MASS x8

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
Ok I wight 150lbs. and im 5'10.
I want to put on some mass, and just get my body to a stalky, bigger build.. My goal is to be able to bench 265, and stay under 165.. In that past 3 weeks, ive increased 30lbs in my max bench. This is my "Model A" workout.. (I'm not going to take the time to write down my excersizes, cuz im exausted, and feeling lazy right now.. haha)
I plan to push myself to the limits, and let nothing hold me back.

And yes I am using creatine, and other workout supplements..
Soon to be taking this stack..

X- FACTOR (By: Molecular Nutrition)
RPM (By: Applied Nutriceuticals)
NEOVAR (By: Applied Nutriceuticals)
DRIVE (By: Applied Nutriceuticals)

Gym 4 days a week.. (Because I work, and don't have much more free time)
2-4 hours per day.

Wednesday: Shoulders, Traps, and Back.

Thursday: Legs, Biceps, and Forarms

Saturday: Chest, Tricepts..

Monday: Mainly Cardio..

I also work my abbs almost every workout day, unless sore..
And I run everyday im at the gym, on a tredmill for about 10+ min. (0-2 Incline) (5-7 Speed)
Another thing I do, and im not sure if this is good or not.. But lets say im doing a Saturday workout, i'll go from something like dips, and then i'll go to pull downs, and cycle back and forth through diff. excercises.. Then I'll go do some chest, and go back to tri's again, just to let them rest for a few..

If you know of a hard training schedule that you think might be better, let me know..
Anyway, I just want to know if this is good, or if anyone has any suggestions or anything..

Thanks, xxHODGINSxx

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
you spend 2-4 hours in the gym per day?

if so, why? 1 hour would be sufficient, and efficacious.

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
around there.. more towards 2 1/2
just depends on the day..

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
chances are that your long time in the gym is doing more harm than good as opposed to a good hour in the gym..

my post didn't really answer your first post at all, sorry about that, but this is an important issue as far as i'm concerned.

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
yeah, but im doing more then just one activity.. I spend almost 15 min, per excerise, and take a 5 min. break in between.. so thats like 30min for 2 excersize, and with the break there is an easy 40 min..
And the schedule I showed up there is the one im doing at the moment.. B4 when I was in there for about 2 hours, I did 3 or more body parts.. now im concentrating on less body parts per day, so I have more days per week.. (without being sore)

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i think your taking too much of a break, personally, when i lift with a partner, i do my set and then he does his, and its back and forth like that, and that is all the rest we get. if im alone i take no more than a minute between sets. i used to be slow like you are, and i do the same workout that used to take me an hour and a half in about 45 minutes.

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
haha you guys are looking to hard into it..
when I say 5 min, I was using at a metaphore or whatever..
just like "in a minute"
when I said 5 min. I don't literally mean 5 min.. lol
I know that im working out right, im just asking for advice towards what to work, and when to do it..

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
haha you guys are looking to hard into it..
when I say 5 min, I was using at a metaphore or whatever..
just like "in a minute"
when I said 5 min. I don't literally mean 5 min.. lol
I know that im working out right, im just asking for advice towards what to work, and when to do it..
If you can find another person in this forum who spends 2.5 hours or more in the gym on a regular basis, then you can say you are working out correctly. Somebody doing GVT on a cycle might hit 2 hours on certain days, but I'd be surprised if you find anybody lifting as long as you do. That's insane. Your cortisol levels alone at that length of workout are reason enough not to do it. Then add in the fact that you're vastly increasing the likelihood of overtraining, and Ozarka is right, you're doing more harm than good.

So, as far as I'm concerned, your proposed supplementation is moot because nothing is going to help you with that kind of workout schedule. Do yourself a favor and find a better routine like MaxOT or HST.

Good luck.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely need to learn how to be more efficient with your time in the gym. I can fit in my lifting, cardio, and sparring in 2.5 hours. Not to be an ass, but do you spend a lot of time conversing while lifting or do you just kinda sit there in-between sets?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
If you can find another person in this forum who spends 2.5 hours or more in the gym on a regular basis, then you can say you are working out correctly. Somebody doing GVT on a cycle might hit 2 hours on certain days, but I'd be surprised if you find anybody lifting as long as you do. That's insane. Your cortisol levels alone at that length of workout are reason enough not to do it. Then add in the fact that you're vastly increasing the likelihood of overtraining, and Ozarka is right, you're doing more harm than good.

