6-oxo oral vs transdermal

sweetdaddy

Awards
I want to try some bulk androstenetrione (sp?). For roughly the same price, I can get:

*6 grams + bottle of transdermal carrier

-OR-

*11 grams

Does the transdermal carrier make that much of a difference in absorption/bioavailability etc that it's worth buying, or should I just buy more powder and eat it?

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
truthfully i would just go with some transdermal formastane if your looking for a AI, i read a post by dr.d saying how androstenetrione isn't that great. I have yet to open my bottle of 6-oxo i got a long time ago, i think im gonna give it to a friend.

6-Oxo-Androstenedione 300mg
OK, so over one to eleven weeks I can elevate my DHT levels with a compound that suggestively possesses significant AR binding affinity and experience zero gains in muscle mass while I do it? Ummm, why? No thanks! Why do people still use this junk? Seriously, what's the point if you don't get results in the end?
PubMed Home

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I just finished using it as part of my PCT and had the worst recovery ever. One and done here.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree. I just finished using it as part of my post cycle therapy and had the worst recovery ever. One and done here.
All tough i don't know the details of your cycle/pct regardless of the type, an AI shouldn't be used as the foundation of your PCT on a regular cycle.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it works well as a transdermal, not only more efficient but a lot more cost effective.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
or e-form, its premixed but you save money mixing yourself and ordering though NP
i agree on the formestane, it's one of my favorite supp's but td bulk 6oxo does work well. try adding 3 gms 6oxo to a bottle of e-form. or if you buy 5gms bulk form you still have room to add 3 gms 6oxo to 8 oz of penetrate.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmm im gonna add 1g of 6oxo to my eform, its starting to run out soon..

edit.. nm forgot about the fillers in 6oxo, i would need the bulk stuff

sweetdaddy

Awards
i've seen a lot of positive feedback for both 6-oxo and formestane, but have read that formestane may be suppressive?

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i've seen a lot of positive feedback for both 6-oxo and formestane, but have read that formestane may be suppressive?
its disputed, but it would be very minimal if any, its not very androgenic. Im using as part of my PCT for my pulse and it seems to be working fine

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the same research says 6-bromo can be suppressive, but for short term use for month or so at a reasonable rate it's not going to be a problem. if you're concerned about it add a few gms bulk 6oxo. td formestane has been used by pro bodybuilders for decades, if you do the research author l. rea, founder of alri highly recommends it.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
All tough i don't know the details of your cycle/post cycle therapy regardless of the type, an AI shouldn't be used as the foundation of your PCT on a regular cycle.
It wasn't the foundation. I used Toremefine as the foundation.

DeathDealer

Awards
i agree on the formestane, it's one of my favorite supp's but td bulk 6oxo does work well. try adding 3 gms 6oxo to a bottle of e-form. or if you buy 5gms bulk form you still have room to add 3 gms 6oxo to 8 oz of penetrate.
I bought a bunch of bulk formestane and bulk 6oxo, along with 2 bottles of Penetrate. I've been reading a lot of posts over the past couple of days, trying to figure out the best way to mix it up. I was thinking of a couple of different alternatives.

1. make one bottle of Formestane/Penetrate and one bottle of 6xox/Penetrate.

or

2. make two bottles of Formestane/6oxo/Penetrate.

I've seen a lot of posts about people trying to mix in Formastane/Penetrate where a lot of users use 5g Formestane / 8oz Penetrate with no problems. Other users gave tried for 10g Formestane/8oz Penetrate with little success and they ruined the formula. From experience, what is a successful mixture of Formestane/Penetrate? How much Formestane can you get into 8oz of Penetrate with success.

I've also done a search trying to find how much 6oxo can be successfuly mixed with 8oz of Penetrate. I really haven't found any good numbers. Does anyone know how much 6oxo can be mixed with 8oz of Penetrate?

