Lets say you have 100.00 to spend

bobjones601

Awards
Lets say you have 100.00 to spend.
right now you have:Multi vitamin, Biotin,Digestive Enzymes,Niacin,Saw Palmetto,Fish Oil, Calcium,Vitamin C, Folic Acid,CoQ10,Tyrosine,Vitamin E,and Carnitine in your cabinet

what "essentials" would you buy?
i do eat a lot of protein. i a mean 24 ounces of Beef every other day, Dozen eggs type of lot.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
by "essentials" do you mean supps or anything? Cause if it's anything nearly all of it would be towards food..

If you mean supps then I would go with some whey, some creatine, and a pre-workout supp (possibly combine the last two) and then go spend the rest on food.. ha its all you need bayba! :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
some creatine, whey isolate and waxy maize starch for postworkout, maybe something for preworkout like white flood or noxplode...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
creatine mono, beta alanine, and bcaas, all bulk from NP

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
I'll be the first one in this thread. We all love this answer:

Chicken :thumbsup:

Crea mono, and protein powder when you can't seem to eat other protein sources. How long is the 100 supposed to last? 3 months?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, get some 100% Liquid Egg Whites, sounds gross, but you can drink it like water and it has no taste at all! i put it in everything now to add protein to whatever I am having. Great source of protein, pretty cheap too. Trader Joes has them for $1.99 a pop!

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
some creatine, whey isolate and waxy maize starch for postworkout, maybe something for preworkout like white flood or noxplode...
I just dont understand why some think that WMS is better for PWO carbs. Proven research and BOBO alike have said many times, that it doesnt matter the GI in terms of PWO nutrition for carbs. I have simply used 2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup of oats or couple of rice cakes or bananas, and have felt better then when i was sucked into the whole dextrose PWO thing. Im not buying it. Dont get me wrong, it could and probably does work, but im not going to put all that sugar in my body. (especially in terms of malto and dextro)

thanks
msucurt

Colin

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bulk beta alanine from NP
Bulk Sesamin from NP (pn sale for $12,sweet)
SyntheSIZE

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Whey blend
Creatine/beta alanine
Others - multi, green tea, calcium, fish oil

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I just dont understand why some think that WMS is better for PWO carbs. Proven research and BOBO alike have said many times, that it doesnt matter the GI in terms of PWO nutrition for carbs. I have simply used 2 scoops whey, 1/2 cup of oats or couple of rice cakes or bananas, and have felt better then when i was sucked into the whole dextrose PWO thing. Im not buying it. Dont get me wrong, it could and probably does work, but im not going to put all that sugar in my body. (especially in terms of malto and dextro)

thanks
msucurt
Just started using dex again since I found some at home. As you said if it doesn't matter re high or low gi carbs, I guess you can do whatever you prefer or find convenient. I like to get some dex in first, take a shower, and then eat the rest of my post-workout meal after. I don't like showering with a full stomach, and I also don't really like to wait to shower when I'm dirty :/

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Bulk Creatine Mono And Beta Alanine
As much oats and chicken breast as you can get your mits on.

The Batman

The Batman

Awards
I would take advantage the of Xtend deal they have on nutraplanet right now and get a kilo of creatine monohydrate.
That will last a long time and give you very noticable benefits.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
If you already have all your meals under control then I would buy pre and post workout supplements, otherwise I would buy things that save time with food preparation and allow food to be cooked/prepared in a healthy way.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Man, get some 100% Liquid Egg Whites, sounds gross, but you can drink it like water and it has no taste at all! i put it in everything now to add protein to whatever I am having. Great source of protein, pretty cheap too. Trader Joes has them for $1.99 a pop!
You know you have to cook it in order to absorb it all right? otherwise you just get like 60% of it.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
You know you have to cook it in order to absorb it all right? otherwise you just get like 60% of it.
Not if they have been pasteurized.