Anabolic Pump

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I have dabbled in this supp and I'm not sure if I was doing it incorrectly or what... but I didn't see anything come from it.

I took it 30 mins prior to eating on my big meals... breakfast, lunch and dinner.

When I quit taking it (I did 3 bottles) I didn't even notice anything changing.

Is that stuff legit?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I've heard all over that pump supps are a waste. They 'pump' you up, but that's about it.

Not sure if there's any truth to that, but I've heard it from every direction.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
You're about to get hit with some replys be ready. If you had :gotsearch you would have seen that there are about fifty threads that give you opinions on use, ingredients and yes results both good and bad.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i don't think it is enough to eat this with a big meal but with a very high carb meal. i've had good success with this product in the past. i have not been on it long enough to note gains through time. but as far as pump goes - yes. as far as feeling it after and the next day - yes. it would be nice if they could come up with a version that is easier on the "bowel" then i would be able to try this for a longer cycle.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
You're about to get hit with some replys be ready. If you had :gotsearch you would have seen that there are about fifty threads that give you opinions on use, ingredients and yes results both good and bad.
I've been here for under 30 posts.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I've heard all over that pump supps are a waste. They 'pump' you up, but that's about it.

AP is not a NO pump supplement like the ones you have heard of. The "pump" from AP comes from your muscles being supersaturated with nutrients due to GLUT4 stimulation and the large carb meal you should be taking along with it. Make sure you get enough water, and you should be solid.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I am not a huge Carb gobbler. Must be why it did nothing.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I am not a huge Carb gobbler. Must be why it did nothing.
People usually use AP on a carb surplus. For me I use AP on a bulk.
Some users of AP use it with low to medium carbs to help with fat loss. Although personally I think it is a waste of money to do so, I myself have maintained a steady body fat percentage while on AP, Pumps energy and to some degree some increase in strength. All of these were due to the surplus of carbs. If your not eatting enough carbs with AP, you might experience headaches like I do with it. In the future if you decide to try AP agian, consume about 50-60g of carbs with AP. It gives massive pumps due to the carbs. Maintain this for a week, I promise you, you'll see the pumps that uses report.

Overall benefits in terms of strength and muscle gains can be made due to the ability of AP to supply your muscles with proper nutrition. In my opinion, it's a very clever and promising product. The whole concept of how it works simply amazes me.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just surprised you managed to go through 3 whole bottles without trying to understand what you were taking/how it's meant to be used. I've been on Yellow Gold (The bulk version) for the past month and a half on a clean bulk and I believeit's been helping me keep off the fat pretty well. I think if I were to try and do this without YG, I would have had to do more cardio to keep off any fatgain. I have a log going that I just updated if you want to get more details.

Perhaps give AP another go, but this time with a bunch of carbs (I personally do 60-70g 10mins after dosing). Good luck with your weightlifting and happy holidays!

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
i didnt notice any leaning out on AP...then again i was eating 120 carbs a meal on it and didnt gain any fat. AP is a great supp if used right.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I really cannot believe someone would waste 100s of dollars and not know how to use a supp. AP is very EASY to use. I am really trying to bring my cardio up for athletic purposes so I am eating around 400-500 grams of carbs per day. I have lost no weight, but I am leaning out like no one's business. 15-20min after AP i take down either 100gr of carbs from oats, bananas, etc. depending on my workouts and I have not gained an ounce of fat, in fact I can see my body recomping. Energy is great, and I NEVER feel bloated. Why you would not take advantage of being able to add quality calories and having your body use them more efficiently is beyond me.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established

research something before you comment on it, or better yet, continue shopping at gnc and listening to ghandi behind the counter.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to lean out. The way I understood it was that it would minimize excess carbs being processed into stored fat.

I'm not really after size or a pump so to speak. I need to get rid of my fat. I've not been in the gym since Aug 14th and this is my first week back (Moved, new job, new vehicles, new gym etc) and Im in my upper teens in BF %. Muscle memory for me is incredible... so my main focus is leaning out.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to lean out. The way I understood it was that it would minimize excess carbs being processed into stored fat.

