Chocolate Creatine

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Does it exist? CAN IT? My drinks pre post and during workout are all fruity (except for my whey protein) and I'm drinking about 3/4 of a gallon of fruity stuff in that time period. Really need to find something not-so-fruity or in pill form.

So, chocolate creatine? Vanilla creatine? Discuss.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can always add Sugar Free Cocoa to it - I use to when I used creatine 5 years ago...

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
German American Tech, makes a vanilla flavored l-glutamine but as far as a chocolate creatine, looks like you might have to buy unflavored and make it so.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
you can always buy the np bulk creatine and then get a chocolate flavor system

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
German American Tech, makes a vanilla flavored l-glutamine but as far as a chocolate creatine, looks like you might have to buy unflavored and make it so.
German American Tech?

what teh heck?

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
why cant they just flavor it chocolate? is some attribute of creatine just naturally sour or fruity or some awful mismatch with chocolate flavoring?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
There probably isn't a big enough market for it. Doesn't sound particularly good to me, but to each his own :)

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
There probably isn't a big enough market for it. Doesn't sound particularly good to me, but to each his own :)
Really? I'd assume that since its a one-of-a-kind flavor people may be interested in buying it... Hmm.

Nobody thinks a chocolate or like cinnamon creatine would be good? haha

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Really? I'd assume that since its a one-of-a-kind flavor people may be interested in buying it... Hmm.

Nobody thinks a chocolate or like cinnamon creatine would be good? haha
Not sure I'd want to drink it, but I've always wondered why creatine was allways fruit flavored and never chocolate/vanilla.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Majority of the forms of creatine available are virtually tasteless with a few exceptions. Why not just buy it bulk and mix it with whatever flavor beverage you'd like? Seems like a silly topic to me..:wtf:

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
German American Tech?

what teh heck?
hahaha no clue man, German American Technologies, or G.A.T., the makers of Jet Fuel. Back on topic, googled and saw where one company made a chocolate flavored creatine but made a statement where they decided to discontinue it because it wasn't selling.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it doesn't really make sense to make a flavored creatine. Creatine mono naturally doesn't have much of a flavor already, so it's easy to just throw it in whatever you're drinking instead of basing your drink around the flavor of the creatine. Seems like this product idea would not make it too far, especially because creatine is so cheap already. Adding flavor would just make it more expensive.

IF there is a flavoring, they chose a fruity flavor because some people think that creatine has better uptake during an insulin spike, which often can be obtained by drinking a fruit juice drink (for the sugars). If the creatine is flavored as a fruit then it's an easy addition to your fruit juice.

OTOH, I've heard lately that it's not that a high GI carb should be used but salt instead. Uptake was higher with salt instead of sugars...

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
add 5-10g in your chocolate milk :thumbsup:.....part of a breakfast for champions my friend.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does it exist? CAN IT? My drinks pre post and during workout are all fruity (except for my whey protein) and I'm drinking about 3/4 of a gallon of fruity stuff in that time period. Really need to find something not-so-fruity or in pill form.

So, chocolate creatine? Vanilla creatine? Discuss.
Step One, get buy chocolate whey
Step two put in blender with some milk or water
step three add creatine

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I feel protein will blunt the absorbtion of the creatine...

I would always wait an hour inbetween each to maximize it's uptake.

Just a personnal thing I suppose.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
Really? I take the other half of my creatine immediately post workout and then my pwo protein shake right after. is that a bad idea?

And c'mon guys, its the same idea with fruity flavors too I guess. Why not just buy creatine and add some Da Vinci no-calorie flavored syrups to it or some powdered lemon-lime seasoning?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Since we're talking about flavors and consistencies of Creatine here, then there's no need for me to make a new thread for this;

Whether you've used them or not, or have heard good things/bad things about them, which kind of Creatine do you prefer and why?

Tricreatine Malate
Dicreatine Citrate
Dicreatine Malate
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Gluconate
CEE

I realize that there are several more kinds of Creatine, but feel free to discuss.

I'm not meaning to steal this thread, but I figured there was no point in starting a completely new thread to discuss Creatine since we're already discussing it.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always take my Creatine about 30 minutes before my workout and then my protein immediately after.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel protein will blunt the absorbtion of the creatine...

I would always wait an hour inbetween each to maximize it's uptake.

Just a personnal thing I suppose.

No it will actually help the absorbtion, especially if it is whey. There were several products made with whey and creatine together.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No it will actually help the absorbtion, especially if it is whey. There were several products made with whey and creatine together.
Makes sense.

But I never knew that.

I really need to get over to Protein Factory.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chocolate flavored creatine doesn't exist because it's too thin and wouldn't be very appetizing. that's one of the reasons why you see pure WPI's in fruit flavors as well. Too thin of a consistency and nothing to help compliment cocoa into a milk chocolate-flavored taste.

Though I'm a fan of drinking hot cocoa the way the Mayan's drank it. The flavor associated with chocolate has come a long way since then.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I just snort a few grams before downing a chocolate shake. We still talkin creatine?

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
chocolate flavored creatine doesn't exist because it's too thin and wouldn't be very appetizing. that's one of the reasons why you see pure WPI's in fruit flavors as well. Too thin of a consistency and nothing to help compliment cocoa into a milk chocolate-flavored taste.

Though I'm a fan of drinking hot cocoa the way the Mayan's drank it. The flavor associated with chocolate has come a long way since then.
Now we're getting somewheres. What attributes wouldn't make it very appetizing if creatine tends to have a neutral flavor? Does the chocolate account for it's thinness? What in fruity flavors thickens it up or makes it more coarse? What if it was like, peanut-butter chocolate? or banana flavored? vanilla? The possibilities are endless.

I'm just saying the creatine market today is dominated by fruit punch, green apple, lemon-lime, etc. If a company stepped up and made a great creatine with a good flavor on the other spectrum, it's bound to sell. I can't be the only one who's getting tired of all these fruits!!!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I can't be the only one who's getting tired of all these fruits!!!

Now we're talkin! Oh, wait ..... I think I may be de-contextualizing. (Thanks to Mullet for the pretentious vernacular) :D

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chocolate and vanilla flavoring are not very water soluble, now that I think about it. Whey Protein concentrate has some emulsifiers in it, which makes the flavoring more homogeneous. This would not exist with creatine.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Now we're getting somewheres. What attributes wouldn't make it very appetizing if creatine tends to have a neutral flavor? Does the chocolate account for it's thinness? What in fruity flavors thickens it up or makes it more coarse? What if it was like, peanut-butter chocolate? or banana flavored? vanilla? The possibilities are endless.

I'm just saying the creatine market today is dominated by fruit punch, green apple, lemon-lime, etc. If a company stepped up and made a great creatine with a good flavor on the other spectrum, it's bound to sell. I can't be the only one who's getting tired of all these fruits!!!
the reason why this is so is because certian creatines have that sour taste to it. I know that dicreatine malate have a sour citrus type of taste. Adding that to chocolate is ... yeah you get the picture right :D? Also I think that monohydrate isnt completely 100% tasteless as people claim. It has a taste alright. Just not a rancid one. It could be possibly thrown in as a creatine flavor but im not too sure.

Also there is just NOOOO way to make chocolate creatine with CEE in my opinion. That ****s taste BAD. Im going to guess their just isnt enough want for a creatine flavor for choclate. Usually creatines put more than just creatine in them. Sure you could do monohydrate creatine with chocolate but honestly whos going to buy it? Some people will but not enough Im assuming.