Excess Arachidonic Acid is damagingthe inflammation and Joint - AnabolicMinds.com

Excess Arachidonic Acid is damagingthe inflammation and Joint

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Excess Arachidonic Acid is damagingthe inflammation and Joint

If you look at the Special Winter edition 2007-2008 Life extension magazine it has all the diagrams and information. Simply put excess
    Arachidonic Acid is damaging. This is how it works Consumption of Arachidonic acid-rich foods such as egg yolk, red meat, poultry, dairy products and organ meat, and of course taking it directly leads to a lot of Arachidonic Acid in the body. A lot of Arachidonic acid converts to increased production of 5-Lipoxygenase(5-LOX), which interferes with healthy Cellular divison.) 5-LOX breaks down to eccess accumulation of leukotriene B4, a pro-inflamatory compound that attacks the joints, arterial wall, and other tissues

There is one supplement out there that inhibits the production of 5-Lipoxygenase so this can be useful.

Fish and olive oils are not recommended because they block the InFlammation and Joint Destruction Arachidonic Acid causes.

These are pure facts!

In defense of Arachidonic Acid, if it works it works. Some one on this board pmed me warnign me not to try it. We have a few logs here that says it working.

Offense of Arachidonic Acid it better work d.a.m.n. like it says and not any less because the side effcts and damage to arterie walls, joints and inflammation are no way the price to pay for two pounds. It better be at least ten pounds. and than you better take a break and get plenty of fish and olive oil in.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

What happens when things get "simply put"? Well, they often get misrepresented.

That's all.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  3. New Member

Oh boy ! Here we go again with another "Arachidonic Acid is bad for you" thread ! I gotta tell ya man that there have been numerous studies done AA that Molecular did ensuring safety AND efficacy before the release of X-factor. There was a double blind, placebo controlled evaluation done on x-factor (which is AA) and there were NO significant changes in clinical safety markers indicating detrimental effects to health. JJOHN!!!!!....Get in here and help a bro out!

Edit: Tell 'em Aety!!!
    •   

4. New Member

wow you are smart...biochemist?
  5. Banned

Smelton - I could actually understand your post - - - - this time, so congrates on that!

But bro, ANYTHING can be bad for you. No matter what drug, supplement, fruit, toilet paper - it all can be bad for you. Someone will find a way to throw a negative spin on it - trust me! If you do not feel comfortable taking it - you have that choice.

Even the 'natural' supplements can be bad.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by krogtaar View Post
    who? me?
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    Smelton - I could actually understand your post - - - - this time, so congrates on that!

But bro, ANYTHING can be bad for you. No matter what drug, supplement, fruit, toilet paper - it all can be bad for you. Someone will find a way to throw a negative spin on it - trust me! If you do not feel comfortable taking it - you have that choice.

Of course, Matthew too much of anythingcan be bad for you.Im stating facts. If it turns out to work and relatively safe, Ill be happy to put on another ten pounds of muscle on my big ass. Have you tryed arachidonic-acid yourself or are you trying it?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  8. New Member

Now THAT'S FUNNY!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by krogtaar View Post
    Nope its in the life extension magazine.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Crowler, I see you in the thread, what is your take on excess arachidonic-acid?
  11. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

GOOD POST brother................check your E-mail!!!!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  12. Banned

I'm not going to try it - it's just not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Of course, Matthew too much of anythingcan be bad for you.Im stating facts. If it turns out to work and relatively safe, Ill be happy to put on another ten pounds of muscle on my big ass. Have you tryed arachidonic-acid yourself or are you trying it?
  13. New Member

Oh Geez, not this sh*t again!
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

There seems to be a lot of controversy about AA. I already ordered a couple bottles of X-Factor anyway just to try it out.

Since I am natural and I don't want to use hormonal supplements this is a good alternative to try, which is why I am trying it out. At the same time one cycle of X-Factor will not kill you.

