syntrax question

sundevil22

Awards
I was curious as to the quality of syntrax products. I hear a lot about taste but what kind of quality should i expect in nectar and/or matrix?

Thanks for the help guys

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I beleive there was an indepedant lab test done on Nectar and it turned out OK.

Matrix is another story altogether. They market it as a casein protein, but it's only partly casein (whey is actually the #1 ingredient.)

So it can vary. Ive been using Nectar, and have found the product to be well.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I was curious as to the quality of syntrax products. I hear a lot about taste but what kind of quality should i expect in nectar and/or matrix?

Thanks for the help guys
google 'Syntrax Lipokinetix'

Read up on some of the articles about it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the nectar line. I always have at least a tub of the lemonade in the house, plus one or two others.

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
Matrix is another story altogether. They market it as a casein protein, but it's only partly casein (whey is actually the #1 ingredient.)
I've never seen Matrix marketed as a casein protein, rather it's marketed as a blend:thumbsup:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen Matrix marketed as a casein protein, rather it's marketed as a blend:thumbsup:
it was on bb.com

the reps were recommending matrix as a night time as well as a day time blend protien. If a protien has 90% whey and 10% caesin you shouldnt be marketing it as an all you need protien blend.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it was on bb.com
Well, there's the problem right there! :trout: lol

Seriously, I'm a big fan of the Nectars...been using them on my cut instead of any other proteins (former ON fan) to limit carb intake. Flavors are great! So far, I've had the apple, cherry, tropical something-er-other, and carribean cooler. The tropical one (I believe) is like a pina colada, except a bit less coconut. All are good so far, and can't complain about mixability or anything. They do foam up a bit at first, but many do that anyway. Just shake it up, let sit for a minute, reshake gently and good to go.

As for Matrix, though I haven't seen it marketed as a Casein on NP (atleast lately), I do plan on ordering it for my bulk to use before bed and as a meal replacement. Nectar stays in the rotation post-w/o, with maybe some WMS starch added in now that I won't be counting carbs.

The big bonus for me right now is that you don't mix the Nectars with milk! Whey is expensive enough, and now with the price of milk... Geesh! BONUS!!! :thumbsup:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Well, there's the problem right there! :trout: lol

Seriously, I'm a big fan of the Nectars...been using them on my cut instead of any other proteins (former ON fan) to limit carb intake. Flavors are great! So far, I've had the apple, cherry, tropical something-er-other, and carribean cooler. The tropical one (I believe) is like a pina colada, except a bit less coconut. All are good so far, and can't complain about mixability or anything. They do foam up a bit at first, but many do that anyway. Just shake it up, let sit for a minute, reshake gently and good to go.

As for Matrix, though I haven't seen it marketed as a Casein on NP (atleast lately), I do plan on ordering it for my bulk to use before bed and as a meal replacement. Nectar stays in the rotation post-w/o, with maybe some WMS starch added in now that I won't be counting carbs.

The big bonus for me right now is that you don't mix the Nectars with milk! Whey is expensive enough, and now with the price of milk... Geesh! BONUS!!! :thumbsup:

I had considered buying nectar, but i would run through that 2 pound container like theres no tomorrow!

Fruity flavors dont need milk unless you plan on making some sort of protien milk shake with it. My current protien (All the Whey Cinnamon Bun) taste weird with water. Gotta try nectar even if it's only 1 container :)

sundevil22

Awards
Thank you gentlemen. So as far as matrix goes it looks like nobody likes it as a blend. I have been searching around for blends but unfortunatly i do not know much about company reputations except for the big two to stay away from (bsn, muscle tech). Any suggestions on quality blends would be appreciated. Once again thank you in advance

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thank you gentlemen. So as far as matrix goes it looks like nobody likes it as a blend. I have been searching around for blends but unfortunatly i do not know much about company reputations except for the big two to stay away from (bsn, muscle tech). Any suggestions on quality blends would be appreciated. Once again thank you in advance
A quality blend, backed up by a legit company ... is Cytosport's Evopro ... BSN isn't too bad if you get their Syntha-6 which is also a blend (i dont like their creatines and dont recommend them.)

Nectar flavors i like are strawberry kiwi (tastes like red jello), and iced tea.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
try this

http://www.trueprotein.com/product_listings.aspx?cid=31

they are a sponsor of anabolic minds, and people say great things about them. I still haven't tried em yet, sooner or later. I blew my monthly protein budget on the Optimum Nutrition 4 seasonal flavors...

sundevil22

Awards
Thanks easy. I basically got tired of blowing my budget on optimum products.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks easy. I basically got tired of blowing my budget on optimum products.
have you tried their (ON) seasonals? the gingerbread cookie is fantastic, and the pumpkin pie is nice too. I have the apple cider and eggnog unopened still, I normally barely use a whole 2lb container a month. I go thru eggs, seafood and cottage cheese like a mofo tho

sundevil22

Awards
no i havent treid the seasonals. i have heard they are pretty good though. I tend to stick with vanilla because you can mix virtually any flavor with it