Niacin Flush

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

Niacin Flush

what is this? it says under poseidon that, Due to the increased absorption of this product, you may experience an occasional Niacin Flush.

2. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Got this on a google search

What is a Niacin (Vitamin B3) flush?Niacin flush Vitamin B3 The Niacin ( Vitamin B3 ) flush helps clear out cholesterol and toxins stored in the fat tissue.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.11%

so what does it mean to flush is it gonna give you some side effects when it happends or what, whats going on when that happends visualy? or is that like the runs???
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

you should have searched it up. I think you get red and feel hot with rashes or something like that.
  5. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.19%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Niacin is a potent vasodialator, which increases bloodflow to the outer layers of your skin. That's all that's happening when they mention a niacin flush. It's the same thing that happens like when you get embarassed and your face turns red: bloodflow to the outer layers of skin.

What happens is you will break out reddish/pinkish splotches. They feel warm and sometimes itch. It's harmless, and should clear up within 20 minutes. To clear up faster, drink a tall glass of water, and eat something.

If you're still in high school, and looking for a way to get your Mom to call you in sick, take 5 scoops of Poseidon on an empty stomach. Your forehead will feel warm, you'll break out in reddish/pinkish splotches, and become itchy. She'll never suspect a thing
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.01%

Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Niacin is a potent vasodialator, which increases bloodflow to the outer layers of your skin.

What happens is you will break out reddish/pinkish splotches. They feel warm and sometimes itch. It's harmless, and should clear up within 20 minutes. To clear up faster, drink a tall glass of water, and eat something.

If you're still in high school, and looking for a way to get your Mom to call you in sick, take 5 scoops of Poseidon on an empty stomach. Your forehead will feel warm, you'll break out in reddish/pinkish splotches, and become itchy. She'll never suspect a thing
    rofl!

Too bad i finished highschool in june.
  7. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

It's the same thing that happens like when you get embarassed and your face turns red: bloodflow to the outer layers of skin.
    what causes that then? adrenaline??
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.29%

It's an involuntary reaction of the sympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for our "fight or flight" response, but blushing is solely triggered by social cues.
    People generally blush when they're feeling embarrassed, scared, or stressed. As a result of the "fight or flight" response, the capillaries that carry blood to the skin widen, and the increased blood flow lends the face, as well as sometimes the chest, neck, or even the body or legs, a reddened color.

So yes TripDizzle, same pathways.
  9. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

Quote Originally Posted by matthew76 View Post
    It's an involuntary reaction of the sympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for our "fight or flight" response, but blushing is solely triggered by social cues.
    People generally blush when they're feeling embarrassed, scared, or stressed. As a result of the "fight or flight" response, the capillaries that carry blood to the skin widen, and the increased blood flow lends the face, as well as sometimes the chest, neck, or even the body or legs, a reddened color.

So yes TripDizzle, same pathways.
    Reps brother,i was always currious why people blushed.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  10. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

So is this a healthy thing?? Increase of bloodflow to the skin???
  11. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.19%

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    It might be adrenaline and noradrenaline doing this. They cause all sorts of weird ****, constricting blood vessels here, and opening them up over there, yada yada yada. All part of the cleverly designed "fight or flight" mechanism. Likely, to increase blood flow to the head (where most people's brain is). You actually experience this to a slight degree (reddening of the face) if you drink too much coffee because of the caffeine.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  12. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

It might be adrenaline and noradrenaline doing this. They cause all sorts of weird ****, constricting blood vessels here, and opening them up over there, yada yada yada. All part of the cleverly designed "fight or flight" mechanism. Likely, to increase blood flow to the head (where most people's brain is). You actually experience this to a slight degree (reddening of the face) if you drink too much coffee because of the caffeine.
    wow.....it makes sense then. Increase blood to the brain in times of question. I notice when i drink to much coffee i loose blood flow to my extremities(hands and feet become cold).....why is this? It seems caffiene does this all the time to me......when normally i have very good circulation to my hands and feet.....they always sweat like a mofo,and are hot!!
  13. Recovering AXoholic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.19%

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    wow.....it makes sense then. Increase blood to the brain in times of question. I notice when i drink to much coffee i loose blood flow to my extremities(hands and feet become cold).....why is this? It seems caffiene does this all the time to me......when normally i have very good circulation to my hands and feet.....they always sweat like a mofo,and are hot!!
    I'm guessing it's just selective vasoconstriction, much like with adrenaline/noradrenaline. The body constricts bloodflow here, to potentiate the increased bloodflow there.

Think of it like this: Water flows into two pipes. Cover one of the pipes up. What happens to the water in the other pipe?
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog;
    No. Histamine! The release of histamine triggers the dilation of blood vessels, an event that is beneficial to blood circulation. For this reason, some people take niacin before sex, for instance, to help increase the so-called natural sex flush. This serves to enhance orgasm, as a substantial amount of histamine is released during orgasm.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  15. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    No. Histamine! The release of histamine triggers the dilation of blood vessels, an event that is beneficial to blood circulation. For this reason, some people take niacin before sex, for instance, to help increase the so-called natural sex flush. This serves to enhance orgasm, as a substantial amount of histamine is released during orgasm.
    So, your body releases histimine when you get embarrassed?
  16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

So is this a healthy thing?? Increase of bloodflow to the skin???
    Niacin, especially in its form as nicotinic acid, not nicotinamide or niacinamide, can produce an expansion of blood vessels, creating a feeling known as the "niacin flush", a completely harmless sensation, indicating improved blood flow. The flush can produce a redness of the skin.

