Where to find bulk L-Arginine?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

High Dose Arginine for HGH boosting?

Greetings, I was wondering what would be the best form of bulk Arginine to take for HGH boosting effects.

I personally know of one 19 year-old female who took L-arginine before bedtime for one week. She stopped after one week because it was making her nauseous, which was an indication of an excessive level of HGH release. Even though she had not grown since she was 16, during the subsequent month, she grew an additional inch, and had a noticeable growth of her heel bones.
    Thanks

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%

There is quite a bit of research stating that Arganine is not a practical tool to build GH levels. It does increase it, but only at doses of 20g intervenously. Orally would require much more, and even 20g would make you sick. Dave Barr wrote an interesting article debunking Arganine benefits (an interesting read, Barr seems totally against Arganine, however it does scientifically raise strength out puts, as he points out in his article).

DB2000.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

arginine not = to hgh increase.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

Would it be possible to make an injectable suspension from a bulk powder? Probably wouldn't be sterile, I'm assuming? I've never injected anything but I want to start taking b12 shots and I would do this with Arg if I could.

And, as far as bioavailability is concerned, should I be considering AAKG or AEE over plain L-Arg?

I'm aware of the high dosage required to stimulate HGH. I was planning on taking 15g orally, before bed. I will give it a shot, at least.

I know that Arginine got a lot of play a couple years ago when the NO stuff "exploded" (pardon the pun) onto the scene. However, I've never taken an NO booster and I don't really care for that aspect of Arginine supplementation. I don't care about superpumps, "jacked fibras", etc...All I want to do is get my GH up...

I'm also considering L-Ornithine. Wonder if it is interchangeable with Arginine or if the two would have a synergistic effect.

L-Ornithine can be changed into L-Arginine in the body and it functions similarly in growth hormone release.

Animal research has suggested that L-Ornithine, along with Arginine, may promote muscle-building activity in the body by increasing levels of anabolic (growth-promoting) hormones such as insulin and growth hormone.

According to authors Dirk Pearson and Sandy Shaw, it has double the effectiveness of Arginine at the same dosage
    LOrnithine

Decisions to make...
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

re: bulk arginine

Itís been shown that Arginine Pyroglutamate passes the blood/brain barrier much easier. Below is a study referenced in pubmed about the GH release. Ultimate Nutrition makes a brand with lysine. Iíve taken it in the past. Not sure how effective it was in strength gains but I slept a little better. Something like 10gms vs 100gms.
    Now brands makes an Arginine bulk powder. Ultimate Nutrition makes Arginine Pyroglutamate/Lysine caps. Do a google search on Arginine Pyroglutamate or Now Arginine Powder (Pure L-Arginine) or PM me.

Arginine is really nasty tasting, so I suggest you cap it.

DB

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Ah you beat me to it, I was just about to paste that.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    Itís been shown that Arginine Pyroglutamate passes the blood/brain barrier much easier. Below is a study referenced in pubmed about the GH release. Ultimate Nutrition makes a brand with lysine. Iíve taken it in the past. Not sure how effective it was in strength gains but I slept a little better. Something like 10gms vs 100gms.
    Now brands makes an Arginine bulk powder. Ultimate Nutrition makes Arginine Pyroglutamate/Lysine caps. Do a google search on Arginine Pyroglutamate or Now Arginine Powder (Pure L-Arginine) or PM me.

Arginine is really nasty tasting, so I suggest you cap it.

DB

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum
    Thanks for your advice. Appreciate input.

I ended up ordering 500g AAKG from Nutra. I thought about caps but went with powder because I'm going to be megadosing this stuff. I've heard it tastes bad, but I'll choke it down. I've done it with b5 in the past.

I read that in studies, 40-60g oral L-Arginine was required to boost HGH significantly. I figure with AAKG, that dosage can be reduced somewhat because more will get absorbed. So, I'm aiming for 15g AAKG, right before bed. This, along with OAKG (if I can find it), plus GABA/Phenibut, ZMA, 5-HTP, and whatever else I can dig up research on.

