NOW Brand Whey Isolate

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I noticed this stuff is an excellent price, then I read the nutrition label and saw that it had 5g of sugar for every 2 scoops. Sounds kind of high. What does everyone else think about this? It looks like they sweetened it with fructose.

Whey Protein Isolate By: NOW Foods

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Fructose is a 40 on the glycemic scale and I wouldnt worry about it because it doesnt cause much of an insulin spike. If you are using it post-workout the insulin spike would be useful.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I did notice it has a high caloric profile though. True isolate should be around 200 calories for 50 grams of protein.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
It is higher than alot of protiens in Carbs, but it's still not a huge amount (unless you're on an ultra low carb diet). It's all natural if I'm not mistaken aswell. Good product.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
That's 5 grams of sugar for 2 scoops. The serving size should be one scoop, and if it was, then it would be 2.5 grams of sugar, which is only 1 gram more per serving than ON Whey.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that's quite comparable to most whey blends

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
NOW is a great quality brand

gmp complient too!

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have personally used Now isolate many times with good results.At the price and the quality you can't beat it IMO.But if you are worried about the sugar/carbs try just taking it post workout.It's really not enough to make much of a difference unless your on a hardcore cut anyways.Good stuff imo

Last edited:
nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
How's the taste on this stuff compared to ON and other common brands?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
If you are worried about carbs in your isolate buy the flavorless brand by NOW. Thats what I use because it has only 1g of sugar per 25g of protein. And I'm sure you've already guessed that it tastes like ASS but just throw an equal in there w/ some cinammon and your good to go. It actually can taste alright w/ an equal, some cinammon, and a few tablespoons of heavy whipping cream or EVOO.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The chocolate Isolate is the only flavor I have Tried. And it really tastes as good or better than ON, and comparable to the rest. It all tastes about the same to me.(But I don't drink it for the taste)

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
The chocolate Isolate is the only flavor I have Tried. And it really tastes as good or better than ON, and comparable to the rest. It all tastes about the same to me.(But I don't drink it for the taste)
Taste isn't my primary issue, but it matters if I'm going to consider switching from something that I already know is solid and tastes good. Right now I'm using Ipro, which I like a lot.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm, I have never used Ipro,so I can't comment on that. But maybe pick some up and try it out before you switch from some thing that's already working for ya.
If your looking for a good tasting isolate I would probably go with Isopure,or syntrax nectar just because of the flavour selection. And all the ones I've tried have been good!!

Vtaper

Awards
Now isolate is the only protein ive used for the last 3 years,
I always buy unflavored. Great product, one the few pure isolates on the market and priced right. Remember; protein blends usually have an inferior amino profile.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I think I may pick up another batch of ATW. I'm not really in need of any protein immediately, but I just got an email about a big sale. I enjoyed their blend version of cinnamon bun flavor, so I'm sure their isolate version will taste the same.