So, as far as I'm concerned, your proposed supplementation is moot because nothing is going to help you with that kind of workout schedule. Do yourself a favor and find a better routine like MaxOT or HST.

Good luck.

agree 100%

You may make gains but you will plateau very quickly at this rate. 1 hour is enough time spent at the gym 1 1/2 hours is pushing it already. I dont see how it's should take up 2 1/2 hours of your time.

Go in do about 4-5 different exercises per muscle group for one day. Eg

Chest,Triceps,Forearms for me would go like this

Flat barbell bench press 4 sets.

Incline barbell bench press 4 sets

machine width bench press 4 sets

dumbbell flyes 4 sets

This should at most take up 20-30 min.

Next exercise, triceps...

since I hit triceps partially on chest, I wont need to rape it agian...

3 sets or of maybe 3 exercises would be good. I might go a little more if I need to.

dips 3 sets

tricep pushdowns 3 sets

overhead extensions 3 sets

Finally 3 sets of wrist curls and barbell curls...

That should take about an hour. Sometimes I take an hour and 15 min which is pushing it already...

The key here is INTENSITY try to avoid long breaks in between your sets. Train with the intensity of an old man and you might as well look like one. Just keep that in mind.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt be too hard on this guy. If he is working two to three groups every day he is in the gym, how could he possibly get in and out in an hour. Honestly, he is prolly including the time he takes from leaving home until he leaves the gym, which involves a lot more than just working out. I know that I spend about 15 mins alone in the change room after each session, and prolly a good 5-10 mins before hand. Just change room time eats up almost a half hour of time, leaving him with 1.5-2 hours. which is a little bit long, but nothing too major. I know that I do three muscle groups a day and spend about 2 hours from the time I leave my house, until the time I leave the gym. And I for one do not feel that I am over-training one bit. In that time I propably spend about 45 mins on my major group and another 20-25 mins on my minor groups. When you brake it down, it really is not a long time to spending in the gym. Did I mention that on my split I am in the gym 6 days a week? Well, I dont want to seem "hottie" in my post at all, but I think that we should get a little bit more clarification from this guy about his routine before we all attack him.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt be too hard on this guy. If he is working two to three groups every day he is in the gym, how could he possibly get in and out in an hour. Honestly, he is prolly including the time he takes from leaving home until he leaves the gym, which involves a lot more than just working out. I know that I spend about 15 mins alone in the change room after each session, and prolly a good 5-10 mins before hand. Just right these that eats up almost a half hour of time, leaving him with 1.5-2 hours. which is a little bit long, but nothing too major. I know that I do three muscle groups a day and spend about 2 hours from the time I leave my house, until the time I leave the gym. And I for one do not feel that I am over-training one bit. In that time I propably spend about 45 mins on my major group and another 20-25 mins on my minor groups. When you brake it down, it really is not a long time to spending in the gym. Did I mention that on my split I am in the gym 6 days a week? Well, I dont want to seem "hottie" in my post at all, but I think that we should get a little bit more clarification from this guy about his routine before we all attack him.
I worked chest, back, and biceps today and was done in less than an hour.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I worked chest, back, and biceps today and was done in less than an hour.
Well rodja, that is pretty freakin' fast. I am just saying that the 2-2.5 hours that he says he is spending in the gym is prolly something closer to 1.5-1.75 hours. Which isnt that crazy to think about.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well rodja, that is pretty freakin' fast. I am just saying that the 2-2.5 hours that he says he is spending in the gym is prolly something closer to 1.5-1.75 hours. Which isnt that crazy to think about.
1.5 is understandable, but 2.5 is a little over the top. A trick that I like to use to save time is alternating sets between antagonist muscle groups. For example, today I did weighted dips, rested 45 seconds or so and did BB Rows, rested another 45 seconds and started over. 2 demanding exercises done in less than 10 minutes.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
1.5 is understandable, but 2.5 is a little over the top. A trick that I like to use to save time is alternating sets between antagonist muscle groups. For example, today I did weighted dips, rested 45 seconds or so and did BB Rows, rested another 45 seconds and started over. 2 demanding exercises done in less than 10 minutes.
Yah, that is a really good way to save time. I really like to incorporate super-sets like that into my routines as well. High intensity is totally the way to go if your talking about strictly a performance improving workout. ohhhhhhhh the burn! incase you weren't counting, that was 1000.

