Need to INCREASE appetite without sides - AnabolicMinds.com

Need to INCREASE appetite without sides

1. bigskinny

Need to INCREASE appetite without sides

I am trying to gain some weight (muscle mass of course)! I am male 5'9" / 140lbs. What can I take to increase appetite without anxiety/insomnia sides?

I drink a serious mass shake every morning after breakfast but then I am not hungry for lunch. I force lunch down, but its no fun.

Thanks.

2. New Member

have you looked into controlled labs black hole?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Grub on from anabolic innovations work's well for me.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

Squat more often, or try full body workouts. That will get your appetite going.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  5. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.

I have heard good things about Black Hole from Controlled Labs.
  6. Banned

take benadryl, or some other strong anti histamine.

black hole works for some people, doesnt work for others.

ketotifen works really well. if you know where to get it, i suggest you do.

only thing about these is that you gotta take it at night or else youll end up being REALLY drowsy. But it leads to great sleep
  7. New Member

get on a L here and there.
    or
    black hole if you dont smoke more than 5 times a month
    or
    gradually eat more and more, try eating an apple or a sandwich inbetween meals where you usually dont. its taken me about 3 months but i definately can eat WAAYYYYY more than i could before and im always hungry it seems.

good luck bro!
    gfh!
  8. Senior Member

Eat desert first, the sweetness and simple carbs will make you more hungry.

Think like a fatty.
  9. Advanced Member

some of these products like black hole or grub on may be of assistance, but best bet is too slowly add calories, bump it up small, like 100 calories/day for a few weeks.

Also drinking juices, using butter, eating peanut butter/nuts&seeds, these small things all do wonders for adding calories.
  10. Banned

Thumbs up ask youur doctor MEGACE Oral Suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by bigskinny View Post
    I am trying to gain some weight (muscle mass of course)! I am male 5'9" / 140lbs. What can I take to increase appetite without anxiety/insomnia sides?

I drink a serious mass shake every morning after breakfast but then I am not hungry for lunch. I force lunch down, but its no fun.

Thanks.
    that will work hands down !!! also remember to uuse anti estrogen if your sensitive to estrogens. i used many times even for getting ready for a show but always stopped a week out. i need to eat big to keep the calories i burn off all day .
    i asked my doctor and he was fine with it so if you can get it see yourself really climbing the number up. good luck.
  11. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOSEF View Post
    that will work hands down !!! also remember to uuse anti estrogen if your sensitive to estrogens. i used many times even for getting ready for a show but always stopped a week out. i need to eat big to keep the calories i burn off all day .
    i asked my doctor and he was fine with it so if you can get it see yourself really climbing the number up. good luck.
    wow I just googled this stuff, and it sounds very effective, how easy is this to obtain by script? it seems to be very closely related to progesterone so Im curious if doctors have no problem prescribing this to a competitive BBer like myself.
  12. bigskinny

Thanks for the tips... time to cook up a huge omelette...
  13. New Member

I think you might be overestimating the amount of calories you really need to gain weight. Your BMR with not doing anything at all is 1680. If you throw in normal activity it's a little over 2000. If you eat 2500 calories a day you should definitely see a change when you step on the scale each week.

Do you still think you need to increase your appetite to get in that many calories ?
  14. bigskinny

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
    I think you might be overestimating the amount of calories you really need to gain weight. Your BMR with not doing anything at all is 1680. If you throw in normal activity it's a little over 2000. If you eat 2500 calories a day you should definitely see a change when you step on the scale each week.

Do you still think you need to increase your appetite to get in that many calories ?

All I can say is... I work out hard (cardio + weights), supplement, eat as much as I can, and still struggle to keep above 140 lbs.

I don't sleep well, and have some hormonal issues which I am working on. Maybe that will increase the appetite naturally when balanced.
  15. New Member

X2 for squats. Make em heavy and go to parallel. Or do one grueling set of 20. I can eat a horse the next day after that.

If you want to gain muscle you're gonna really need to get your sleep issues straightened out. You may possibly be overtrained already and which could be causing your sleep issues in the first place. I say take a week off of weights and get lots of rest, stock your shelves and fridge with food then hit it hard.

For sleep supps ZMA to have a good undisturbed sleep, and triptophan to help fall asleep in the first place.
  16. Banned

Thumbs up Hey Big Skinny

All I can say is... I work out hard (cardio + weights), supplement, eat as much as I can, and still struggle to keep above 140 lbs.