I'm not really after size or a pump so to speak. I need to get rid of my fat. I've not been in the gym since Aug 14th and this is my first week back (Moved, new job, new vehicles, new gym etc) and Im in my upper teens in BF %. Muscle memory for me is incredible... so my main focus is leaning out.
It helps your body use those carbs more efficiently, but it will do next to nothing if you are not eating 60-70gr of complex carbs 15-30min prior to taking it. Since these carbs are now being used for muscle rather than being stored as fat, you will get leaner while maintaining muscle and possibly even gaining muscle. I am focusing on cardio/recomp and this is how I am dosing it:
On workout days, wake up 7am, take 1 AP, 15min later 70-100gr of carbs from oats, 40gr protein from whey isolate. Workout begins around 830-9am. PWO, 1 ap, 15min later whey shake with a banana and 15gr waxy maize starch. I take another AP for my third meal (usually my largest meal), usually 8-10 egg whites, 2 yolks, 3 slices of ezekial bread. That is it for carbs for the day. On non-workout days, i take an AP prior to breakast, one in the afternoon, and one around dinner time. My cheat day is sat or sun depending on my rotating work schedule, I take 2 AP and a half hour later eat pizza. So far like I posted earlier, weight is relatively the same, but vascualarity has become more visible, no bloat, and I am leaning out nicely in the midsection.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but with what are you using as your control to discern the results are coming directly from the AP?

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but with what are you using as your control to discern the results are coming directly from the AP?
Ok, re-read my last post: 500gr of carbs PER DAY, and i am leaning out. Energy is up, no bloat, diet is spot on as per the requirements for maximizing results of Anabolic Pump. I am using NO other supplements other than staple supps such as bcaas and whey,and carbs usually bloat me, I NEVER get lean eating this many complex carbohydrates, since using AP pre carb meals, I am getting lean.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Ok, re-read my last post: 500gr of carbs PER DAY, and i am leaning out. Energy is up, no bloat, diet is spot on as per the requirements for maximizing results of Anabolic Pump. I am using NO other supplements other than staple supps such as bcaas and whey,and carbs usually bloat me, I NEVER get lean eating this many complex carbohydrates, since using AP pre carb meals, I am getting lean.
Ahhh I get you now. I just dont crave carbs really... and when I do its Ice Cream, Cookies or something of the Like. It would be hard for me to put away more than 250g a day.

A Bagel, 2 slices of bread or some cereal between lunch and breakfast. Pasta or soups sometimes at dinner. And I don't eat a lot of potato.

I like off eggs, chicken, steak, beans, protein shakes, turkey bacon, bagels, small glasses of OJ and Salads.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh I get you now. I just dont crave carbs really... and when I do its Ice Cream, Cookies or something of the Like. It would be hard for me to put away more than 250g a day.

A Bagel, 2 slices of bread or some cereal between lunch and breakfast. Pasta or soups sometimes at dinner. And I don't eat a lot of potato.

I like off eggs, chicken, steak, beans, protein shakes, turkey bacon, bagels, small glasses of OJ and Salads.
its not about craving carbs, its about using them properly. It sounds like you need to tighten up the dietary aspect of your training before using any supps. Just my opinion

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
its not about craving carbs, its about using them properly. It sounds like you need to tighten up the dietary aspect of your training before using any supps. Just my opinion
Whats wrong with my dietary aspect?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
He's saying that you need to eat more cleanly and actually plan out what you eat on a daily basis (for at least 6 meals). If you do the work/math to find out what your body needs calorie-wise to maintain your current weight and current level of activity, then you can start to cut the calories at each meal to reach your desired weight and bodyfat. You may even want to look into nutrient timing (often done when people are trying to cut for a show)...when to have protein+carb, protein+fat, and fat+carb meals.

Basically(no offense), it seems like you don't know how much you're eating at each meal and thus you don't know what to do to manipulate your diet to get the results you are looking for.

It doesn't seem like you're into bodybuilding but these three principles apply to anyone who is looking to manage their weight. Their importance flows in this order:

Diet
Rest
Training

And if you want you can throw supplements at the end of this list. Diet is the most important aspect! Supplements will do nothing if you don't have a well thought out diet. Get that in check first and I guarantee you will see more results than any (safe) supplement can give you. Plus, you can minimize muscle loss this way as well.

Good luck with the fat loss! Stay safe.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
He's saying that you need to eat more cleanly and actually plan out what you eat on a daily basis (for at least 6 meals). If you do the work/math to find out what your body needs calorie-wise to maintain your current weight and current level of activity, then you can start to cut the calories at each meal to reach your desired weight and bodyfat. You may even want to look into nutrient timing (often done when people are trying to cut for a show)...when to have protein+carb, protein+fat, and fat+carb meals.