Specifically, large organs in the body obtain their supply of blood, and therefore oxygen and nutrients, from large arteries. The larger parts of the body near the surface, however, get their supply of blood via small blood vessels known as capillaries. These capillaries are so small or narrow that blood cells can only flow through them in a single file. These capillaries may also be so clogged that blood may not be able to flow through them at all. The ingestion of niacin, however, causes these small blood vessels to expand, allowing them to be able to carry two or three blood cells simultaneously. This corresponds to a dramatic increase in blood flow.This dramatic increase in blood flow to the surface of the body produces a "flush" sensation in the skin. Simultaneously, the cells of the small capillaries eliminate toxins during this improved blood flow. The process of elimination of toxins is also interpreted by the cells of the capillaries as being under attack, leading to the production of histamine, a natural substance produced by every cell in the body when it is under attack, or when toxins are being eliminated. The creation of histamine may generate a sort of "itchy" feeling.
    In sum, the niacin flush is a completely harmless event, even if some consider it an unpleasant sensation. There are even recommendations to ingest niacin before copulation to heighten the experience of orgasm.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.29%

So, your body releases histimine when you get embarrassed?
    Niacin-induced flush (and its visual manifestations) is triggered by histamine release. The body can release different hormones during "embarrassment", depending on the cause of the embarrassment. "Embarrassment" may be see as a sort of subtle response to a stressor. People react to stressors differently. When someone perceives a stressor as a challenge to one's mastery or control of a given situation, norepinephrine, the "fight" hormone, is mostly released. If the stressor continues and the individual senses a possible loss of mastery of control over the situation, epinephrine, a "flight/anxiety" hormone, is released. If, however, the stressor continues to affect the individual, and the individual senses defeat, the hypothalamus in the brain is activated. A complex chain of events is triggered, finally leading to the release of cortisol by from adrenal cortex of the kidney.
    So, what is released depends on at what stage of this cascade "embarrassment" sets in, or what, in fact caused the embarrassment.
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.29%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove;
    Niacin, especially in its form as nicotinic acid, not nicotinamide or niacinamide, can produce an expansion of blood vessels, creating a feeling known as the "niacin flush", a completely harmless sensation, indicating improved blood flow. The flush can produce a redness of the skin.

Specifically, large organs in the body obtain their supply of blood, and therefore oxygen and nutrients, from large arteries. The larger parts of the body near the surface, however, get their supply of blood via small blood vessels known as capillaries. These capillaries are so small or narrow that blood cells can only flow through them in a single file. These capillaries may also be so clogged that blood may not be able to flow through them at all. The ingestion of niacin, however, causes these small blood vessels to expand, allowing them to be able to carry two or three blood cells simultaneously. This corresponds to a dramatic increase in blood flow.This dramatic increase in blood flow to the surface of the body produces a "flush" sensation in the skin. Simultaneously, the cells of the small capillaries eliminate toxins during this improved blood flow. The process of elimination of toxins is also interpreted by the cells of the capillaries as being under attack, leading to the production of histamine, a natural substance produced by every cell in the body when it is under attack, or when toxins are being eliminated. The creation of histamine may generate a sort of "itchy" feeling.
    In sum, the niacin flush is a completely harmless event, even if some consider it an unpleasant sensation. There are even recommendations to ingest niacin before copulation to heighten the experience of orgasm.
    I just wanted to add that the "niacin flush" is different from a similar sensation you experience after you consume beta-alanine.

There is no beta-alanine "flush" in the sense of the skin turning red. There is a tingling (called paraethesia) or itching of the skin. This is not an allergic reaction. It is a normal body reaction to the consumption of beta alanine, once the compound has been absorbed into the blood stream. The precise mechanism here is not fully known. However, there are two theories.
    1) The tingling is initiated by beta alanine binding to nerve receptors. These nerve receptors are excited, making them fire off at random. The situation of many of these nerve cells just below the surface of the skin creates a prickling, pins-and-needles, sensation at certain spots on the skin. 2) As a nitric-oxide potentiator (not generator), beta Alanine magnifies the action of nitric oxide, making its effects stronger and longer-lasting. Consequently, after the consumption of beta alanine, when the body produces nitric oxide, its effects will be amplified, making us feel the extra blood flowing through the capillaries close to the surface of the skin.

The intensity of the tingling is dose-dependent and ceases after serum beta-alanine levels are saturated.

Neither the niacin flush nor the beta-alanine tingling sensation should be a cause for worry.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.61%

Niacin is a potent vasodialator, which increases bloodflow to the outer layers of your skin. That's all that's happening when they mention a niacin flush. It's the same thing that happens like when you get embarassed and your face turns red: bloodflow to the outer layers of skin.

Finally my age is helpful to me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
  2. niacin flush on vasocharge?
    By HPatel650 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 09:06 PM
  3. Help My first Niacin flush
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 07:07 AM