If it is better to go with a mixture of Formestane/6oxo/Penetrate is the formula of 5g Formestane/3g 6oxo/8oz Penetrate a good solution?

Thanks guys, I've been doing lots of searches and read about a hundred posts, but there's either a lack of information or conflicting information. Lots of opinions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I bought a bunch of bulk formestane and bulk 6oxo, along with 2 bottles of Penetrate. I've been reading a lot of posts over the past couple of days, trying to figure out the best way to mix it up. I was thinking of a couple of different alternatives.

1. make one bottle of Formestane/Penetrate and one bottle of 6xox/Penetrate.

or

2. make two bottles of Formestane/6oxo/Penetrate.

I've seen a lot of posts about people trying to mix in Formastane/Penetrate where a lot of users use 5g Formestane / 8oz Penetrate with no problems. Other users gave tried for 10g Formestane/8oz Penetrate with little success and they ruined the formula. From experience, what is a successful mixture of Formestane/Penetrate? How much Formestane can you get into 8oz of Penetrate with success.

I've also done a search trying to find how much 6oxo can be successfuly mixed with 8oz of Penetrate. I really haven't found any good numbers. Does anyone know how much 6oxo can be mixed with 8oz of Penetrate?

If it is better to go with a mixture of Formestane/6oxo/Penetrate is the formula of 5g Formestane/3g 6oxo/8oz Penetrate a good solution?

Thanks guys, I've been doing lots of searches and read about a hundred posts, but there's either a lack of information or conflicting information. Lots of opinions.
i wouldnt go over 8 gms in 8oz of penetrate. since formestane is sold in 5gm increments i would go 5gm form 3 gm 6oxo, ive added 3 gm 6oxo to e-form with really good results. incredible libido, energy, mood, and some strength, but the recomp is what i liked best. good stuff.

DeathDealer

Awards
i wouldnt go over 8 gms in 8oz of penetrate. since formestane is sold in 5gm increments i would go 5gm form 3 gm 6oxo, ive added 3 gm 6oxo to e-form with really good results. incredible libido, energy, mood, and some strength, but the recomp is what i liked best. good stuff.
At that concentration, how many squirts do you use a day? (assuming that each squirt is from Penetrate is .5ml). I'm about 232 lbs right now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
At that concentration, how many squirts do you use a day? (assuming that each squirt is from Penetrate is .5ml). I'm about 232 lbs right now.
your weight is about same as mine, start with 3 sprays 2xday. i built up to 5x2 but i just plain like the stuff. if your results are close to mine you will be a fan too. this is good stuff.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How can Dr.D call androstenetrione junk? There is alot of feedback from users reporting good gains and great recomp with it. Are these people just stupid and experiencing a placebo effect or what? Too much crap I've bought in the past is just placebo in a bottle. What really works out there?!!

pist

Awards
I recently bought some penetrate / formestane and want to add some leftover androstenetrione... is 3 grams still the consensus?

How can Dr.D call androstenetrione junk? There is alot of feedback from users reporting good gains and great recomp with it. Are these people just stupid and experiencing a placebo effect or what? Too much crap I've bought in the past is just placebo in a bottle. What really works out there?!!
6-oxo / androstenetrione is anything but junk and its effects are not placebo. try it for yourself

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pist-- I am taking it and that is why I got so upset to hear Dr.D bash it. I'm on week 3 and I know it's working. I'm taking 150 mgs. transdermally everyday. I'm getting stronger and leaner and I just plain feel better!! This is from having like 200 to 300% more test and free test in my system. Everybody ought to give this a try as it is also very inexpensive!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BigT, were you using the form/6-oxo combo post cycle, or just normally?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
BigT, were you using the form/6-oxo combo post cycle, or just normally?
I'll let T speak for himself. But I do have an opinion on this one too.

IMO 6oxo/form combo is a fantastic when run solo, especially during an aggressive cut. It stacks really well when I'm stimming my brains out with a bunch of fat burners such as ephedrine or Meltdown.

