Creatine and Creatine Monohydrate?

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
what is the difference between creatine, creatine ester and creatine monohydrate... what is the best for a 17 year old to take and how should it be taken

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is the difference between creatine, creatine ester and creatine monohydrate... what is the best for a 17 year old to take and how should it be taken
Creatine is the generic compound. Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, and so on are forms of creatine. The standard and simplest form is monohydrate. This form is the oldest and has the most studies for effectiveness behind it. For some though, it causes bloating and other discomfort, so they prefer other forms. The ester form makes for better absorption, although some claim it is not as effective as the monohydrate form. There are also other advanced creatine forms such as malate, gluconate, alpha ketoglutarate and so on. They are all basic creatine bonded with other compounds to produce different levels of bioavailability and effectiveness.
If you try the monohydrate form and do not get bloats from it, you may want to stick with it. Dosage is usually about 3g daily pre-workout. On non-workout days, too. On an empty stomach. You may want to cycle it.

Inchamery

Inchamery

Awards
Creatine is the generic compound. Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, and so on are forms of creatine. The standard and simplest form is monohydrate. This form is the oldest and has the most studies for effectiveness behind it. For some though, it causes bloating and other discomfort, so they prefer other forms. The ester form makes for better absorption, although some claim it is not as effective as the monohydrate form. There are also other advanced creatine forms such as malate, gluconate, alpha ketoglutarate and so on. They are all basic creatine bonded with other compounds to produce different levels of bioavailability and effectiveness.
If you try the monohydrate form and do not get bloats from it, you may want to stick with it. Dosage is usually about 3g daily pre-workout. On non-workout days, too. On an empty stomach. You may want to cycle it.
thank you very much man.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
my personal favorite is kre alkalyn. i get no bloat and i get the same results taking a minimal dosage compared to other forms.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've Kre-alkalyn, Creainte Ethyl Ester and Creatine Mono, quit honestly I can't tell the difference between the three. But mono does have the most research backing its effectiveness. Recent studies have shown Creatine Mono to be superior to Ethyl Ester and Kre-Alkalyn. I'm not pushing Mono over the others, because I've spent the last year on Kre-Alkalyn and I'd hate to think I'd been wasting my time and money, but I'm telling it like it is. Mono has been proven to be effective, Ethyle Ester and Kre-Alkalyn are more theory then conclusive studies.