The MOST underrated supplement

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Digestive Enzymes! EVERYONE should be using these, pick up Super Enzymes by NOW from NP, it doesn't matter how much food you eat it's what you ABSORB, so make sure your absorbing all your protein, carbs and efa's by using a digestive enzyme blend. Now's blend is second to none, it also help betaine in it to help increase stomach acid, which most are low on, this will further help to breakdown your food. Since taking these steady for 2 months now i don't get bloated or gasy, and i just FEEL better after meals, like i'm digesting things better. I first read the importance of these in articles by Charles Poliquin and it totally makes sence that it only matters what you absorb. Seriously guys buy some of these and they are SUPER cheap, like $10 on nutraplanet and thank me later :dance:.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea man im usin that exact product...some good stuff

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Oh.... I thought you were gonna say Neovar ;)

I will DEFINITELY look into these enzymes for my next order... of course now that you posted this it'll probably be on backorder!

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
digestive enzymes, as well as probiotics are definite staples of mine, they are just as important as a multi and protein powder for the BBer

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm actually pretty blessed in this department. I can knock back 200+ grams of carbs in one sitting and feel fine, and be hungry again in two hours. I also don't take whey or multis though :)

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Speaking of enzymes being used to utilize your meals better, have you guys seen the ingredients in SyntheSIZE? It's got Betaine HCl AND Aminogen for just that purpose.

Anabolic Primer 1.5 grams
Magnesium citrate, calcium lactate, n-acetyl-cysteine, AMINOGEN® a Registered Trademark of Triarco Industries

Osmo-anabolic Matrix 3.7 grams
Creatine ethyl-ester, creatine monohydrate, betaine hydrochloride

Anabolic Amplification 3 grams
IP6, L-leucine, inositol, zinc gluconate
If that's not a complete, cell volumizing, meal optimizing creatine formula, then I don't know what is. :D

</pimp>

moveweight

moveweight

Banned
Awards
good info. i have never used enzymes or probiotics. im gonna have to look into this

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I currently use one but from the looks of NOW's the one I currently use is 10x better. Not that NOW"s is bad but just I find mind a lot better.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I currently use one but from the looks of NOW's the one I currently use is 10x better. Not that NOW"s is bad but just I find mind a lot better.
OK, I'll bite...
What product do you use, dj?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The one I use uses five different plant-based enzymes to optimize digestion of all the foods you eat dairy products, gas-causing vegetables, proteins, starchy carbohydrates, and fats. Looking at nows product its not too specific at what it will help digest.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reading the pamplet i got with it and it says this.
• Includes targeted enzymes to help digest common
“problem” foods such as dairy and gas-producing
vegetables, including beans and broccoli*
• Supports complete digestion of the fat, protein, and
carbohydrates in all foods, with a concentrated,
multi-enzyme formula that addresses all food groups*

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Shameless brag:
I recently checked out my Vitamin Shoppe's nearly expired table. I found a large, white bottle with a $0.50 sticker on top. Examining it I found it to be American Biologics "Inf-Zyme Forte," 500ct. "For fifty cents...sure," I said.
As I'm checking out the girl says, "Oh wow, you saved $95." Removing the fifty cent sticker showed me the original price of $95.99.

I don't know what's crazier, my deal, or the fact that someone ever paid that much for 500 digestive enzyme pills. That being said, digestive enzymes are pretty nice.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
hilarious plugs by my fellow reps..haha

Gut Health is by far the best product in this department ive ever used.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
Now's digestive enzymes and Florastor (OTC Probiotic) have been staples of mine for a little while now. Gotta have em...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OK, I'll bite...
What product do you use, dj?
Since nutra does not sell it I can't and won't advertize or spam with a link what ever you want to call it on the board. Sorry.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Since nutra does not sell it I can't and won't advertize or spam with a link what ever you want to call it on the board. Sorry.
Copy the label's ingredients or shoot me a pm, if it doesn't have betaine in it, it's not going to be as effective, and Now's does contain everything you need to digest protein carbs and fats, minus lactase which would help digest milk sugar (lactose)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I just take miracle greens, it seems to keep the gas down and provides other benefits. If I were to invest in a probiotic only product, I'd have to give my money to gut health.

that is excessive, if you are going to be so anal please don't bother bringing up your "superior" product.

Just a name and ingredients is good enough, there are no rules against that.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I use digestive enzymes quite a bit as well as all my protein comes from whole food, since I don't use shakes at all (lactose intolerant).

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I started using enzymes and probiotics about 6 weeks ago and have stop using Aciphex for acid reflux and bloating, which kicks ass, I hate prescribed meds if there is a natural option. I received Gut Health today and will use this in place of the other two and see how they compare.........

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
Lactobacillus Casei doesn't do anything for me, unfortunately. Saccharomyces boulardii on the other hand works wonders.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
I just bought this one, waiting on delivery. $22.00, but it's also supposed to be a doms formula.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30

Amount Per
Serving % Daily
Value*

Protease (500,000 HUT/g) 867 mg **

Trypsin (1:150 min 150 USP/mg) 20 mg **

Bromelain (3300 GDU/g) 45 mg **

Lysozyme Chloride (22,800 U/mg) 27 mg **

Chymotrypsin (1000 U/mg) 5 mg **

Papain (50,000 USP/mg) 133 mg **

Amylase (100,000 SKB/mg) 27 mg **

Lipase (50,000 FIP/g) 27 mg **

Beta-Sitosterol (60/100 min) 20 mg **

Beta-Sitosterol Glucoside 1200 mcg **

Piper Nigrum (95% Piperine) 5 mg **

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.

Ingredients: Silica, Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate.

I always liked GNC's sport's enzyme formula just because I could ususally find it on the clearence rack, but they've discountined it. I recently found one in a mall store with an expiration date of 9/07 which was just fine with me, but they wouldn't sell it to me after I brought it to their attention. I wish more teenagers knew if they just got a good multivitamin, digestive enzyme, probiotic and ate like a four hundred pound gorilla and trained their balls off how much they could grow without any hormones,n02, or even protein supplements.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually pretty blessed in this department. I can knock back 200+ grams of carbs in one sitting and feel fine, and be hungry again in two hours. I also don't take whey or multis though :)
Me too man, I have the digestive system of a horse.

But I do agree with the topicstarter, it's all about absorption.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
Anybody can binge on carbs, champ. That's how this country got so fat.

Now try it with real food, F+P only and see how you feel.

I strongly agree regarding the importance of digestive supps. The most effective I've used has to be Apple Cider Vinegar (liquid and tablets), followed by NOW Super Enzymes.
1 tbsp. of ACV downed after a meal will make you digest anything, even rotten meat (if you were so inclined). This has been tested in the past.

bj22

Awards
When is the appropriate time to take digestive enzymes, before, during or after meals?

Also, with something like ACV, I always heard to take a drink with it in it prior to meals to aid digestion by increasing stomach acid. Why is it better to take after?