Yellow Gold a Thermogenic?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I am wondering if anybody has some insight into whether Yellow Gold (bulk Berberine HCl) might have some thermogenic properties? I did some searching that didn't turn up anything, but what me going on the idea was a review on Nutraplanet where the person said they noticed an increase in body temperature.

I've been on YG for about 45 days now, and I've noticed lately just how warm my body is. My housemates will be covered up in sweaters and I'm always in shorts and a t-shirt. They complain it's freezing at night meanwhile I can't even sleep with the covers on! I was trying to decide if this was just from my high metabolism + constant small meals, or if YG might be having this effect. The only other stuff I take is cissus, 1-carboxy before bead, Whey,Leucine, BCAA's, Fishoil, Vitamins and some BA.

If anybody has some input I'm quite curious!
Cheers,
Steve

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
One of the secondary effects of Yellow Gold is its action on a gene called PPARGamma2. A master regulatory gene within adipocytes which allows stored lipids to bind to FFA in the bloodstream, causing lipid hypertrophy. The effect of this 'turning off' is lipolysis, or the process in which stored lipids are broken back down into their fatty acid counterparts, and released into the bloodstream to be oxidized. This in itself that has a secondary effect on fat loss. As your body is receiving more than adequate amounts of glucose from the Yellow Gold, it begins to oxidize the FFAs for energy. This, in conjunction with the smaller meals, is probably causing the temperature raising effect of fatty acid metabolism.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 33
mstep Supplements 2
Supplements 2
kbayne Supplements 32
Distilled Water Supplements 21