Interesting Read on Forskolin....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
FYI- The forskolin dosages used in this study are the exact same as what is used in 6 capsules of Drive- notice the positive effects on lbm and free test :)

Obes Res. 2005 Aug;13(8):1335-43. Links
Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men. RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE: Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks. RESULTS: Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group. DISCUSSION: Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
And there's another lead in to geriatric marketing :study: I really suspect that Icariin has similar properties as well.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
im not surprised. On a clean diet I noticed nice recomp effect while on a bulk diet. Just wait for my progress pics at the end dirk! :)

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to try this stuff.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see any bulk Forskolin on NP tho , although I've seen it around on different sites. They do have icariin though , which I'm probably going to include with my next order now that the 50% is finally in stock.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ah i can stick with 4 drive, and take cAMPHIBOLIC as well for my extra forskolin. I still have some left :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'll never buy the 99% forskohlin again...it's super clumpy and hard to cap, especially in a mix.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And there's another lead in to geriatric marketing :study: I really suspect that Icariin has similar properties as well.
SHHHHH!!!!!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I have this full text. Reading TIME!