Despite what bad press AA gets, I find it hard to believe that X-Factor is worse than Superdrol.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

At any rate, at least for me there are not a lot of decent options out there right now for natural quality supps so I decided to just give x-factor a whirl....again.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

good info smeton. all information that helps
    people make informed decisions is good.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I like the idea of supplementing long-term with AA though (i.e. 1 gel/day only). I think the safety aspect is dose dependent.
  18. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

We need to approach this rather "sensitive" issue in a balanced fashion. No one is attacking X-Factor. It appears to be a solid formulation. There are very good reviews of the product here, as we all know. Yet, it is still legitimate to draw attention to the inflammatory properties of arachidonic acid. Smeaton_yea's points are valid. I have also done one thread and several posts on arachidonic acid on this forum. And even reproduced the charts from Life Extension to show arachidonic acid's role in the inflammatory cascade, plus the different anti-inflammatory agents that can be used to neutralize arachidonic acid.

I understand jjohn's position on this product. And respect it. I think highly of him as a true believer in his product. X-Factor is a successful product. I would personally not use it, though, as I do not want to expose my system to such onslaught of inflammatory agents over an extended period of time. This does not take anything away from X-Factor and its efficacy. To everyone his own
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  19. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

First you need to account for the fact that AA is incorporated into your celullar membrane. The act of working out FREES that AA and sends it into the cascade that results in production of prostaglandins (thus triggering growth).

Excess AA intake, without working out, would be the culprit IMO.

Think of your membranes like a sponge, and working out like squeezing the sponge...once you free the AA to do its thing, you will not have a huge amount accumulating to do much, if any, damage.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    First you need to account for the fact that AA is incorporated into your celullar membrane. The act of working out FREES that AA and sends it into the cascade that results in production of prostaglandins (thus triggering growth).

Think of your membranes like a sponge, and working out like squeezing the sponge...once you free the AA to do its thing, you will not have a huge amount accumulating to do much, if any, damage.
    Per daily serving, what amount would be considered 'excess' ?
  21. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I have no way to know.

Depends how hard you work out, and your own body's efficiency/reactions.

There is no short answer, but I would call 2 grams upper limit. My methodology is sound...I pulled the answer out of my butt.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I just checked the FDA's website. There are different amounts for running omega-3+omega-6 acids together.

However, if you were to just run omega-6 solo (i.e. Archadonic Acid) the 'safe level' is 30mg/kg of bodyweight each day. This was published in 2001.

Hope this helps.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

For me even playing it modest, this runs around a 'safe level' of over 2g/ED which I don't consume nearly that much.

The thing is there is no time limit set, so personal judgement would be needed in this.
  24. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

Some trials have been done saying AA is safe (for someone phisically active) at 1700 mg. So 1 gram (MAX dosage recommended) was proven safe and effective. And like Dsade said, the key phrase in all this is: "Training FREES AA".

The problem with all this is that AA is elevated in people who are fat and unhealthy, and nutritionists still think there is a correlation.

High AA levels are to be expected in a sedentary person BUT cannot simply be linked to bad health.

Here is a study that you need to read bud:
    New Arachidonic Acid Study/Info
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Some trials have been done saying AA is safe (for someone phisically active) at 1700 mg. So 1 gram (MAX dosage recommended) was proven safe and effective. And like Dsade said, the key phrase in all this is: "Training FREES AA".

The problem with all this is that AA is elevated in people who are fat and unhealthy, and nutritionists still think there is a correlation.

High AA levels are to be expected in a sedentary person BUT cannot simply be linked to bad health.

Here is a study that you need to read bud:
    New Arachidonic Acid Study/Info

I kinda want to do a 1.25g 100 day thing like yours though.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Nice Dsade. This is new information.I didnt know AA is freed if your work out. Where did you get this information from?
  27. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

Nice Dsade. This is new information.I didnt know AA is freed if your work out. Where did you get this information from?
    Me. I know everything.
  28. NutraPlanet Fanatic

It is somewhat of a mechanical reaction. When you perturb the membrane (from injury, etc) the AA is released as an immediate signal to increase sensitivity to pain (hey...you just jacked up your shoulder...might want to stop using it dumbass...here, let me make it hurt really bad). This is how Advil, etc reduce pain...by blocking this effect.

Anyway, the initial injury signal is also a POWERFUL intercellular communication signal as well as an intracellular recovery signal.

Prostaglandins are amazing in this way...not only do they signal within the cell to begin preparation for rapid healing/recovery, but they also travel to adjacent cells spreading the same signal.
  29. Recovering AXoholic

AA is needed for the production of leukotrienes and prostraglandins.

