Reply if you are medicated for high BP

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I posted a different thread about "My Doctors Visit". It explains that I now take a medication for high blood pressure. I was wondering how many others on here take medication for blood pressure. On of the things I am worried about is supplements and blood pressure. I am only drinking protein drinks and super carb, multi-vitimin as of now. Stoped taking creatine, and did notice a drop in strength, so wondering what others take or can take while using BP medications, specifically Hydrochlorot 25mg once a day....

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
bump as I have been diagnosed with mild hypertension but Dr. wants me to adjust diet right now.

illfoo

Awards
I was prescribed a low dose of Benicar about a year and a half ago, but never noticed a significant drop in blood pressure so I stopped taking it. Truthfully, I noticed a more pronounced drop when I regularly took Cycle Support for about a month.

As far as basic supplements go, I have never noticed a significant increase or specific interaction with the medication while I was on it.

The only thing I can specifically remember was slight headaches after taking certain NO type products, which may have indicated a spike in blood pressure, but I never really checked it out. I just stopped taking the product.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I figured any stim product with caffeine is out of the question.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Right, I agree, but what about a creatine product without caffiene in it?
Not sure on creatine since it may raise serum creatinine and blood urea nitrogen (BUN) levels. I'm not sure if creatine does or does not raise these levels, just saying these are 2 factors that docs look at for kidney failure ( a complication from high blood pressure).

A more informed poster can chime in on creatine and it affects on the kidneys.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
twin labs blood pressure control with c-12 peptide worked well for me. Large amounts of potassium will work well but becareful you don't overdose and drop your blood pressure to low. It could kill you.