mold growing in sesamin

frankiexq

frankiexq

Awards
anyone have this occur? i got the primaforce liquid sesamnin from NP and i noticed a scummy mold growing on the bottom of the plastic.
i guess it goes without saying, that i should discontinue use.
any way to prevent this from happening if i get another bottle of sesamin?

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some of the best drugs in the world are made from mold...

Seriously though, contact NP and discuss it with them. I am sure it's an isolated occurence. But it can happen with supplements of this nature.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Are you sure it's mold and not just particles settling at the bottom? I'm not sure how the Primaforce stuff is because I only use SesaThin, but my guess is that it's not really mold. Either way, you could keep it in the refrigerator if you want.

frankiexq

frankiexq

Awards
it's mold. i mean, it's not a new bottle. i used about 2/3 of it so it's easy to see. there's a white solid mass with a slimy, cloudy area around it. when i tilt the bottle, they move around together.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It could be the solid particulate coming out of the oil. Sesamin IS a solid.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shake it up vigorously, and see what happens. Mold should NOT go into solution, while the solid particles WILL.

frankiexq

frankiexq

Awards
i got too creeped out and just poured it down the drain. there was a blue portion in the center of the scum. eh, i used up a lot of that bottle anyway. funny thing is i'll probably get some more next i'm ordering. so damn cheap compared to getting caps.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The color produced by fungi is a function of a variety of chemicals produced either as waste, cellular metabolites, digestive agents (used to break down their food source such as plants or other types of materials)
or even to create a toxic environment for other fungi (their equivelent of chemical warfare). - (Google)