Perhaps you're familiar with a certain class of drugs known as NSAIDs, which are used for arthritis patients. These block the cyclooxygenase enzymes needed to produce prostraglandins and whatnot, which are associated with joint inflammation. Ever hear people talking about the use of Ibuprofen and/or Aspirin can deter muscle gains? They're blocking the formation of the same things AA promotes.

Take the good with the bad.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.

If you look at the Special Winter edition 2007-2008 Life extension magazine it has all the diagrams and information. Simply put excess
    Arachidonic Acid is damaging. This is how it works Consumption of Arachidonic acid-rich foods such as egg yolk, red meat, poultry, dairy products and organ meat, and of course taking it directly leads to a lot of Arachidonic Acid in the body. A lot of Arachidonic acid converts to increased production of 5-Lipoxygenase(5-LOX), which interferes with healthy Cellular divison.) 5-LOX breaks down to eccess accumulation of leukotriene B4, a pro-inflamatory compound that attacks the joints, arterial wall, and other tissues

There is one supplement out there that inhibits the production of 5-Lipoxygenase so this can be useful.

Fish and olive oils are not recommended because they block the InFlammation and Joint Destruction Arachidonic Acid causes.

These are pure facts!

In defense of Arachidonic Acid, if it works it works. Some one on this board pmed me warnign me not to try it. We have a few logs here that says it working.

Offense of Arachidonic Acid it better work d.a.m.n. like it says and not any less because the side effcts and damage to arterie walls, joints and inflammation are no way the price to pay for two pounds. It better be at least ten pounds. and than you better take a break and get plenty of fish and olive oil in.
    Fish and olive oils are not recommended because they block the InFlammation and Joint Destruction Arachidonic Acid causes. - so that means they would be good to take along with it or not good to take in conjunction with it?
  31. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    AA is needed for the production of leukotrienes and prostraglandins.

Perhaps you're familiar with a certain class of drugs known as NSAIDs, which are used for arthritis patients. These block the cyclooxygenase enzymes needed to produce prostraglandins and whatnot, which are associated with joint inflammation. Ever hear people talking about the use of Ibuprofen and/or Aspirin can deter muscle gains? They're blocking the formation of the same things AA promotes.

Take the good with the bad.
    IMO, what is great about XF is that it works by tipping the balance slightly...not a sledgehammer approach of hormones, but a nudge over towards increased production that yields some quite impressive results.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    Fish and olive oils are not recommended because they block the InFlammation and Joint Destruction Arachidonic Acid causes. - so that means they would be good to take along with it or not good to take in conjunction with it?
    Well, I believe the inflammation is only one aspect about AA. I think the other benefits that AA has to offer will not be negated via fish oils/ olive oils.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.

Well, I believe the inflammation is only one aspect about AA. I think the other benefits that AA has to offer will not be negated via fish oils/ olive oils.
    thx -

r u following me?
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    thx -

r u following me?
    I'm outside watching you through the window.
  35. NutraPlanet Fanatic

I'm outside watching you through the window.
    I wondered what that moist slapping sound was.

/calls cops.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I wondered what that moist slapping sound was.

/calls cops.
    Mos 'def. I'm almost done tho.
  37. Recovering AXoholic

http://cvphysiology.com/Blood%20Flow/BF013.htm

here's a pretty good writeup on AA metabolism. Has a nice flow chart, that's easy to follow.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  38. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    http://cvphysiology.com/Blood%20Flow/BF013.htm

here's a pretty good writeup on AA metabolism. Has a nice flow chart, that's easy to follow.
    Well if THAT didn't give me an interesting idea/application.
  39. Recovering AXoholic

dammit. I need to stop giving you ideas. :P
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

AA transdermal.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Arachidonic Acid and Cancer
    By Dancebot 2000 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 04:02 PM
  2. Question of TTA and Arachidonic Acid
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 10:05 AM
  3. creatine and Arachidonic Acid?
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 05:25 AM
  4. Arachidonic Acid and fat gain?
    By Kc2554 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
  5. Arachidonic Acid and Cancer. (X-Factor)
    By Bigfishy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 12:15 AM