after doing some personal research into it. After laying off weights for about a year and a half and just doing swimming off and on I started weights again and found that BA has a huge popularity. When I first researched it was supposed to be a good ratio to 2:1 BA combined with L-histidine. Most recent posts in the BB.com forums indicate L-histidine isn't necessary. This is likely true, but its been part of my supplement staples for so long I'm keeping it in there if only for psychological benefits.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
poseidon/swell or blast.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Yes thats what I meant. I've been using beta alanine since late '05 after doing some personal research into it. After laying off weights for about a year and a half and just doing swimming off and on I started weights again and found that BA has a huge popularity. When I first researched it was supposed to be a good ratio to 2:1 BA combined with L-histidine. Most recent posts in the BB.com forums indicate L-histidine isn't necessary. This is likely true, but its been part of my supplement staples for so long I'm keeping it in there if only for psychological benefits.
Do you feel the effects of Citrulline that much?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

illfoo

Awards
Higher doses of fish oil. My mood, mindset, and joints go down the drain if I miss it for more than a few days in a row.

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
Do you feel the effects of Citrulline that much?
Yeah, like strategic said, big difference between L-Citrulline and Citrulline malate. But yeah, absolutely love the stuff. It really helps me with endurance whether I'm lifting, swimming, or running. I really don't like to do a swim workout without it, I'm able to recover quickly during a tough set and keep my speed up the whole way through.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, like strategic said, big difference between L-Citrulline and Citrulline malate. But yeah, absolutely love the stuff. It really helps me with endurance whether I'm lifting, swimming, or running. I really don't like to do a swim workout without it, I'm able to recover quickly during a tough set and keep my speed up the whole way through.
DAMN, you're gonna make me spend even more money!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
You can live and succeed without any supplements!

Had to be that guy... now that that's over with - my vote would be hands down for BCAA's, going with Xtend. In the long term, I think BCAA's are the most valuable supplement. You may only be able to get an extra rep here and there, but that endurance benefit adds up quick. Without a need to cycle and without losing anything upon cessation, I put it in front of whey protein on my list... and as a "two-fer", Xtend has Citrulline Malate!!! Double time baby

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Supps I'd prefer not to do without

acetyl-carnitine
NA Rala
gaba
Glucosamine/chondroitin
Zinc/magnesium
Long Jack
omega -3