Best Products combination for a long-time lifter, but supplement novice

BLOODandIRON

Awards
Dear all,

I'm 24, 6'0, 180. I've been lifting for about 4 years with relative intensity, have seen some strong gains over time. I eat around 2500 calories a day at the moment, but don't think I'd have much problem upping that. Unfortunatly, lately, I've hit a plateau that I can't seem to shake. I have never taken any supplements- not even creatine, NO2 or anything amateur like that. I'm looking to get something going to make some gains and break through the frustrating stagnation I'm experience. What products (or "cycles" of products) would you recommend I use?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just look through the supps section here and you will see what the hottest supps currently are. Also check out nutraplanet.com and it list the best sellers. If your looking for best muscle gains I'd say look into the anabolic extreme stack, designer supplements activate extreme, jungle warfare by alri to name a few. If you want to save money you can make your own supps by buying bulk from nutraplanet. Like a creatine, beta-alanine, citruline malate is a nice stack.

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Dear all,

I'm 24, 6'0, 180. I've been lifting for about 4 years with relative intensity, have seen some strong gains over time. I eat around 2500 calories a day at the moment, but don't think I'd have much problem upping that. Unfortunatly, lately, I've hit a plateau that I can't seem to shake. I have never taken any supplements- not even creatine, NO2 or anything amateur like that. I'm looking to get something going to make some gains and break through the frustrating stagnation I'm experience. What products (or "cycles" of products) would you recommend I use?
In today's supplement world, there's a million answers to your question. So what we will have to do is break it down a bit further, to find the supplement that will suit YOU as the individual.

Couple ambiguous lines in your post; let's try to clear that up.
Your in a plateau... now is that in regards to strength training, or is that in reference to bodybuilding, as in a look you are going for?
Next... you mention creatine and NO2 as "amateur" supplements. Not sure what you are implying here, but I'm going to go and assume that you're looking for something above and beyond? Something stronger, moreso even towards a PH/DS cycle. We wouldn't be good members here if we advised you to jump that route just yet - creatine will, without a doubt, put on some serious power to your lifts. If you have never used creatine before, the immediate strength increase is comparable to a short cycle of steroids (use M1T for example). It's really that powerful to a newcomer.

However, I'm not pushing creatine, at least not yet. Give us some more details about yourself, your goals. Break it down for what you want to accomplish... ie you want to add strength to your bench press/squat, or you possibly want to gain some strength but want to get a recomposition going as well. With all these supplements out today, there is nearly a pill for every goal (good, and bad, in a way).

Now, if you are going for strength (assuming this), my vote would be to actually hit up the creatine and stack it with USPLabs Anabolic Pump. Anabolic Pump (AP) is taken before carbohydrate heavy meals, and force feeds those CHO into the muscle cells through some fancy tricks. It will allow you to increase your strength output in the gym, and allows you to up the calories without worry of slabbing on fat outside of the gym. This is without mentioning the increase it will bring to creatine supplementation. Search Anabolic Pump and you'll find lots of info - it's been around for some time now, and has a great reputation. A non-hormonal supplement, and you don't technically have to cycle it (wallet may hint otherwise).

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
I would think Cloute/Body Octane would produce some serious plateau busting power.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I would think Cloute/Body Octane would produce some serious plateau busting power.
thats among the best ergogenic stacks available.

If you are looking into test boosters or AIs go with DTH, T-Force, or Hyperdrol/Jungle Warfare.

If looking for ergogenic (performance enhancing) supps I highly recommend the MAN stack of Clout/BO, Green Mag, or the new version of Nos Ether.

BLOODandIRON

Awards
First, I want to thank you all for your advice. As the saying goes, the first step on a long trek is certainly the most difficult and perilous step one takes. I concede a kind of ignorance about the subject, as I have avoided supplements thus far. As such, I guess I'd like some advice about how to use pro-hormone (I think thats the right way of putting it- testosterone enhancing is what I mean to say) supplements in a properly calibrated cycle to minimize the negative side-effects.

So, what kind of combination would I use? And should I take any liver-support stuff- like milk thistle, etc- along with it? I do currently take a vitamin/anti-oxidant regimine of just the modest health-enhancing variety.

As to my goals, I am definitely looking to get a little bigger. However, I think my predominant goal is to, after adding a few more lbs, get a more cut look.

Thanks again, I know this is probably like explaining the alphabet to a kindergartner for you guys!

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking that Clout/Body Octane + T-force would make a pretty nice stack...

Also igf-2 + drive + rpm + xfactor...

DCP + Lean Xtreme 2

Powerful + AP + Pslin

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking that Clout/Body Octane + T-force would make a pretty nice stack...

Also igf-2 + drive + rpm + xfactor...

DCP + Lean Xtreme 2

Powerful + AP + Pslin
of the proposed stacks above the first looks the best.

No need for a dcp/lx2 stack unless your trying to lose weight/fat

adding Xfactor to a bulking or cutting stack has always been AWESOME for me.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
of the proposed stacks above the first looks the best.

No need for a dcp/lx2 stack unless your trying to lose weight/fat

adding Xfactor to a bulking or cutting stack has always been AWESOME for me.
True, I kinda fall into ranting sometimes (duh?) lol