Basically(no offense), it seems like you don't know how much you're eating at each meal and thus you don't know what to do to manipulate your diet to get the results you are looking for.

It doesn't seem like you're into bodybuilding but these three principles apply to anyone who is looking to manage their weight. Their importance flows in this order:

Diet
Rest
Training

And if you want you can throw supplements at the end of this list. Diet is the most important aspect! Supplements will do nothing if you don't have a well thought out diet. Get that in check first and I guarantee you will see more results than any (safe) supplement can give you. Plus, you can minimize muscle loss this way as well.

Good luck with the fat loss! Stay safe.
I workout 4 days a week.

When I eat I eat until I am not hungry anymore... not till full.

My diet every day consists of pretty much the same things.

1) Bagel or Cereal or Cream of Wheat or Eggs with Toast. (And a protein Drink)

2) Handful of nuts... cashews, peanuts, or a piece of fruit

3) Salad with a whole chicken breast and basalmic with cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, sprouts and etc.

4) Beans, Pasta, Steak, Chicken with a green veggie side.

(Insert 2 hour gym session with 1 hr cardio and 50 mins of lifting)

5) Protein Shake, Soup, Left Overs from #4

4)

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I workout 4 days a week.

When I eat I eat until I am not hungry anymore... not till full.

My diet every day consists of pretty much the same things.

1) Bagel or Cereal or Cream of Wheat or Eggs with Toast. (And a protein Drink)

2) Handful of nuts... cashews, peanuts, or a piece of fruit

3) Salad with a whole chicken breast and basalmic with cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, sprouts and etc.

4) Beans, Pasta, Steak, Chicken with a green veggie side.

(Insert 2 hour gym session with 1 hr cardio and 50 mins of lifting)

5) Protein Shake, Soup, Left Overs from #4

4)
Not too bad man. It looks like you've got the idea right. Maybe drop the bagels, cream of wheat, and cereal and pick up some whole grain bread, steel cut oats, or whole grain cereal. I would drop the soup due to the usual high sodium content (which will make you retain more water and smooth you out). You might need more protein at lunch as well (one chicken breast is usually around 20-25 g protein only).

Base your meals around the lean proteins like you seem to be doing (aim for 1-1.5 g protein per pound of bodyweight per day).

My point is that if you figure out the number of cals you need per day on maintenance and the average number of meals you can squeeze in a day (once every 2-3 hours), then you can get the approximate number of calories you need per meal. Once you decide how you want to divide those calories, say 40c/40p/20f, then you will know how many grams of each macronutrient you need at each meal. Then just scale the day back by 500 calories to get yourself in a small caloric deficit. You can continue to lose weight slowly and safely that way with burning muscle.

A detailed log is usually the best way to see what you're currently doing and the best way to plan out your future meals. Try it out, you might be surprised at what kind of macronutrient breakdown you're getting.

Also, the endurance running may not be helping your cause. Maybe try out some interval training (HIIT) for the treadmill.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Not too bad man. It looks like you've got the idea right. Maybe drop the bagels, cream of wheat, and cereal and pick up some whole grain bread, steel cut oats, or whole grain cereal. I would drop the soup due to the usual high sodium content (which will make you retain more water and smooth you out). You might need more protein at lunch as well (one chicken breast is usually around 20-25 g protein only).

Base your meals around the lean proteins like you seem to be doing.

My point is that if you figure out the number of cals you need per day on maintenance and the average number of meals you can squeeze in a day (once every 2-3 hours), then you can get the approximate number of calories you need per meal. Once you decide how you want to divide those calories, say 40c/40p/20f, then you will know how many grams of each macronutrient you need at each meal. Then just scale the day back by 500 calories to get yourself in a small caloric deficit. You can continue to lose weight slowly and safely that way with burning muscle.

Also, the endurance running may not be helping your cause. Maybe try out some interval training (HIIT) for the treadmill.

My Cereal is Whole Grain usually.

Cadio for me consists of Interval training on Either a Elliptical or Similar piece of equipment or 12 rounds of bag work with Muay Thai striking.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
My Cereal is Whole Grain usually.

Cadio for me consists of Interval training on Either a Elliptical or Similar piece of equipment or 12 rounds of bag work with Muay Thai striking.
Cool.