I'm going all out with the GH boosters in an effort to boost my height (I'll be 21 in may).

I'm considering spending $90 on VPX Hemogex and taking it every other night.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.36%

With that high amounts of Arginine wouldn't you get massive faucet ass?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

Al ,
    Iíve starting taking GABA in October, I donít know about the GH effects but the sleep it produces is worth it alone. I havenít taken both GABA and Arginine together but will this month. Makes sense because GABA is supposed to induce GH and Arginine is supposed to suppress somatostatin release (canít remember where I read this or Iíd reference it). In the past Iíve taken 5 gms of Arginine (may up it). Iíll be taking this with 6-12gms GABA (less than this doesnít do it for me), and zinc/mag, too.
    Good luck
    DB
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.95%

I don't think I'd be able to walk if I had 20g Arg (most likely AEE or AKG as opposed to L-Arg) injected. Its a potent vasodilator.

If you're thinking about megadosing Arganine, get some anti-oxidants too in order to sweep up all the free radicals, there's gonna be a lot of them if you're dosing in the 15g range.

And yes, it is highly synergistic with ornithine, I used to use the stuff with a 2:1 ratio. I'd have 4g Arg/2g Ornithine for a workout in addition to the regular 5g CM/3g CEE/3g BA and got incredible pumps, made my muscles feel like they were popping out of my chest, not to mention getting very veiny.

Really I'd be careful using Arg/Orn at high levels for a long time, I just don't know if it'd be safe as much as it dilates the blood vessels. Just make sure you use some of the more powerful antioxidants to be safer with it.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

Quote Originally Posted by 2fresh View Post
    With that high amounts of Arginine wouldn't you get massive faucet ass?
    I intend to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    Al ,
    I’ve starting taking GABA in October, I don’t know about the GH effects but the sleep it produces is worth it alone. I haven’t taken both GABA and Arginine together but will this month. Makes sense because GABA is supposed to induce GH and Arginine is supposed to suppress somatostatin release (can’t remember where I read this or I’d reference it). In the past I’ve taken 5 gms of Arginine (may up it). I’ll be taking this with 6-12gms GABA (less than this doesn’t do it for me), and zinc/mag, too.
    Good luck
    DB
    I have GABA, but it never really did anything for me. I think I only tried 5g though - I'll give it another shot. Have you tried phenibut? It's a GABA analogue that crosses the BBB. It should have the same or greater effect on HGH levels, I'm assuming.

Soopa, I'll take your advice into consideration. I'll have to see how taking the Arg/Orni at night affects me in the gym during the day. If there's a noticeable affect, I may cut back on the dosage. However, up to this point, I have had the impression that NO2/cell volumizers don't do anything (with respect to increasing pumps).

I'm also thinking about ordering IGF1 and methyl b12 to pin.

Do you guys see any reason why I couldn't put the amino's in a transdermal carrier and apply before bed? I guess it's a question of whether they would be stable in solution.
    My goal is to start with the kitchen sink approach and narrow things down once I start puking.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Pick up some PowerFull that'll give you a nice GH boost, 2-3 caps before bed, 1-2 caps before your workout and your good to go, on and take it 30 minutes before or after a meal.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%

Re: trying Phenibut

Al,

I thought about it, but the cost (about 7 times that of GABA) just didnít seem worth it.

DB
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

10g AAKG, 5g GABA, 500 mg 5-htp proved to be too much for my first time. I experienced tingling all over my body and difficulty breathing shortly after taking. I slept deeply, but found it difficult to wake up and had a headache the next day. The following night (last), I took the same mixture with about 2g GABA, and everything was fine. Guess I have to build up tolerance.

Similar Forum Threads

1. where to find bulk HMB
    By Super Penguin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 02:48 PM
  2. Where to find bulk powers??
    By TheManGuy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 06:50 AM
  3. Custom Consoles, where to find kits..
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
  4. Where to find a 1-Test transdermal?
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 04:32 PM
  5. Where to find.....
    By noob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 10:15 PM