Which Supplement Hooked You???

mbase26

mbase26

Awards
Remember the first time you felt a supplement actually work? After that it was signed sealed and delivered... a supplement user for life. Lets do some lists. I'll throw out my first working supplement and then a chronological order of the ones that have worked since with a short synopsis. Let's keep it to legit, substantial gains.

1) Old fashioned creatine monohydrate (Sci-Fit). This powdery stuff was like gold, strength increases in three weeks. My virginity was taken.

2) Rage (White Tub Red or Orange lettering, powder)- this stuff was crazy, it was like a suped up version of ultimate orange, with all the ephedra, white willow bark, and asprin its no wonder. Fierce in the gym like never before, watch out for heart palpitations.

3) Equi-Bolan (Impact, Pill)- Ok, this hard core Pro-hormone steriod precursor is obviously no longer legal. I remember feeling invincible, strength increases in less than two weeks, no suprise there. This was my first and last bout with prohormones. It took me a while to get out of the mental hole this put me in... being dependent sucks

4) No-Xplode (BSN)- There was a big gap of time between 3 and 4. I remember feeling like I finally found something. This stuff gave me great energy and great pumps.

5) Armagedon (Star Chem Labs)- A nice transition from NOX, got my energy and pumps back with this product after arginine tolerance went up. I think they have something here with this hydrotrans technology.

I would say I have tried over 25 different kinds of supplements and these ones worked the best for me (excluding protien supplements, which I love Dymatize's Elite Protien for, but the price needs to be right when you're consuming in bulk). Still, I search for something over-the-counter that will substantially increase muscle growth. Pumps and energy are great, but let's face it, the name of the game is muscle size and strength.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump took my supplement virginity. :(

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Like many people, it was NO-Xplode (although I had used various other supps beforehand, including creatine mono). That was probably because of the amount of energy I felt from it.

Then Jungle Warfare. That's what I would say got me hooked into supps.

FM2K GT

FM2K GT

Awards
cell tech/nitro tech (MuscleTech)..Got a crazy peak on the biceps and thats about it.
Oh yea 1 more "superDUMP250. Those are the first 3 I tried

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
AX's Pheraplex....before that I had tried a couple of creatine products and thought it was pretty worthless at least for me. Then like an uneducated idiot I found Pheraplex online and heard some good things so I took it. Four weeks later and 12 lbs of bw later I was a happy boy.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I think one of my first supplements was plain old creatine mono. And then of course I got sucked into the nitrix and no-xplode. Favorite supplement to date is Primal N20 due to cost and effectiveness pre-workout.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Hmm.. I remember it went in this order I think..

ON 100% whey and Muscle Milk- bought at the same time and actualy finally saw my muscles growing.. so I was like hell ya

Creatine mono- 1st time I felt full all day and crazy hardness.. I was amazed at the time

No Xplode- that's what got me officialy hooked.. I was in 7th grade I think during track season and 1st time I took it I didn't want to leave the weight room and increased like 10 lbs on everything

Tried many more since..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Plain old Echinacea for a bad cold. Never believed in that stuff prior to taking some..now I am considering becoming an herbalist.

For workouts..plain old ON creatine mono back when it was $40 a kilo. lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Original Xenadrine when they still used ephedrine, by Cytodyne Technologies.

waimoku

waimoku

Awards
Poseidon and Beta Alanine! The combo gets me energized for morning cardio like nothing else. Haven't had a flush in a couple weeks, kinda miss it.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Ive always been a vitamin girl, but whats got me hooked for this purpose is Ephedra!! stimerex. gimme!!!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Cybergenix, lol... Oh wait, that actually worked? Never mind then. :p

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
L-Arginine. In raw form, because I was too cheap to buy all the hype. IE Pump Tech etc etc...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vitargo CGL-first time I ever really had any vascularity
EcdyMax-started my love affair with ecdy as an ergogenic aid
RPM-training has not been the same since those samples

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used to do a little
but the little wouldn't do it
so little got more and more

I just keep tryin to get a little better
a little better than before

and so on...

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
M1t. :D

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Pussy (Aka warm wetness, Evil oven) that hooked me for life lol

mbase26

mbase26

Awards
Pembroke and freezito, would you guys testify on those products. Specific results or changes in the gym? Sleep help, anything specific?

B

blackjackcat

Awards
The original ultimate orange. Boy I miss the old days.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
ON's tribulus. Gained Strength, appetite, mass, good mood. :)

S

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Cell Mass and Muscle Milk for Amino Acid/Protien supplementation and Diesel Test 2010, USPLabs Cissus RX and Powerfull for Herbal supplementation. After trying those I have become hooked.

S

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
ON's tribulus. Gained Strength, appetite, mass, good mood. :)
I found Now's Trib 1000 gave me those effects, that's what made me curious enough to try other things. Now's Maca gives me great mood and energy.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Work out maxmizer for many reasons but to put it simple the published study on the actual product is 100% true and I felt every bit of the study as if I was part of it.

B

biomax

Awards
The new generation fatburners/pre-workout stims containing 1,3 dimethylamine like Stimx/ RPM. 2 Rpm's and 1 Stim X with 4mg of Yohimbine Hcl and your workouts go to a new level. Nice clean energy without crashing and dieting is soooo much easier on this stuff. Really got me hooked!

:woohoo:

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Universal's Creatine Mono....I use to just shovel it my mouth and chase it with a glass of water.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Green Bulge, saw true strength gains and painful pumps

white flood, gave me so much energy! Knocked me on my ass!

RPM, I though WF was good, then tried RPM, been addicted ever since. Aggression, energy, cheap... great supplement... a staple for me now.

N

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Piracetam Creatine Sesathin AMP Activate RPM, each time I was amazed at the effectiveness branching out into another type of supplement.

In that order of discovery.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i stumbled accross e-form for $15, with all the expensive stuff out there i found this inexpensive product outperformed the hyped-up stuff.

pittbull666

pittbull666

Awards
RPM and Drive are the only supps that im buying consistently besides protein,I have been taking transdermal formastane for the past almost 4 weeks and I really like it too.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Cybergenix, lol... Oh wait, that actually worked? Never mind then. :p
LOL...I remember that stuff from way back. Cost like $150 and was just like 5 diff bottles of basic stuff. The supps. were nothing fancy, but they wanted you to do a double split workout 5 or 6 days a week. I can remember reading the workout plan and thinking wtf???

I'd say Muscle Milk hooked me, as did beta-alanine. Paravol is always fun and Aspire is a must have!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aside from the staples of protein, multi, and creatine I really got hooked into researching and trying new things after I used Hyperdrol.:thumbsup:

L

latinsteel

Awards
Ripped Fuel when it had ephedrine, the old NYC stack, and 1-ad did wonders for me. Had to be the best money, I've ever spent on sups.

:thumbsup:

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Cell Mass and Muscle Milk for Amino Acid/Protien supplementation and Diesel Test 2010, USPLabs Cissus RX and Powerfull for Herbal supplementation. After trying those I have become hooked.
Cellmass has since been exposed as having no creatine at all. It was independently tested and found to be bs. BSN is being sued over it.

I

illfoo

Awards
Good ol' CM. In the form of Phosphagen HP. I was 15 and put on 10 lbs in 2 weeks. The pumps I got on that stuff at that age blew my mind; I was an EAS whore for like 3-4 years simply because I loved Phosphagen HP.

And to think I used to pay like 40 bucks a tub for that stuff.