What is this Ephedra Extract?

  1. Registered User
    Hurleyboy05's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    960

    What is this Ephedra Extract?


    I've been looking around at some of these newer "fat burning" supplements, and alot of them are using 25mg of Ephedra Extract (leaves). Is this just crap that they put in a cap of caffeine and sell as "Ephedra"?? It's in stuff you can buy without faxing/emailing/presenting I.D. so I'm guessing it's completely useless.

    Somebody educate me

  2. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    32275

    I believe ephedra and ephedra HCL are different. Ephedra HCL is the hardcore deal and ephedra (leaves) are the ones that are of a weaker extract.

    That is my understanding of it.
  3. Registered User
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1152

    ephedra can legally be sold with out identification, its ephedrine HCL and sulfate that you would need to present your ID. some places still are selling out their inventory of ephedrine but the ban has been reinstated, so buy up because when its gone, its gone. ephedra is probably not going anywhere but it is less effective then the more pure, single alkaloid ephedrine.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    heebs10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    1152

    forgot to answer your question, yes, it probably is ephedra in it. i hate ephedra though, its not a clean buzz at all.
  5. Registered User
    Pimp C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    243

    ephedra leaves extract means that there are no ephedrine alkaloids in the product. it's a total scam. i hate to see companies selling this crap.
  6. Registered User
    pyrotechnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
    ephedra leaves extract means that there are no ephedrine alkaloids in the product. it's a total scam. i hate to see companies selling this crap.
    exactly. they are marketing it as ephedra to fool people into thinking they are getting a quality fat burning supplement when in reality they are just getting the placebo effect. the only buzz you get from those products is the caffeine.

    scam scam scam

    don't buy it - go to your local drugstore and buy primatene or bronkaid - two supplements with REAL ephedrine in them, intended for asthmatics. it's cheap and effective, just buy two boxes of the stuff or it'll be used up too quickly.
  7. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    32275

    i found some ephedrine hcl

    I might run it for a cut.
  8. Registered User
    pyrotechnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    i found some ephedrine hcl

    I might run it for a cut.
    good luck I'm currently on bronkaid and Biotest's Hot Rox Extreme, and so far have gone from 167 lbs @ 18.5% BF to 159 lbs over a rather short period of time

    the ECandotherstuff stack rules!
  9. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    1499

    I hear ECA (Ephed, Caffeine, and Aspirin) stacks work very well for a cut.
  10. Registered User
    Hurleyboy05's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    960

    I saw a girl take this during my lunch period yesterday.



    I decided I would see what she was actually taking and heres what I found:





    Product Detailed Description
    See the Complete Line of Hi Tech Supplements

    ECA Xtreme Fat Burning Ingredients

    Serving Size 1 Caplet Servings Per Container 90

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

    Proprietary Blend 575mg **

    Ephedra Extract (Leaves), Kola Nut Extract (200mg Caffeine), White Willow Bark, Acacia Rigidula (Leaves), Green Tea Extract (Leaves), Theobromine, Phenylethylamine HCL, Citrus Aurantium Extract (25 Mg Synephrine), Chromium Picolinate

    Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dextrose, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Silica, FD&C Yellow #5

    Directions: Take 1 tablet three times daily. Do not exceed 4 tablets in any 24 hour period.




    I believe this falls into the "crap supplements" list
  11. Registered User
    solidwon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    107

    there are a few products that standardize their extracts to have 10 mg's of the ephedrine alkaloids but they are insanely expensive and ultimately not worth the money. The leaves contain nothing but your wasted money. But hey, it's not any different than naming an herbal mixture after a steroid.
  12. Registered User
    Cellardude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    32275

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurleyboy05 View Post
    I saw a girl take this during my lunch period yesterday.



    I decided I would see what she was actually taking and heres what I found:





    Product Detailed Description
    See the Complete Line of Hi Tech Supplements

    ECA Xtreme Fat Burning Ingredients

    Serving Size 1 Caplet Servings Per Container 90

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

    Proprietary Blend 575mg **

    Ephedra Extract (Leaves), Kola Nut Extract (200mg Caffeine), White Willow Bark, Acacia Rigidula (Leaves), Green Tea Extract (Leaves), Theobromine, Phenylethylamine HCL, Citrus Aurantium Extract (25 Mg Synephrine), Chromium Picolinate

    Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dextrose, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Silica, FD&C Yellow #5

    Directions: Take 1 tablet three times daily. Do not exceed 4 tablets in any 24 hour period.




    I believe this falls into the "crap supplements" list

    I guess it works to some extent... but nowhere near ephedrine HCL



    thats what you need duddee!
  13. Registered User
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,373
    Rep Power
    585789

    i just got some some from europe, 200 30mg for 57$ shipped
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  14. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,204
    Rep Power
    85508

    I've always preferred the real ephedra alkaloids (not this leaf extract crap) to ephedrine Hcl.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  15. Registered User
    Hurleyboy05's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    960

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    i just got some some from europe, 200 30mg for 57$ shipped
    Care to PM this??
  16. Registered User
    Highlanda01602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    736

    Looking at the Primatene inhaler, serving doses @ 0.22mg. Now that's incredibly small compared to the 12.5 Primatene pill, but is it more effective do you think? Rather than being digested and all...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Legal Gear M1P. What is this stuff?
    By Dr. Death in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
  2. FinigenX Magnum ??? what is this stuff?
    By oswizzle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 12:31 PM
  3. whats is this stuff?
    By x_muscle in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 11:46 AM
  4. What is this?
    By SCORPIO in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 01:51 PM
  5. What is this routine?
    By T-Bar in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in