It's also a great combo ON cycle. It makes every compound "feel" more aggressive and "feel" like it kicks in faster in terms of strength in the gym. IMO it's good to prevent loss of libido ON cycle, but does nothing to salvage libido once it's gone due to a steroid.

IMO neither form nor trione packs any punch in pct. I do not experience aggression, strength, leaning effect, or libido increase with either trione or form in pct.

Both are infinitely more productive when used transdermally vs. oral in my experience.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Celc, this is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

I have never used a steroid or PH previously, but the mild effects of AI's like form/trione intrigue me.

Is the ideal situation to use this while recomping or cutting? How long do you run this standalone, and what doses do you use topically?

Any reading that you can share?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
UB

1) can you still find bulk trione and form bulk powder?

2) I like both around 150mg TD per day. In a stack, it can be lower. For example, I'd put maybe 3g form and 3g trione in penetrate. Or simply add 1 or 2g of trione to CEL's premixed formestane. I start out with low doses, then ramp till I find where I want to get... probably around 2-3 pumps twice per day (u figure out the dosages in the mix LOL).

3) I highly recommend premixed formestane. It's waaaay understated how difficult it is to get it into solution yourself. IMO people's form is crashing more often than they realize when they do it themselves.

4) Orally 6oxo is nice 500 or 600ish mg/day. I've never really found an effective oral form dosage but it's probably around 1g/day... talk about getting expensive for an AI.

5) I think this stack will work with any goals to be honest. In my experience, it's shines in a cut. It gives me aggression and libido that might not be quit there when cals are lower than usual. But I have also used it successfully on a recomp and been pleased.

6) IMO cycle length is subjective. Prepare for 6-8 weeks and then there'd be no consequence for cutting it shorter. If you prepare for 3 or 4 weeks, feel that you want to continue, but don't have enough... u'd be screwed. In short, decide on the fly but no more than 8 weeks if I were to make an educated guess (others who are more chemically inclined than I am have also suggested about 6-8 weeks max in the past)

7) Just a few notes on sides: I get acne and shed a bit with trione. That androgen receptor binding I'd guess would vary from person to person though. Another example would be Phera where I had zero androgenic effect, while it's pretty common for people to be aggressive and zitty on that compound. A chemist from another board explained that a lot of compounds actually bind "loosely" to the androgen receptor, which is why response varies so strongly from person to person.

The form does effect my blood pressure IF I ramp my dosages too quickly. Preloading Hawthorne Berry is the only precaution I'd take on this stack, for the possible BP issues obviously.

Last edited:

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the highly detailed response.

Yes, I still have access to some powdered trione and the formestane is available through bulk powder and through E-form.

I was mostly planning to use it dissolved into eviscerate, which makes an ideal cutting agent on its own; and I assume would be supercharged w/ the above products.

One of the things you said really worries me though. I am prone to MBP. What component of this stack would you thing is causing the shedding of hair? I am going to assume the 6-oxo. How would one ameliorate this? Maybe use it in smaller doses, or use it on alternate days rather than everyday?

I am not looking for crazy gains, but I feel I have naturally high estrogen levels as it is. I will be getting blood work before any of this, so of course I'll have that information available. Mostly, I just want the "boost," but I definitely do not want to part w/ any of my hair to get it.

Can you expound on the above? Btw, I am a male at 200 lbs, and 15% bf. The goal is to get to 10% or so in the next 3-4 months.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for the highly detailed response.

Yes, I still have access to some powdered trione and the formestane is available through bulk powder and through E-form.

I was mostly planning to use it dissolved into eviscerate, which makes an ideal cutting agent on its own; and I assume would be supercharged w/ the above products.

One of the things you said really worries me though. I am prone to MBP. What component of this stack would you thing is causing the shedding of hair? I am going to assume the 6-oxo. How would one ameliorate this? Maybe use it in smaller doses, or use it on alternate days rather than everyday?

