Cissus Question???

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

Cissus Question???

Can someone clear this up for me? Cissus is supposed to have an anabolic perk due to its ketosterones, right. so if such products like bulk cissus and supercissus only have 5-10% ketosterones, then that means less anabolic perk correct? and primaforce cissus with 40% ketosterones would have a more anabolic effect?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.98%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i remember reading about this before. Im not sure so dont quote me on this.

I think USPlabs stated that lower extracts have more of an anabolic effect. I dont see a lot of higher extact of cissus. I see them go up to 20% and I think the anabolic effects caps off at 20%. I may be completely wrong though. I read a thread on this awhile ago.

I think there is a reason why most companys choose lower extracts of cissus. I dont see most go above 20%

Maybe the higher the extract the more it cost?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    i remember reading about this before. Im not sure so dont quote me on this.

I think USPlabs stated that lower extracts have more of an anabolic effect. I dont see a lot of higher extact of cissus. I see them go up to 20% and I think the anabolic effects caps off at 20%. I may be completely wrong though. I read a thread on this awhile ago.

I think there is a reason why most companys choose lower extracts of cissus. I dont see most go above 20%

Maybe the higher the extract the more it cost?
    ur logic does make sense, if u read primaforces lil cissus discription they make the higher extract seem better tho. u r right tho even AN's cissus is not a higher extract.
    •   

4. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.7%

There are specific ketosterones that are anabolic. Symmetery was produced for the very pupose of isolating said keto's in a concentratic extract. Lower keto counts ie 5-10% appeared to strike the right balance of bone/joint/tendon therapy with the 10% in particular allowing for good results with lower dosing than the 5%. There is more to Cissus than just the ketos and the higher extracts may not perform as well in the therapeutic department and better for anabolism. Without specific studies done between the various extracts I can only really offer conjecture however but I think the feedback for the USP brand speaks to it's effectiveness while not discounting the others.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    There are specific ketosterones that are anabolic. Symmetery was produced for the very pupose of isolating said keto's in a concentratic extract. Lower keto counts ie 5-10% appeared to strike the right balance of bone/joint/tendon therapy with the 10% in particular allowing for good results with lower dosing than the 5%. There is more to Cissus than just the ketos and the higher extracts may not perform as well in the therapeutic department and better for anabolism. Without specific studies done between the various extracts I can only really offer conjecture however but I think the feedback for the USP brand speaks to it's effectiveness while not discounting the others.
    by symmetry, do u mean the symmetry x product. and if i remember right supercissus is a 10% correct? and is it better to take 2 or 3 caps? (i do have a current knee problem)
  6. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.7%

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou32937 View Post
    by symmetry, do u mean the symmetry x product. and if i remember right supercissus is a 10% correct? and is it better to take 2 or 3 caps? (i do have a current knee problem)
    Yes Symmetry X. I would run three or more for the first couple of weeks then taper down to two-three. 2 does me well personally but I take three just in case.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

Yes Symmetry X. I would run three or more for the first couple of weeks then taper down to two-three. 2 does me well personally but I take three just in case.
    thx, u just convinced me to not get Primaforce Cissus
  8. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.7%

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou32937 View Post
    thx, u just convinced me to not get Primaforce Cissus

I am not trying to steer you toward one product or the other. Just answering the question to the best of my knowledge. I am of course bias to USP products being a rep but I will not claim we are the be all and end all of supplements. There are some great companies around here with fantastic and some not so fantastic products. That being said, you can't go wrong with Super Cissus, some good stuff right thar.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%

I am not trying to steer you toward one product or the other. Just answering the question to the best of my knowledge. I am of course bias to USP products being a rep but I will not claim we are the be all and end all of supplements. There are some great companies around here with fantastic and some not so fantastic products. That being said, you can't go wrong with Super Cissus, some good stuff right thar.
    i understand ur point, i was only gonna get primaforce becuase it had more ketosterones, but knowing if they are the anabolic ones and having to sacrifice all other benifits in the process sounds a lil shaky, but thx for ur help
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.25%

I for one can attest to the difference between the 5% and 10% extracts. For whatever reason the 10% had very little theraputic effect at all, whereas the 5% has and continues to work wonders for me theraputically.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

cissus it`s a wonderful product but if we have an injury we must stop training to be 100% recovered .
    I take cissus and the pain lowers but the injury don't recover 100% without rest.
    I go with cissus(10% ket) when I`m out and my recovery is a lot faster...
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.39%

Primaforces worked better for me all around than USP's Cissus or Super Cissus did. I would recommend primaforces. If you do some searching around you will find others who say the same thing. I don't buy into the whole variation of extraction and believe it to be just a marketing tool. When i see studies relevant to these "special" extractions then I will believe.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.84%

I just started taking bulk cissus. Taste is terrible haha.
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.4%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I took the 24% genere extract for 4 weeks and I actually noticed my joints got sorer from being not sore oddly enough. I'm not trying to link cissus to the cause which clearly isn't the case, I'm merely saying that to support the suggestion that the lower % extracts are more therapeutic and the higher % extract may be more anabolic.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

usplabs is needed here...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  158 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.17%