L-Carnitine dosage

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I am sure its been covered somewhere but it slips my mind right now. The benefits are to great to pass up and I have been a fool not to supplement it before. Also it aides in sperm quaity production.

With that said what is a good supplement stack for sperm quailty production?

L-carnitine
Trib
Flaxseed Oil
Avena Sativa

I have read these will help. Anything else to add??

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sure its been covered somewhere but it slips my mind right now. The benefits are to great to pass up and I have been a fool not to supplement it before. Also it aides in sperm quaity production.

With that said what is a good supplement stack for sperm quailty production?

L-carnitine
Trib
Flaxseed Oil
Avena Sativa

I have read these will help. Anything else to add??
1) Zinc. Absolutely essential mineral for sperm metabolism. Involved in every facet of male reproduction, from sperm formation to sperm motility, and testosterone metabolism.
2) Selenium. Like zinc, important for sperm motility.
3) Arginine. A biochemical precursor for putrescine, spermidine and spermine, molecules important in the maintenance of sperm motility.
4) Folic Acid. Low levels are associated with low sperm count and low sperm motility.
5) Vitamin C. Maintains sperm health by protecting sperm DNA from free-radical assault and damage. Vitamin E offers similar protection.
6) L-Carnitine/Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Sperm's energy production and motility. 1-2g three times per day.
7) CoQ10. Important for sperm's energy production and protection from free-radical damage.
8) Avoid cigarettes, tobacco products, and (excessive) alcohol. Excessive alcohol impairs fertility via reduction in testosterone production and inhibition of sperm production and sperm function. Cigarette can severely impair fertility. Excessive smoking can even trigger testicular atrophy, impaired semen volume, and reduced sperm production. Furthermore, cigarette smoke produces byproducts that can expose one to increased free-radical attack, leading to damaged sperm.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
1) Zinc. Absolutely essential mineral for sperm metabolism. Involved in every facet of male reproduction, from sperm formation to sperm motility, and testosterone metabolism.
2) Selenium. Like zinc, important for sperm motility.
3) Arginine. A biochemical precursor for putrescine, spermidine and spermine, molecules important in the maintenance of sperm motility.
4) Folic Acid. Low levels are associated with low sperm count and low sperm motility.
5) Vitamin C. Maintains sperm health by protecting sperm DNA from free-radical assault and damage. Vitamin E offers similar protection.
6) L-Carnitine/Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Sperm's energy production and motility. 1-2g three times per day.
7) CoQ10. Important for sperm's energy production and protection from free-radical damage.
8) Avoid cigarettes, tobacco products, and (excessive) alcohol. Excessive alcohol impairs fertility via reduction in testosterone production and inhibition of sperm production and sperm function. Cigarette can severely impair fertility. Excessive smoking can even trigger testicular atrophy, impaired semen volume, and reduced sperm production. Furthermore, cigarette smoke produces byproducts that can expose one to increased free-radical attack, leading to damaged sperm.
How in the hell could I forgot about zinc.

Great post as always SC!! Thanks.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR is already cheap enough for me, and I prefer taking smaller doses as opposed to massive doses to get the same effect.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't mind me. I'm just pissy because I don't want to study for finals.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't estrogen play an important role in sperm production?? I remember reading that somewhere thats why mention Flaxseed oil. Also hoping maybe the Trans-Revs in sustain or PCS would help out. Trans-revs helped the rats lol.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't say better, but better absorbed. They both enter the bloodstream as the same thing (L-Carnitine).
You sure about that, Chief?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You sure about that, Chief?
Unless I'm reading this wrong, the ether gets stripped.

Pharmacologically speaking, there is little difference between supplementing with L-carnitine and supplementing with ALCAR. This is because ALCAR is deacetylated during or immediately after intestinal cell uptake, and then a certain amount of free carnitine is later reacetylated (1, 2). Similarly, it has been shown that supplementation with both L-carnitine and ALCAR increase tissue levels of both substances, and that the intestine creates significant amounts of ALCAR from carnitine (2, 3).

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I would certainly opt for ALCAR, there are newer more expensive forms too such as PLCAR, but I think alcar is actually the best absorbed and is reasonably priced.

Omega Power Jolt is a great alcar based product.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would certainly opt for ALCAR, there are newer more expensive forms too such as PLCAR, but I think alcar is actually the best absorbed and is reasonably priced.

Omega Power Jolt is a great alcar based product.
Bioavailability aside, the particular advanced carnitine form you choose depends on what you want to achieve.

As you know, acetyl-l-carnitine easily crosses the blood-brain barrier to check oxidative stress and enhance energy production in brain and central nervous system tissues, facilitates the transport of fatty acids into the cell's mitochondria (for energy production), and promotes healthy brain function by triggering the release of the neurotransmitters acetylcholine and dopamine, that play crucial roles in neurological and cognitive health and functioning.

Acetyl-l-carnitine arginate, another advanced carnitine form, has an arginine molecule added to acetyl-l-carnitine. This arginate form enhances the effects of acetyl-l-carnitine via the stimulation of the growth of neurites that govern communication among brain nerve cells.

Propionyl-l-carnitine has a special affinity for heart, endothelial, and muscle cells. It quickly penetrates these tissues and delivers benefits ranging from the protection of heart muscles to neutralizing fatigue via elevation of muscle glycogen stores.

If my wallet had the required flexibility, I would prefer to combine all carnitine forms :thumbsup:

Last edited:
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strategic, how old are you? What do you do for a living? Genetic Engineering?????

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strategic, how old are you? What do you do for a living? Genetic Engineering?????
I am (26 + x) years old, where 17 < x > 10. I am a Controller with responsibility for Financial and Strategic Risk Management :thumbsup:

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Strategic thx for the info on PLCAR being especially good for heart health, didn't know that before.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established