I am not looking for crazy gains, but I feel I have naturally high estrogen levels as it is. I will be getting blood work before any of this, so of course I'll have that information available. Mostly, I just want the "boost," but I definitely do not want to part w/ any of my hair to get it.

Can you expound on the above? Btw, I am a male at 200 lbs, and 15% bf. The goal is to get to 10% or so in the next 3-4 months.

6-oxo with evis?

Eviscerate is for localized fat loss not systemic.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but is possible if you has much aromatize enzyme circulating in your blood you can use some trione powder with Penetrate and apply in "belly fat" for me works good!

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
6-oxo with evis?

Eviscerate is for localized fat loss not systemic.
Eviscerate is actually a pretty advanced carrier that can have systemic reach too. The base was actually composed of some of Par's (Avant) old technology.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eviscerate is actually a pretty advanced carrier that can have systemic reach too. The base was actually composed of some of Par's (Avant) old technology.
The systematic reach rate is maybe 50%+"?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If MPB is a problem for you, you may want to reconsider on the trione. I'm prone as well and it noticably increases shedding for me.

The formestane actually control dht quite well. In which case, it has helped the occasional prostate symptoms and pretty much halts hair loss while I'm on it. The funny thing is, it still makes me REALLY aggressive. So I get my cake and eat it too with form

Your plan to put form in eviscerate should work well theoretically. The downside again, is that form is tough to get into solution even in a dedicated carrier. Putting into a carrier that is already partially saturated like eviscerate is probably gonna get dicey, especially if you're not experienced with mixing TDs.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would dosing the form and trione together help ameliorate the hair loss since the formestane will modulate/decrease DHT?

What about dosing form daily and maybe dosing the 6-oxo every other day or so.

Any thoughts to avoid hair loss sides, but maximize the effects? Since 6-oxo is a suicide inhibitor, I would assume it would take some time for the body to regenerate that aromatase. If you're already modulating it w/ formestane, then should I be ok?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1. Yes, to some extent. I'm sure to a different extent for every individual.

2. Nah, pick your dose and smoke it every day. Just adding 1g of trione to a 3g premixed form packs a whallup for me. That might reduce the trione sides better than an EOD rollercoaster.

3. I use Nizarol AD otc and it helps me out quite a bit. Don't use it every day or it will fry your scalp. Maybe every 2 to 3 days should cut it. Believe it or not, Axis Myodrol really helped me on cycle with prostate symptoms... it's a saw palmetto based test booster, but I dunno if it would help shedding or not???

In terms of the suicide inhibition, IMO trione does a poor job of controlling aromatase anyway. IMO it "feels" like all the BS test boosters SHOULD feel. Again, purely opinion, based on my interpretation of studies and based on my own experience.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got it. If I'm new to these things, do you think its wise to start w/ a trione/form stack, or maybe just experiment w/ formestane first?

Also, does thebigT still post here? Seems like he was pretty knowledgeable about this stuff also.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got it. If I'm new to these things, do you think its wise to start w/ a trione/form stack, or maybe just experiment w/ formestane first?

Also, does thebigT still post here? Seems like he was pretty knowledgeable about this stuff also.
aw dude, if you haven't ran it yet, get a taste of CEL's premixed form first. You'll be satisfied, especially if you're stacking with a fat burner. Rockin stack for sure :head:

Yes BigT still posts. But no one listens to what he says anyway, so you're not missing out :nutkick: :laugh:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
aw dude, if you haven't ran it yet, get a taste of CEL's premixed form first. You'll be satisfied, especially if you're stacking with a fat burner. Rockin stack for sure :head:

Yes BigT still posts. But no one listens to what he says anyway, so you're not missing out :nutkick: :laugh:
I guess it's good that you are my friend, lol....imagine if you didn't like me!!!:D

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
See that folks? People have been talking about how good TD 6-OXO is since before the sub-prime mortgage crisis!