bcaa and protein shake

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.43%

bcaa and protein shake

hi all..

i was thinking about gettin some xtend along with adding some bulk powders such as ba, cm, and leucine.. anyways i would use this for pre and wo... however... how do you take ur shakes also??? for prewo do you down a shake and then drink the xtend...

also the xtend info says to take a scoop after too.. is this necessary considering you were drinking it during your workout?? if it is necessary how do you do this one? down the xtend fast and then the shake??

it would sound hard for my stomach to handle all of that liquid soo fast if i'm downing multiple drinks.

would it be possibly be better to drink the xtend thats supposed to be after workout and save it for nighttime... cuz i can always throw some leucine and ba in my pwo shake..

i like to drink a shake before bed too but i'm going to be cutting so maybe xtend would be a better choice?

thanks for the help.

Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

A couple of my favorite sites. I love custom products, to fit my needs.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.55%

I like to put the xtend in my post w.o. shake get an isolate that is close to the flavor of you xtend. I have only tried one flavor of nectar (Strawberry kiwi) I would imagine lemonade would be good with this. I use blu-raz lemonade+refreshing lemonade+glucose its nice
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

pre-WO: shake (ideally like an hour before WO)
    during WO: 2+scoops of extend mixed in water
    post-WO: either one(i do 2 scoops of whey isolate here)

they say not to ingest your bcaa's while ingesting other forms of protein, thats why you dont mix them and why i try to take my pre-WO shake about an hour before(but half the time i take it right before do to my laziness/busyness)

this is just how i do it, other people might have different ideas.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Post workout I mix Waxy Maize, Dextrose, Creatine, And BCAA's with water. Taste like kool-aid. Then about thirty minutes later I have a protein shake with a banana Some peanut butter and some oats.
    I workout in the mornings so This is kinda like my breakfast on the way to work.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I do 4 scoops Xtend w/ 5 extra g of BCAA and Leucine for my pre/during WO. Post-WO, I have ~30g of protein with 5 g of added Leucine.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.43%

cool thanks all..

rodja.. i read a lot of your posts and thats where i came up with adding the leucine and beta alanine.. i was thinking of also adding citruline malate.. beneficial??

also i'm just using whey protein right now.. so i guess i'll go get some isolate.. i thought you wanted the whey for post becuase it digests fast?? is whey no good nowadays?

As I said before I am going to be using this to cut a bit.. I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight, just lose bf. I'm around 10% right now and would like to get down to around 5%.

Do you think I should stack anything along with these?? Keep in mind I've never used bcaas before so that will be fun in itself... Although I was considering possibly a stack of rpm/drive or maybe just one or the other... keep in mind that i'm only 21 and not looking to lose pounds because I still have a great metabolism.. My goal is to actually add pounds through lbm and decrease bf%.

Thanks all!
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by shiby1510 View Post
    cool thanks all..

rodja.. i read a lot of your posts and thats where i came up with adding the leucine and beta alanine.. i was thinking of also adding citruline malate.. beneficial??

also i'm just using whey protein right now.. so i guess i'll go get some isolate.. i thought you wanted the whey for post becuase it digests fast?? is whey no good nowadays?

As I said before I am going to be using this to cut a bit.. I'm not looking to lose a lot of weight, just lose bf. I'm around 10% right now and would like to get down to around 5%.

Do you think I should stack anything along with these?? Keep in mind I've never used bcaas before so that will be fun in itself... Although I was considering possibly a stack of rpm/drive or maybe just one or the other... keep in mind that i'm only 21 and not looking to lose pounds because I still have a great metabolism.. My goal is to actually add pounds through lbm and decrease bf%.

Thanks all!
    My philosophy is that by using the BCAAs and extra Leucine before and during your WO, protein synthesis is already kickstarted. I supplement with a whey and casein product to stay in that state for a longer period of time.

I did forget to add that I also include 4g of BA with my pre-WO drink. This is how I consume it: put everything in a shaker and add 20oz of water, shake the sh!t out of it for ~10 minutes, drink 10 oz 30-45 minutes before training (this is also the time to take any stims as well), refill the drink to 20 oz and drink throughout training.

You can't go wrong with the RPM/Drive stack and adding some SyntheSIZE will help to prime your body throughout the day for growth.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bcaas and protein
    By Danimozz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 12:32 AM
  2. morning cardio and protein shake?
    By saafanco in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 09:59 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 03:03 AM
  4. Weight gainer, MRP and Protein Shake recipes!
    By jackamo in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 12:37 AM
  5. protein shakes and GAS
    By thegameoflife in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 03:33 PM