One Good Supplement?

hendrix91870

hendrix91870

Awards
There are so many different kinds of supplements that promise to do everything i want, i am confused as what to get. I have been working out for 4 years now, on and off, and just being using protein and creatine. I was looking for some help on ONE thing i could add to give me that edge and help me get to the next level of working out. If someone could recommend one really good muscle enhancer, that would be great.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are so many different kinds of supplements that promise to do everything i want, i am confused as what to get. I have been working out for 4 years now, on and off, and just being using protein and creatine. I was looking for some help on ONE thing i could add to give me that edge and help me get to the next level of working out. If someone could recommend one really good muscle enhancer, that would be great.
One thing?

Get some Bulk Beta Alanine.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline.

This has been one of the best supplements I've ever used (and actually works). Take 10g each day (5g wake up, 5g pre-workout).

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I would have to restrict myself to just one supplement, it would be Citrulline Malate.

My 900th post, by the way :D

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
One thing or one product?

If it's one product I would suggest Anabolic Halo, it has every ingredient you could think of, just make sure you dose it high enough for it to be active. :)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One thing?

Get some Bulk Beta Alanine.
Really, really agree with you on this one- it has become one of my favorites- it helps me a ton in the weight room and track!!

We may be coming out with a beta al. product in 08' (hint, hint) with some interesting twists!

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
You boys that dose citrulline, what do you notice it does for you?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One thing or one product?

If it's one product I would suggest Anabolic Halo, it has every ingredient you could think of, just make sure you dose it high enough for it to be active. :)
Seriously- half the raw materials suppliers that we use don't have a list that long :)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
10g of citrulline. Minimum 8g, but I prefer 10g.

5g when I wake up

5g 1 hr pre-workout.

I haven't used Beta-Alanine long enough to give an opinion on it, so that will have to wait.

I don't even phuck with AAKG anymore. I find AAKG to be a waste vs. Citrulline.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Seriously- half the raw materials suppliers that we use don't have a list that long :)
Hmmm it looks like you are using the wrong suppliers.:aargh:

reaper apart from pumps what does citru give you?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm it looks like you are using the wrong suppliers.:aargh:

reaper apart from pumps what does citru give you?

Citrulline malate has been shown to increase aerobic ATP production in the muscle. The result is a marked decrease in fatigue and a substantial increase in aerobic exercise performance. Citrulline malate does this in part by stimulating the removal and utilization for energy of the lactic acid formed during anaerobic glycolysis.

Citrulline malate works synergistically with creatine in another way as well. After exercise your creatine phosphate levels are depleted and it takes a while for the free creatine in your muscles to be rephosphorylated. With citrulline malate, the rate of phosphocreatine recovery after exercise is increased. This means that you recover more quickly between weight training sessions giving yourself a better opportunity to grow faster.

Citrulline Malate and Ammonia
Ammonia is a toxic metabolic by product produced by your muscles, especially during intense exercise. Ammonia is removed from the body by the liver’s urea cycle. Ammonia is very toxic to the body and muscles; the build up of ammonia in the body results in a rapid onset of fatigue. If the levels are not reduced, they can lead to muscle catabolism and interference with brain function.

Citrulline malate stimulates the urea cycle and therefore markedly increases the body’s ability to remove ammonia. Ammonia is thus converted to the harmless by-product urea, and excreted from the body.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
BA and CM are both winners IMO although if forced to choose only one supp, I might have to go with Drive.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
I was trying to get at what citrulline malate does for you subjectively, like what changed after starting using it?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I was trying to get at what citrulline malate does for you subjectively, like what changed after starting using it?
From my own personal experience, my pumps have been decent (not skin ripping mind-blowing pumps), but they have been good while on citrulline. The main reason why I take it, is I notice is that my muscles don't get exhausted as easily if I don't take it, so this allows me to train longer/little more intense.

I don't really take citrulline for the pumps/nitric oxide. Just for the delay in muscular fatigue.

hendrix91870

hendrix91870

Awards
i think ill go with Beta alanine and citrulline, since those seem to be the two best everyones been talking about..even tho i said one, o well

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
i think ill go with Beta alanine and citrulline, since those seem to be the two best everyones been talking about..even tho i said one, o well
I don't mean to pour on and say to buy MORE supplements, but do consider BCAA's. BA and Citrulline Malate are outstanding supplements (and I definitly use, and feel their effects). Scivation's Xtend contains Citrulline Malate, and if you were to throw in a some BA into the drink, you would have yourself a killer pre-workout endurance drink... watermelon FTW baby, months in and still can't get sick of it!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't mean to pour on and say to buy MORE supplements, but do consider BCAA's. BA and Citrulline Malate are outstanding supplements (and I definitly use, and feel their effects). Scivation's Xtend contains Citrulline Malate, and if you were to throw in a some BA into the drink, you would have yourself a killer pre-workout endurance drink... watermelon FTW baby, months in and still can't get sick of it!
SciVation's Xtend is awesome. They need to get rid of the L-Glutamine and replace it with Beta-Alanine instead.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I do like scivation xtend but the amount of CM in it is just underdosed. 2 scoops of xtend for 1g of CM.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I had to pick one supplement to use, then it would be BCAAs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me too. I love it as a pre-workout supp at 10 grams.
I am using 20g of BCAAs with 5g of extra Leucine for my pre/during WO drink. I have been going without carbs during training for a while and I like it better.

luke1984

luke1984

Awards
  • Established
I am using 20g of BCAAs with 5g of extra Leucine for my pre/during WO drink. I have been going without carbs during training for a while and I like it better.
Would you say there's a significant difference in strength and/or endurance when dosed higher?
Maybe I'll give it a try....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would you say there's a significant difference in strength and/or endurance when dosed higher?
Maybe I'll give it a try....
It's hard to say, but I definitely haven't lost any strength. In fact, my lifts have steadily been increasing over the past 6 weeks or so.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
i'd have to say bcaa's as well. scivation xtend is my love. tastes great, mixes easily, and i've had awesome results. I have lost bodyfat, while doing super intense workouts (1000+ cals burnt) and have steadily gotten stronger. My soreness is also not that horrible either. BCAA's are a staple.