Protein Bar

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
I eat 1 protein bar a day as a meal replacement. I need from 300-400 calories in the bar. I would like about 40grams from protein. I have noticed that most protein bars have more carbs than protein and ALOT of sugar. They seem to have 10grams or so of fat in them too. Any recommendations for protein bars? I've tried "Oh yea!," Big 100 by MetRx, Muscle Milk. All of these bars have roughly 30 grams of protein, lots of sugar and lots of fat. Any suggestions on a better protein bar?

Here's a few that I've seen that look interesting.

Universal Hi-Protein
Calories: 302
Total Fat: 6.5g
Total Carbs: 31g
Fiber: <1g
Sugars: 1g
Sugar Alc: 24g
Protein: 34g

ISS Pro 42
Calories 380
Total Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 38g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 4g
Protein 42g

Sugar Alcohols give me gas I think so the Universal HiProtein might be a problem.

Ideas?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Most protein bars are filled with saturated fats, and sugars. I avoid them unless I'm really in a pinch for a quick snack.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
May not fit your criteria perfectly, but look into VPX Zero Impact bars. I LOVE the Pumpkin Supreme flavor.... and the stats vs. the ingredient list is pretty good.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May not fit your criteria perfectly, but look into VPX Zero Impact bars. I LOVE the Pumpkin Supreme flavor.... and the stats vs. the ingredient list is pretty good.
They are pretty good. I just had one 2day. IMO I dont think it really taste anything like pumpkin,lol. I'm not real sure what it taste like but it is rather tastey

75Show

75Show

Awards
Why not make your own????
I use a recipe from another site I visit, but its
2 tbsp of natty p.b
2 scoop whey
1/2 cup oats

microwave p.b for 1.5 to 2 min and blend up other ingredients mix, add a tiny bit of water until it sticks together nicely and throw it in the fridge for a couple hours or day
then you can add some splenda if you want too or not its optional...
macros:
2 tbsp natty heaven in a jar 200 8 8 16
1/2 cup oats 150 5 27 3
2 scoops whey 227 44 6 3
total 577 57 41 22

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Seriously these are the best bars EVER!