I was just saying that if you really wanna lose fat, concentrate hardcore on the diet. Do a log. Run some calculations.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
" Ice Cream, Cookies or something of the Like.

A Bagel, 2 slices of bread or some cereal between lunch and breakfast.

soups. And I don't eat a lot of potato. "

for starters.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
" Ice Cream, Cookies or something of the Like.

A Bagel, 2 slices of bread or some cereal between lunch and breakfast.

soups. And I don't eat a lot of potato. "

for starters.
Soup -- The broth contains most of the sodium... I see no problem eating the contents and leaving the broth.

A Bagel early morning is not criminal... if you are going to eat carbs the earlier in the day the better. 2 Slices of 12 grain Bread needs to be cut out... Are you ****ing crazy?

I said if I ever CRAVE CARBS it is " Ice Cream, Cookies or something of the Like." I didn't say I consumed it.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Cool.

I was just saying that if you really wanna lose fat, concentrate hardcore on the diet. Do a log. Run some calculations.
I really didn't want to have to count cals. I just figured eating healthy would negate having to do that.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I really didn't want to have to count cals. I just figured eating healthy would negate having to do that.
Yeah unfortunately you might be at that point where if you wanna take it the next level, you're gonna have to get the numbers down for your meals so that you've got it all figured out and so that when you can't plan your meals precisely, you can at least eyeball it.

It seems like you do enough physically, but your body might be getting used to that. It might be up to calorie and macronutrient manipulation now...good luck. This is where the addiction/obsession begins for some. haha

Anyway, the point of the thread was about AP. You're not the only one who didn't see much from it. It may have helped to use it before high carb meals. But who knows. One man's trash is another man's treasure...(don't take that literally USPLabs hehe).

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Yeah unfortunately you might be at that point where if you wanna take it the next level, you're gonna have to get the numbers down for your meals so that you've got it all figured out and so that when you can't plan your meals precisely, you can at least eyeball it.

It seems like you do enough physically, but your body might be getting used to that. It might be up to calorie and macronutrient manipulation now...good luck. This is where the addiction/obsession begins for some. haha

Anyway, the point of the thread was about AP. You're not the only one who didn't see much from it. It may have helped to use it before high carb meals. But who knows. One man's trash is another man's treasure...(don't take that literally USPLabs hehe).

BAH. I think I doomed myself by being so active in High School combined with my body type.

Looks like I'll be buying a notebook.

This site is amazing for Calorie info

http://www.weightlossforall.com/calories-tables-map.htm

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Check out fitday.com too!

Oh I miss the regimen of high school sports and the fact that I could eat anything up through the first couple years of college too... :(
Football Basketball and Swimming.

Then nothing from 18-22.

I'm 24 now and trying to get where I need to be. Damn video games.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Soup -- The broth contains most of the sodium... I see no problem eating the contents and leaving the broth.

A Bagel early morning is not criminal... if you are going to eat carbs the earlier in the day the better. 2 Slices of 12 grain Bread needs to be cut out... Are you ****ing crazy?

I said if I ever CRAVE CARBS it is " Ice Cream, Cookies or something of the Like." I didn't say I consumed it.
hmmm -
fat, refined starches, and simple carbs.

that's where i was comming from. . .

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
You really have to get in tune with your body. Supplements are a TOOL towards moving to your goal. I for one do not count calories ever, I just listen to my body, and try to time what i eat to when I am active. You have to learn to eat for your activity. Carbs early in the day are better is utter nonsense. What if you workout at night? Your body does not operate in 24hr intervals, it is a complex machine that is always running. Its like a car. So you want to travel a long distance, carbs are your gas. You want to move quicker and more explosive, protein and basics like bcaas and creatine are the high performance exhaust and extra horespower for your engine. Supplementation such as PHs and products such as drive, igf, etc are the NOS for your body. Basically the key is eating properly (giving your car gas), get high performance parts to make it more efficient and recover (protein/bcaas,creatine) and to really take it to the next level supplements such as the ones mentioned above.
There is no point in adding in NOS to a 4cylinder pinto that is low on gas!

