Ephenra

NJeagle69

Awards
Is it safe to take ephedra?

ive searched and found nothing..so idk any help would be great.

Last edited:
opfor101

opfor101

Banned
Awards
should be, there are no real known interactions between the two.

just watch out for the accutane, i heard it has one helluva harsh side effect.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
should be, there are no real known interactions between the two.

just watch out for the accutane, i heard it has one helluva harsh side effect.
which side effect would that be?

I know the overall, suicide,harsh on the liver, dry skin part. I think I may need accutane in the future. My acne is pretty bad. It flares up from time to time and I look like I had just broken out with hives.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
So your taking a crazy a** fat burning compond and a potent acne treatment..maybe not the best..

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
So your taking a crazy a** fat burning compond and a potent acne treatment..maybe not the best..
why not though? Dont they act on different systems?
I was also contemplating accutane but the sides are as harsh as some anabolics...i may pass for now.

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
I am taking ephedra and have a Rx for Accutane starting this week....

I asked my doctor today if there were any contraindications for it, and he said only Vitamin A, dont take lots of vitamin A. He said my multivit was ok but dont take more than that.

Last edited:
Medic

Medic

Awards
I am on accutane.... 1 month in no sides at all.... some slight dry skin with shaving and slight chapped lips buts its the middle of winter...

Doc said everything is fine, just dont take Vitamin A with it (said MULTI was OK) .... I cut down from taking 3 mutlis a day (opti men recommended dose) to 1 multi a day.

Also, I had a cold and called the pharmacist who also confirmed that everything is OK to take just dont take anti-biotics without talking to a doctor first, and dont take anything that will increase skin sensativity to the sun.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know the vit A amount? I have MegaMan by GNC(i know but its a good multi) Also, if youre taking shakes sometimes those have vitamins in them, more so the gainers. I take CytoGainer sometimes.
So i was curious as the amount of vit A that pushes it? I have a derm. appointment on the 28th, i hope he lets me use it. Is there any reason he wouldnt? I have tried alot of other things already.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I was on accutane when I was much younger. It worked completely, and the only side effect was excessive dryness at the corners of my mouth and nostrils. I just had to apply good moisturizer to those spots a few times a day.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I was told just to avoid multi-vits altogether as not all of them have the same amount of vit A. I think the rule of thumb is don't use it with Accutane IF it's liver/kidney toxic, contains excess vitamin-a and/or dehydrates the body.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
omg you must be the most ignorant person alive.

they work under different pathways and do completely different things.

problems with accutane
-hepatoxicity
-vitamin A overdose
-dry, cracking skin/dehydration
problems with ephedra
-increased heart rate
-jitteriness
-slight dehydrating/diuretic effects

As you can see they only share 1 effect. The ephedra doesn't even have diuretic properties that are that bad. Go put some vagisil on.

Medic

Medic

Awards
Does anyone know the vit A amount? I have MegaMan by GNC(i know but its a good multi) Also, if youre taking shakes sometimes those have vitamins in them, more so the gainers. I take CytoGainer sometimes.
So i was curious as the amount of vit A that pushes it? I have a derm. appointment on the 28th, i hope he lets me use it. Is there any reason he wouldnt? I have tried alot of other things already.
Well for example taking me opti men vitamins give me a 200% daily value for vit.A ..... So when I start to cut I will only be taking 1. At the same time, I will be following a very strict diet and will know whats going in me. Just look at the back of the bottle and see how much vit.A it has in it ... & then try to avoid those products.

twitch, It really depends on your doctor. I went to one place and they straight up said "we have 2-3 people here taking it, but its for SEVERE ACNE ONLY ... sorry, we cant prescribe to you" then I got really angry and walked out. Since getting a refferal is a pain the ASS I decided that the next doctor I was going to call I was going to ask how lenient the doctor was on giving it out. I basically got 2 answers

#1, strict doctors dont want to deal with possible dangerous sides and just dont give it out unless its REALLY BAD.

#2, Other doctors have different opinions on it.

When I called up they said the doctor has "a good amount of patients on it" so i made the next appointment asap.

When I walked into the doctors office we spoke for a few minutes, and then he looked at my back (I rarely get facial acne, and sometimes get chest, bust mostly my back was the problem) - thats probably why it was hard for me to get ...

I told the doctor: "Ive tried everything from the time i've been 14, 2 anti-biotics, creams, anti-bacterial soaps and pads, sylicic acid and everything else people have been recommending to me. I find that since the time i've been 15, i've avoided social activities that require me to take my shirt off which is rediculious since i'm in my 20's now and i'm in the gym 4-5 days a week bodybuilding... I mean, I cant even take a day trip down to my beach house with a group of girls I know because I'm embarrassed to take my shirt off."

^^ Now when you say something like that, and he sees that acne is affecting you socially that also means its affecting you mentally (because it literally is, I looked at my back everyday for years after getting out of the shower). Most docs will cave in if you have a strong reason for it to not be there anymore.

Just because one doc doesn't give it to you, dont give up all hope. The second doc was more than OK with giving me the script.

good luck

thescorp75

thescorp75

Awards
4 years ago...I had this treatment under close supervision with my dermatologist. Had blood work every month...

My only two adverse effect that I got was dry lips and my cholesterol and triglycerides were elevated a bit. But returned to normal after my treatment.

This stuff work so well!

I took a ECA stack while on this treatment. Never had any problems!

But!! I'm not saying it's good to mix or safe!

thescorp