Number 1 Supplement/Stack

Mon3yMaker

Awards
Hey guys never really taken any supplements until I've taken interest recently. I know everyone has different opinions but I'm interested as to what is the best supplements or the best stack to take??

Thanks guys

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
More info please... stats and goals, budget, etc.

Mon3yMaker

Awards
I don't really have a budget. I'm about 6'2 165 and have pretty much stayed there but in fairly good shape. My goals are to get pretty built but cut at the same time. Maybe put on about 20lbs

Mon3yMaker

Awards
I'm 20 years old and been lifting more seriously for about 2 years kind of on and off but I want something that is going to work well obviously. I'm starting to get familiar with some stuff as I've been searching around this forum

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
how many calories u think u take in per day? do u take protein? bcaa's?

Mon3yMaker

Awards
dang man that's my problem I have no idea. Sometimes I'll eat two huge meals a day and that's it but I eat tons of steak and chicken and salads stuff like that but I haven't taken any protiens or anything consistently so i'm looking for something that will definitley get me motivated in the gym and won't crash while working out. looking for something thats going to help pre and post workout and everything in between

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
ok, this is some of what u need along with FOOD and lots and lots of food:

Xtend - BCAA's
ON 100% Whey - protein
Waxy maize starch

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
if u can, try to eat 4-5 huge meals a day.....2 meals will NOT cut it and i doubt u could even maintain weight by doing that

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
everyone here is proli going to tell you if your just getting started with supplements to stick to the basics. protein, multi vitamin, bcaa's. if thats simular to what youv been doing, id suggest throwing in a creatine supplement for a month or two and see what kind of results you get from that.

but, everyone will also tell you your not going to gain any lean muscle with out a good clean (its ok to cheat if you just want some size) diet. and an intense well put together training program, with plenty of rest at night.

if your 6'2" and only 165 im guessing your pretty lean and could afford to take in a few extra calories.
with that in mind id recommend N Large 2 (squared) made by pro lab, its a good lean weight gainer (good calories and carbs)
for the multi vitamin, the only thing id ever recoment to anyone is universal's animal pack.
as far as the bcaa's it doesnt really matter what brand you decide on just find something cheep, its all the same.

try that out for a while and see what it does for you

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmm...... agree and disagree w/ a lot of the above.
Get your foundation in line first before you spend a dime on any supplement other than protein. As for protein, look into some Xtreme Formulations and/or Black Star Labs proteins, or maybe Anabolic Innovations. These proteins are much better than the typical shelf products.

After protein, get some EFA's (omegas), and the most exotic you should even consider at this point would be creatine. For this 2 routes stand out to me: Bulk Creatine Mono or Neovar. Some will call that a shameless plug, most will recognize it as a damn good suggestion ;)

Mon3yMaker

Awards
I have been lifting more serious for about 2 years and work pretty hard every time I'm in the gym (hopefully not overworking) and am pretty cut without the usage of supps but now I want to put on some weight (muscle). I've been hearing about prohormones and everything like that but abviously don't know the difference between steriods and non-steriods. I'd like something that will def work but want it to be healthy of course.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I have been lifting more serious for about 2 years and work pretty hard every time I'm in the gym (hopefully not overworking) and am pretty cut without the usage of supps but now I want to put on some weight (muscle). I've been hearing about prohormones and everything like that but abviously don't know the difference between steriods and non-steriods. I'd like something that will def work but want it to be healthy of course.
Nothing safe will be worth what you pay for it if you don't have the important stuff in line. Even prohormones won't give the best gains if you aren't doing everything else right.

Mon3yMaker

Awards
so are you saying start with the simple stuff like protein and creatin and then start thinking others. I have take both but never consistently

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's saying establish your diet, monitor what you eat. Use protein powders to get your protein intake up but don't rely on them. Eat food, meals a day with around 30 grams of protein each.

I protein shake after workout is good. Take some vitamins a multi a few grams of C. Maybe 50 mg of B complex.

Don't even bother with anyting till you do this for six months. Then when your diet and routine is in check, maybe you could look at using supps. Cross that bridge when you got to it, you have too many other things to worry about now.

There are other factors, and I have a real problem with the way I see young people working out these days. 9 out of every 10 are doing something wrong in the gym. Crappy form, not using full range of motion. Don't be afraid to take weight off the bar in order to perform correct form.

Periodization and progression are the two key elements (won't get into details here). Make sure you are following these principles.

See that pic in my avatar that's my 275 lb son that I built on nothing but food and shakes. He is a monster and was squatting close to 600 lbs when he was 18. Dead was 550 and 350 bench. No supplements just food!