new to supps building, HELP??

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
hey everyone and merrychristmas!!! hope you all are having a great day. anyways im new to the bodybuilding world and so i need some advice from the great intellectual minds that you guys must have!! i have this supplement called "cytosport muscle milk". it has low fat and plenty of protein and carbs for post-workout times. i also need to have a supp that will cut the fat on my body as im about 10% bodyfat. any suggestions? i heard of "lipo 6" for a thermogenic and "glucophase XR" for the carb blockers when i eat dinner and go to sleep. thanks for any help you guys are willing to give and happy holidays again! :)

Agent White

Agent White

Awards
I understand you are new to BBing. What you really need to do is educate yourself on proper nutrition, training protocols, and supplementation before you start taking random chemicals that will manipulate your body.

Lipo 6 can be a harmful substance if not used with a proper diet and training regimen...do your research first!

:thumbsup:

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Do the basics first:

lightemup:
  1. About 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight. Other than that eat good food.
  2. Basic supps: People may have differing opinions on the amounts:
  3. Multi vitamin
  4. Whey – to help get your ~1.5 gms/lb of body weight.
  5. Creatine – muscle
  6. Fish oil for joints and cardio
  7. Cardio training cardio health and fat loss. Lifting just isn’t enough, I wish it were.
  8. Cissus or Glucosamine/Chondroitin for joints. I’ve tried both and I’m not sure I can tell the difference.
I’m not sure the MRP’s did much for me except for times when I couldn’t get a real meal. When I did use an MRP I used MET-RX VANILLA DRINK MIX , I think it was cheaper than MM, and I couldn't see a difference.

Except for the Cissus or Glucosamine/Chondroitin most of the stuff is inexpensive compared to most supplements. Do these things while ‘trolling the board for new info.

DB

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Well.. how long have you been lifting? Diet? Cardio? DB did a good job explaining the basics so I won't go into that.