Multivitamin making me nauseous?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I just started taking a multivitamin and I've been getting a wave of nausea about an hour after taking it. It sorta feels like a "mini flu" (but manageable) I just wanted to know if anyone knows why this is happening? Is it because I'm a lifelong vegetarian and now I'm getting larger amounts of some vitamins than my body is used too? Is there anything I should take to help with the nausea? Am I being a wimp?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
do u take it at the same time as you take your ephedra? because ephedra makes me feel like that.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It can definitely happen with certain..usually cheaper brands. Things like Zinc oxide or Magnesium oxide can mess with the GI tract as they are not absorbed very well at all.

If you are taking it with food and it's still happening..you might want to switch brands.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
do u take it at the same time as you take your ephedra? because ephedra makes me feel like that.
I've taken ephedra for a few days without feeling sick, but I just started the MV yesterday, and both days (yesterday & today) I've just felt cruddy after taking it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make sure you take it with food. I used to have that problem as a child. I couldn't take anything with Zinc in it. I don't have a problem anymore.

Sometimes I'd use it to stay home from school. I'd drop a multi, and puke about 20 mins later..."Mom, I think I need to stay home. I don't feel so good."

She cought on pretty quick.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I'll try it with food tomorrow. *argh!* Eating is hard enough as it is with ephedra, now I gotta shove a pill down with something I already don't want!

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
multi's should be taken with food anyways do to the fat soluble vites.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I used ast's multi and got a stomach ache damn near everytime I took one even with food .. no idea what the problem was but I feel ya on this one :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I get that way as well so I take them with a snack before I go to bed. Then i sleep through the sick feeling;) Better then not taking it I guess.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Well, at least I'm not the only one who feels this way. Earlier today I was laughing at myself for being able to lift large amounts of weight, but being forced to sit down because of a multivitamin. Don't feel so dumb now... :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, at least I'm not the only one who feels this way. Earlier today I was laughing at myself for being able to lift large amounts of weight, but being forced to sit down because of a multivitamin.
No..you are still a major wuss...I still lift, even while I am puking from the multi...wuss.:dl:

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just started taking a multivitamin and I've been getting a wave of nausea about an hour after taking it. It sorta feels like a "mini flu" (but manageable) I just wanted to know if anyone knows why this is happening? Is it because I'm a lifelong vegetarian and now I'm getting larger amounts of some vitamins than my body is used too? Is there anything I should take to help with the nausea? Am I being a wimp?
I used to get this affect while I was taking "Animal Pak". It got to the point where it would cause indigestion and nausea while in the gym. Once I was off it for a couple days it stopped.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No..you are still a major wuss...I still lift, even while I am puking from the multi...wuss.:dl:
Oh right you do not...you whine like a little girl, I'm done I don't feel good, I want to go home:rasp:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Surprised no one has mentioned Calcium. Well dosed calcium on an empty stomach can beat you down....... bad.

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
I think that something within a product that make you hurl just doesn't agree with you for some reason. I don't know what the reason is. Maybe dose a different multi or separate b vits, and separate minerals. Or dose single items.

Tell us how you go after taking it with food.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so I took my MV with breakfast (4 egg whites, 1 slice of flax/fiber toast, and coffee) at about 8:30am. Felt fine for a couple hours, but during my 3rd class (about 11:30am) I got that same wave of nausea, so I ran down to the vending machine and bought a Minute Maid OJ. This took away the feeling almost as soon as I was done drinking it, and the nausea hasn't returned at all. Maybe my MV just can't sit in my stomach when its empty/semi-empty (thats gonna be difficult on ephedra). Who knows... maybe I should just start taking it at night with my ambien and sleep through it.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depending on brands yes it will make you sick. I see that all the time with patients. Iv gotton people to switch to different brands and have had great success with them.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It should not still have been in your stomach after that long. Are you taking a compressed tablet kind, of capsules MV?

If the former, try the latter.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I bought the cheap Equate compressed ones from Walmart. I compared 'em to ones like centrum and such and they were the exact same stuff, but I dunno - not liking the nausea. Which capsules do you reccommend?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought the cheap Equate compressed ones from Walmart. I compared 'em to ones like centrum and such and they were the exact same stuff, but I dunno - not liking the nausea. Which capsules do you reccommend?
Try NOW's ADAM.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Anything is better than Equate or Centrum. I think switching to anything else that can't be purchased at a grocery store will benefit you greatly. These types of multivitamins are not quality enough for an athlete and most contain synthetic froms of vitamins which aren't required to be labeled as such.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
*Takes bottle and throws it in trash*

I will pick up some ADAM tomorrow.