Saw Palmetto

bobjones601

Awards
ok this is what i've read:
Firstly it lowers levels of DHT in the body by Blocking 5 alpha-reductase. Secondly Saw Palmetto block receptor sites on cell membranes required for cells to absorb DHT. Studies have been performed on the use of Saw palmetto in the treatment of benign prostatic disease which similar to Androgenetic Alopecia also depends on the production of dihydrotestosterone(DHT). All of the studies that have been performed to date show that Saw palmetto is an effective anti-androgen and has shown conclusively to be effective in the treatment of benign prostate disease.

if this statement is true this means that it could stop my DHT preduction and this my hair falling out.
Does anyone know if this is true and how much needs to be taken to see the stoppage of hair loss due to DHT.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Firstly it lowers levels of DHT in the body by Blocking 5 alpha-reductase. Secondly Saw Palmetto block receptor sites on cell membranes required for cells to absorb DHT. Studies have been performed on the use of Saw palmetto in the treatment of benign prostatic disease which similar to Androgenetic Alopecia also depends on the production of dihydrotestosterone(DHT). All of the studies that have been performed to date show that Saw palmetto is an effective anti-androgen and has shown conclusively to be effective in the treatment of benign prostate disease.

if this statement is true this means that it could stop my DHT preduction and this my hair falling out.
Does anyone know if this is true and how much needs to be taken to see the stoppage of hair loss due to DHT.
I'd say a starting point would be 300mg/day. Many users use it for these very reasons. Thats why its in cycle support. However, it is far inferior to propecia.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I once made blood tests to dht with and without saw palmeto ,guess what, no changes whatsoever...

bobjones601

Awards
so then does that make Saw Palmetto a waste of money?
has anyone seen any benefit from it? if so at what dosage?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Firstly it lowers levels of DHT in the body by Blocking 5 alpha-reductase. Secondly Saw Palmetto block receptor sites on cell membranes required for cells to absorb DHT. QUOTE]

the second statement can be true but the first one I`m sure it is not , saw palmetto don't do miracles regarding hair loss , if you want results take finasteride or dutasteride .