I don't sleep well, and have some hormonal issues which I am working on. Maybe that will increase the appetite naturally when balanced.
    TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT AMOUNTS OF CALORIES BUT TO EAT HEALTHY AND DONT FORGET TO ADD BORIGE OR PRIMEROSE OILS TO YOUR DIET PEOPLE REALLY FORGET HOW THE GOOD FATS WILL HELP IN ALMOST EVERY AREA OF YOR BODY ALSO CLA WILL HELP BALANCE YOUR HORMONES AND MOST OF ALL TRY TO GET 35 TO 45 GRAMS OF PROTIEN 4 TO 6 TIMES A DAY. AS FOR SLEEP TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR I HAVE A FEELING YOUR PRETTY HYPER NATURALLY AND IF THATS THE CASE ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET 6 BUT 8 HOURS IS BEST FOR OVERALL REST TO RECOVER. BUT I STILL WOULD TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR AND ASK HIM IF HE COULD GIVE YOU LUNESTA 3MG. THE ONLY THING IF YOU HAVE NO INSURANCE THEY DONT MAKE A GENERIC IF THATS THE CASE ASK FOR AMBIEN 10MG IT WILL BE ALOT LESS.BE CAREFULL WITH CARDIO CAUSE YOU CAN REALLY PREVENT GROWTH AND YOU WILL BECOME OVERTRAINED AND THAT COULD BE YOUR ANSWER TO MANY OF YOUR CONCERNS. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRAINING AND STAY HEALTHY. JOSEF
    Last edited by JOSEF; 12-24-2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: SPELLING
  17. Banned

I Have No Problems With My Doctor , He Should Help U.

Quote Originally Posted by LatSpread View Post
    wow I just googled this stuff, and it sounds very effective, how easy is this to obtain by script? it seems to be very closely related to progesterone so Im curious if doctors have no problem prescribing this to a competitive BBer like myself.
    JUST TELL HIM IVE LOST MY HUNGER TO EAT FEELING DOWN AND WANNA GET ON TRACK AGAIN CAUSE MY WEIGHT IS DROPPING HE SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS TO GIVE YOU A SCRIPT. GOOD LUCK.
  18. New Member

Ginger
  19. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post

You pulled that BMR off a chart somewhere, it has no relevance to his true physiological requirements.

I'm about 145, 5'11, and I could sit on my ass but still require more than 3,000 calories to maintain my weight.

What would your advice be for me? To eat the chart BMR? I'd drop to 135. Actually less, considering that the "official" BMR for someone of my height and weight can't be more than 1,600 calories a day.

Back in the real world, I need 24 kcal/lb. to maintain. Try bulking with THAT. Ain't happening without anabolic assistance.

To the OP: You need to identify which foods you are capable of eating in large quantities on a consistent basis. Do some individual experimentation. For me, it's whole milk shakes, hot dogs, scrambled eggs, chicken sausages, rice, soup, and various other things. I've turned massive eating into an art form, yet it's still far from "easy".

Similar story to my own. You probably have some degree of adrenal fatigue, which indicates elevated cortisol levels and depleted neurotransmitters. You're perpetually tense or stressed out and find it hard to relax. Addressing these issues will go a long way towards fixing your weight gain problem. Trust me, I know. By the way, it's very easy to get a Neuro-Adrenal profile done that will tell you your cortisol and neurotransmitter levels. You should get that done ASAP.

By the way, it has to be said:

The most effective appetite boosters of any kind are anabolics.
    I discovered this two months ago when I ran a mild cycle of H-drol. I think I could attribute all of my gains to the increase in appetite alone. I'm off it now, yet I've still got the size and I'
    ve become more accustomed to eating large amounts (still not easy, though - some days I don't feel like eating ****).

If you run h-drol at 25 mg/day you will experience ZERO sides and not require any form of post cycle therapy, yet you will still probably get a noticeable appetite boost. It's worth it for that alone. To actually be able and willing to eat enough calories to gain weight is an AWESOME feeling. Not something that is often experienced by people with abnormally high maintenance requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmeat View Post
    Ginger
    Ginger is good. It cures upset stomach and does stimulate appetite a bit. You should drink ginger tea with your meals.

I would not rely on otc or prescription drugs like anti-histamines to stimulate your appetite (or anything else, for that matter).
    In making you drowsy, they impair your own body's ability to fall asleep. They have Anticholinergic properties:

Anticholinergic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You will end up depleting your neurotransmitters even further and making your condition worse because that's how these drugs work.
    Don't do it - I'd recommend good sleep supplements and a mild anabolic for appetite.

You can't go wrong with halodrol at 25 mg/day. Don't even need PCT at that dosage.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to increase appetite?
    By ChrisW002 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 10:59 AM
  2. Need to Increase Lat Power/Do More Pull Ups!
    By 310lifter in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 03:57 AM
  3. How to increase appetite
    By jsp0882 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 01:37 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 12:57 AM
  5. What is the best way to increase appetite?
    By conversekidz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 04:11 PM