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
You really have to get in tune with your body. Supplements are a TOOL towards moving to your goal. I for one do not count calories ever, I just listen to my body, and try to time what i eat to when I am active. You have to learn to eat for your activity. Carbs early in the day are better is utter nonsense. What if you workout at night? Your body does not operate in 24hr intervals, it is a complex machine that is always running. Its like a car. So you want to travel a long distance, carbs are your gas. You want to move quicker and more explosive, protein and basics like bcaas and creatine are the high performance exhaust and extra horespower for your engine. Supplementation such as PHs and products such as drive, igf, etc are the NOS for your body. Basically the key is eating properly (giving your car gas), get high performance parts to make it more efficient and recover (protein/bcaas,creatine) and to really take it to the next level supplements such as the ones mentioned above.
There is no point in adding in NOS to a 4cylinder pinto that is low on gas!
I see your point... but I'm not sure where I am missing the boat. Carbs early are better usually when you don't have an activity planned, IE an off day... because you have all day to utilize it.

Where is my Fat, Refined starches and Simple carbs coming from?

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
You have to learn to eat for your activity. Carbs early in the day are better is utter nonsense. What if you workout at night? Your body does not operate in 24hr intervals

Protein/Carbs/minimal fat around workouts. Protein/fats/less carbs when not active...also these have to be QUALITY sources of each...yeesh

I have no problem shoveling in carbs and proteins when I am doing cardio intense exercise for longs periods of time, even if its right before i go to bed (if i did a PM workout) If you retain water like a pregnant chick and carbs make you sluggish and bloated do not eat them, try more of a TKD or CKD diet. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT and once again...EAT FOR YOUR ACTIVITY!

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I see your point... but I'm not sure where I am missing the boat. Carbs early are better usually when you don't have an activity planned, IE an off day... because you have all day to utilize it.

Where is my Fat, Refined starches and Simple carbs coming from?
Do you have a Trader Joe's near you?? IF you do, instead of wasting one more dime on supps go and buy the following:
Liquid Egg Whites
Irish Oatmeal
EFA's (flax, anpb, fishoil)
buy it in bulk, of course keep your lean beefs, chicken, veggies, etc. Some whole grain bread is fine, but dont make it a habit. Cereal is a refined carb, regular baked potatos have a high GI, keep your fruit intake minimal (frcutose refills liver glycogen first and then gets stored as fat). Start off with 1-2 cheat days a week, where you eat the things that you enjoy so that you do not crave them at other times. Some basic supps to use:
Protein Powder
BCAAs
Creatine Monohydrate.
People continue giving you useful info but you refuse to stray from your elementary diet. You are using a kitchen sink approach to your diet. A bowl of cereal is not a quality carb and protein source.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a Trader Joe's near you?? IF you do, instead of wasting one more dime on supps go and buy the following:
Liquid Egg Whites
Irish Oatmeal
EFA's (flax, anpb, fishoil)
buy it in bulk, of course keep your lean beefs, chicken, veggies, etc. Some whole grain bread is fine, but dont make it a habit. Cereal is a refined carb, regular baked potatos have a high GI, keep your fruit intake minimal (frcutose refills liver glycogen first and then gets stored as fat). Start off with 1-2 cheat days a week, where you eat the things that you enjoy so that you do not crave them at other times. Some basic supps to use:
Protein Powder
BCAAs
Creatine Monohydrate.
People continue giving you useful info but you refuse to stray from your elementary diet. You are using a kitchen sink approach to your diet. A bowl of cereal is not a quality carb and protein source.
I try to not make my diet boring.

I can't eat the EXACT same stuff day in and day out.

Creatine makes me cramp... doesnt matter how much water or potassium I take in.

Ordering BCAA tomorrow from NutraPlanet.

Have Carb Free Isopure that I mix with Lactaid.

Cytolean and 11-OXO along with a Multi Vit.

TheMouth

TheMouth

Awards
  • Established
Ohhh and PS -- I have been doing this diet SANS working out until this week since Aug 14th.

Start heavy again tomorrow.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I try to not make my diet boring.

I can't eat the EXACT same stuff day in and day out.

Creatine makes me cramp... doesnt matter how much water or potassium I take in.

Ordering BCAA tomorrow from NutraPlanet.

Have Carb Free Isopure that I mix with Lactaid.

Cytolean and 11-OXO along with a Multi Vit.
so then keep your diet "interesting" and your results shall be "very ordinary" ie the same as 90% of the gym going public who look the same day in and day out, remember diet means nothing at all its all about THE PUMP! :think: