Female sex drive-- does vitex or DIM suppress it?

de49152

Awards
My wife wanted me to ask about this. She's been on TRT for awhile now, and her test levels are actually now ABOVE normal, however her libido is still average and she's wondering why is isn't high.

She also takes Vitex, DIM, and evening primrose for ovulation/menstrual support. Could any of those be suppressing libido? I read about Vitex (chasteberry), but no actual proof that it lowers sex drive. Any other suggestions for supps (or tests) that might help?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Test her SHGB levels as these might be high..pretty common in women especially those who have used oral birth control. DHEA-S and Progesterone should be monitored as well.

de49152

Awards
Test her SHGB levels as these might be high..pretty common in women especially those who have used oral birth control. DHEA-S and Progesterone should be monitored as well.
She's been off the pill for 2 yrs now, because of low libido. SHBG was mid-range last time tested. Progesterone and DHEA are low-normal. She took DHEA 25mg for a few weeks and did get a sexual boost, but unfortunately broke out with back acne :(

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
25mg is a pretty steep dose for most young women. Try starting her at 5 mg and going from there.

I know there is TONS of conflicting dosage info on DHEA and women but this is what our naturopath started her on and it worked well with no sides.