X-factor, RPM, Drive, Purple Wrath, Muscle Milk...

domestic

Awards
So I just started taking X-factor, RPM, Drive, Purple Wrath and Muscle Milk. I have a few questions to ask anyone who has taken these.

X-factor: I'm currently taking 3 pills a day; 1 morning, 1 pre-w/o, and 1 a few hours before bed. My question is, does this stuff keep you up at night? I havent been able to sleep at night since I started taking it.

RPM:
I take 3 pre-workout and after about 15 minutes after consumption, I get this burning feeling in my body. It's almost an itchy feeling and my skin starts tingling. It stops when I start working out. Does this happen to anyone else?

Purple Wrath: I take this pre-w/o. Problem is, the stuff just doesnt mix well. It is really chalky and I hate the texture. Are yall having the same problem

Muscle Milk: same problem as the purple wrath. I'm mixing it with milk and it's clumpy. I have the Cookies and cream flavor btw

Drive: is the only thing I'm not having an issue with

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

BigD28

BigD28

Awards
So I just started taking X-factor, RPM, Drive, Purple Wrath and Muscle Milk. I have a few questions to ask anyone who has taken these.

X-factor: I'm currently taking 3 pills a day; 1 morning, 1 pre-w/o, and 1 a few hours before bed. My question is, does this stuff keep you up at night? I havent been able to sleep at night since I started taking it.

RPM:
I take 3 pre-workout and after about 15 minutes after consumption, I get this burning feeling in my body. It's almost an itchy feeling and my skin starts tingling. It stops when I start working out. Does this happen to anyone else?

Purple Wrath: I take this pre-w/o. Problem is, the stuff just doesnt mix well. It is really chalky and I hate the texture. Are yall having the same problem

Muscle Milk: same problem as the purple wrath. I'm mixing it with milk and it's clumpy. I have the Cookies and cream flavor btw

Drive: is the only thing I'm not having an issue with

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
I don't think that x-factor is causing your sleeping problem...the rpm effects do last for a very long time..what time are u dosing them at...also as far as the purple W yes mixing with that does nto always go so well, you usually get the little white floats at the top..but u sholdnt have a prob wiht mixing the muscle milk...And DRIVE is pretty awesome! Enjoy it

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking x-factor (bulk) and it does jack me up a bit. I take my dose in the afternoon, none before bed. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

X-factor: I'm currently taking 3 pills a day; 1 morning, 1 pre-w/o, and 1 a few hours before bed. My question is, does this stuff keep you up at night? I havent been able to sleep at night since I started taking it....
Take this for what it is worth:

Science Links Japan | Arachidonic Acid Improves Brain Function and Sleep in Elderly People
Arachidonic Acid Improves Brain Function and Sleep in Elderly People
Accession number;06A
Title;Arachidonic Acid Improves Brain Function and Sleep in Elderly People
Author;KISO YOSHINOBU(Suntory Ltd., JPN)
Journal Title;Bio Ind
Journal Code:Y0746A
ISSN:
VOL.23;NO.7;PAGE.)
Figure&Table&Reference;FIG.4, REF.5
Pub. Country;Japan
Language;Japanese
Abstract;It is known that intracerebral levels of arachidonic acid are lower in the elderly than in the young. It has recently been found that the cerebral functions of the elderly are improved by administering arachidonic acid for a month as a supplement. It is also clarified that arachidonic acid is useful for improving the sleep and wake rhythm by animal experiments using aged animal models. In addition, it is confirmed that the elderly people increase their activities when they are awake as a whole by the intake of arachidonic acid. It indicates that since arachidonic acid increases activities in the daytime and improves the quality of wake, it improves sleep quality during the night.

RPM:[/B] I take 3 pre-workout and after about 15 minutes after consumption, I get this burning feeling in my body. It's almost an itchy feeling and my skin starts tingling. It stops when I start working out. Does this happen to anyone else?
I seriously doubt that what you have described can be attributable to RPM. One reason is that these effects are not part of the "sides" one would typically expect from RPM. Furthermore, you also take X-Factor and Purple Wraath pre-workout. My conjecture is that Beta-Alanine in Purple Wraath is the source of the effects. Please my justification below.

Purple Wrath: ...
Purple Wraath contains Beta-Alanine, L-Histidine, and Niacin (although the amount of Niacin is negligible).

Niacin, especially in its form as nicotinic acid, not nicotinamide or niacinamide, can produce an expansion of blood vessels, creating a feeling known as the "niacin flush", a completely harmless sensation, indicating improved blood flow. The flush can produce a redness of the skin. Since Purple Wraath contains niacinamide, and in a small quantity, the effects you experienced definitely did not come from niacin.

Now to Beta-Alanine.
Carnosine is a multi-functional di-peptide made up of Beta-Alanine and L-Histidine. Purple Wraath contains both Beta-Alanine and L-Histidine, so they should raise cellular concentrations of carnosine after a period of consumption. Cellular carnosine (beta-alanine/histidine) saturation occurs after about one month of beta-alanine/histidine supplementation.

There is no beta-alanine "flush" in the sense of the skin turning red, as in the niacin case. However, there is a tingling (called paraethesia) or itching of the skin. This is not an allergic reaction. It is a normal body reaction to the consumption of beta alanine, once the compound has been absorbed into the blood stream. The precise mechanism here is not fully known. However, there are two theories.
1) The tingling is initiated by beta alanine binding to nerve receptors. These nerve receptors are excited, making them fire off at random. The situation of many of these nerve cells just below the surface of the skin creates a prickling, pins-and-needles, sensation at certain spots on the skin. 2) As a nitric-oxide potentiator (not generator), beta Alanine magnifies the action of nitric oxide, making its effects stronger and longer-lasting. Consequently, after the consumption of beta alanine, when the body produces nitric oxide, its effects will be amplified, making us feel the extra blood flowing through the capillaries close to the surface of the skin.

The intensity of the tingling is dose-dependent and ceases after serum beta-alanine levels are saturated.

Neither the niacin flush nor the beta-alanine tingling sensation should be a cause for worry.

So, to summarize, you have no problems with Drive or RPM. Be sure, though, not to take RPM less than five or so hours before sleep, as this may interfere with sleeping, due to the methlyxanthine/caffeine content.
The tingling sensation you get from Purple Wraath is completely harmless and should disappear after saturation is reached.

Last edited:

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
a blender will solve your musclemilk problems easily

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
problems

The itchy feeling and burning before workout is the beta alanine from the purple wrath. I had my first beta alanine "flush" a couple weeks ago and it was exactly how you described and freaked me out.

I am also currently using Cookies and Creme Muscle Milk and it is kinda clumpy. I have tried many other flavors and they were fine, it just seems to be this flavor. Hope this helps.

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
For your Purple WrAAth, mix it up about 15-30 minutes before you take it and let it sit in the fridge. It will mix up fine then and fully dissolve.

BTW nice stack, I have ran RPM and Drive and loved it. have not tried X-Factor yet.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
the hot itchy feeling is from the purple wraath. It's a good thing. I look forward to it. It's like somebody telling me it's time to quit farting around and start working. It also happens to me when I take white flood.

The purple wraath is clumpy most likely because you didn't add enough water. How much are you mixing it with? I do two scoops with half a a gallon of water, let it sit in the fridge, then thirty minutes before workout I start sipping all the way through my workout. It's not chalky then. in fact it's just like a crystal light grape flavored water.

Hope that helps.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established