EDIT: I usually alternate between high-intensity/high volume routines and lower-intensity/powerlifting routines every couple of months. I just like to switch it up like that. I am getting off topic. Where did this guy go anyway?

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
wow alot has been said since ive last posted.. and yes your right if I add the time up that im actually working out, its probably only 1.5- 2 hours..
But eitherway, im not overtraining, cuz if I was, i'd be able to tell, im just asking if anybody has any suggestions for mass gaining rutiens..
OO and the guy who isn't trying to be an A$$..
Um, no I don't just sit there inbetween sets. The most time I spend doing nothing would have to be spotting.. And moving around the gym, we have a freaking HUUUGGE gym..
Thanks for the help cellardude!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
wow alot has been said since ive last posted.. and yes your right if I add the time up that im actually working out, its probably only 1.5- 2 hours..
But eitherway, im not overtraining, cuz if I was, i'd be able to tell, im just asking if anybody has any suggestions for mass gaining rutiens..
OO and the guy who isn't trying to be an A$$..
Um, no I don't just sit there inbetween sets. The most time I spend doing nothing would have to be spotting.. And moving around the gym, we have a freaking HUUUGGE gym..
Thanks for the help cellardude!
you might want to try MAX OT routine.

You have to restrict your training to about 1 hour however.

The basics of Max OT is that it's low reps, heavy weights and VERY short rest periods. It gets pretty intense.

3 sets 4-6 reps of one exercise is good.

For example chest...

incline barbell bp 3 sets, 4-6 reps each set
flat barbell bp 3 sets, 4-6 reps each set
flat dumbbell bp 3 sets, 4-6 reps each set

The weights would be in the range where you should be able to do more than 4 reps but no more than 6.

After chest move onto triceps

dips with weights or something 3 sets, 4-6 reps each set
skull crushers 3 sets 4-6 reps
tricep pushdowns 3 sets 4-6 reps

The basics of MAX OT is to work muscle groups fast with high intensity and weight.

Try this

Monday- Chest,triceps,abs
Wed- back,biceps,forearms
friday- legs,shoulders,calfs

The key is to keep the weights high and the reps low. Keep in mind that the rest is CRUCIAL. Don't say, that 3-4 days per week is not enough. In my opinion when I used this routine I was sore like crazy. Rest is very important as you should use plenty of it. Remember 1 hour time limit. Get in get out with high intensity. You will see some nice results if performed properly for 8-12 weeks.

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
Thanks again! I've read this stuff b4, saying heavy wieghts 4-6 reps.. 8 reps.. etc.
I'll give it a shot man, and let you know in about 3-4 weeks.
Btw, will deadlifts, help with my body mass?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks again! I've read this stuff b4, saying heavy wieghts 4-6 reps.. 8 reps.. etc.
Yes, deadlifts are a must for any mass/strength routine.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
deadlifts and squats are a MUST. nuff said...

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
Well I havn't done them for awhile, and don't exactly remember where I should be around..
I can squat around 225: 2 sets of 8
And can leg press 360: 2 sets of 8
And traps idk about 225: 2 sets of 8

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I havn't done them for awhile, and don't exactly remember where I should be around..
I can squat around 225: 2 sets of 8
And can leg press 360: 2 sets of 8
And traps idk about 225: 2 sets of 8
Usually, squat and deadlifts numbers are about the same.

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
Those are all after working up to them from more then 100lbs below them.. If I don't do so many sets b4 I do the sets mentioned I could probably add more lbs.

HODGINSx924

HODGINSx924

Awards
Alright cool, but for some reason I have the number 315 in my head, I think it was my max dead lift, but idk..

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are all after working up to them from more then 100lbs below them.. If I don't do so many sets b4 I do the sets mentioned I could probably add more lbs.
I personally like to work up to 1 max set of 3-5 reps. I may do 5 sets of progressively heavier weight, but I do not exert myself on these; I am merely acclimating my muscle and joints for the increase in load.

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
110% agree with cellardude. For me, MaxOT is the best for building body and strength. Just need about 35-45 min /wo, I get leaner without any cardio and still dropping fat, plus strength gain. And if you want to increase your bench, deadlift and squat are a must.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lincoln.prtg Nutrition / Health 11
akboom87 General Chat 19
p4pbeast Supplements 62
p4pbeast Supplements 0