Rookie needs some help

1. Registered User

Rookie needs some help

hey guys, I am 20 years old and looking for a supplement that will give me lean muscle gains with minimal side effects. I have never done any supplements beside the proteins,creatines, and NO supps. I have heard good things about the ANABOLIC XTREME products, especially SUPERDROL ( I know they do not produce that anymore), so I am looking for something along those lines. How is SUPERDROL-NG? I just want some recommendations of some supps (any brand) people had good experiences with.

Just some info about me....I have been lifting for about 4 years and have been lifting seriously for about 2 1/2 years. I am 5'9'' 164 lbs. I am currently lifting 5 times a week with this schedule (I switch up my schedule every 8 weeks):

mon: chest, back,abs
    tues:bis,tris,abs
    wed:shoulders,legs,abs
    thurs:chest, back
    fri:bis,tris, abs

2. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

I guess today is going to be one of those days.
  3. Registered User

yes, yes indeed
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    I guess today is going to be one of those days.
    Just asking for advise, u don't have to be a arrogant prick.
  5. Registered User

Don't take it personally kid, it's just that this sort of question pops up all the time on here, but your a rookie and you came here looking for help. so I'll do it.

First thing; SUperdrol is a methylated steroid and is very powerful, but is very hard on your body. Superdrol NG is not nearly as powerful, and in fact is nothing like superdrol. It's not nearly as bad for you, and if you check the log section, it seems to make a really good preworkout supp, but I don't know how great it is as a lean mass agent.

Second; HOw's your diet? Your at the age the instantly makes me question if your diet is really tight. Nothing is going to put on mass like eating tons of food, and you're at an age where you can pack it back with only positive side effects.

Third: Your program seems like you might be overtraining. I don't know how hard you are working each body part in each session, but if you're doing more than a few sets, you should only train each part once a week. Post your program if you can.

DB2000
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ken2cart1 View Post
    Just asking for advise, u don't have to be a arrogant prick.
    He's not being a pr*ck, hes just saying that many people are asking about these "supplements" without really having any idea of what there getting into. The board is flooded with these questions today. Do your research on superdrol, and post a specific question. You should also research the physiology behind taking an anabolic substance. After you research, if you still have questions ask them and someone will be glad to help. Thats really what the board is for; information and guidence but before we can help you, you have to help yourself.
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    Don't take it personally kid, it's just that this sort of question pops up all the time on here, but your a rookie and you came here looking for help. so I'll do it.

First thing; SUperdrol is a methylated steroid and is very powerful, but is very hard on your body. Superdrol NG is not nearly as powerful, and in fact is nothing like superdrol. It's not nearly as bad for you, and if you check the log section, it seems to make a really good preworkout supp, but I don't know how great it is as a lean mass agent.

Second; HOw's your diet? Your at the age the instantly makes me question if your diet is really tight. Nothing is going to put on mass like eating tons of food, and you're at an age where you can pack it back with only positive side effects.

Third: Your program seems like you might be overtraining. I don't know how hard you are working each body part in each session, but if you're doing more than a few sets, you should only train each part once a week. Post your program if you can.

DB2000
    OK Thanks, I appreciate the help. I am not a rookie to lifting at all, just to the heavy supps. OK so heres my schedule:

(all are 3 sets unless mentioned)

day 1: Chest/back
    incline barbell bench
    wide grip pull ups
    barbell flat bench 4 sets
    wide grip pull downs 4 sets
    decline flies

Day 2: Bis/Tris
    Standing barbell curls 4 sets
    decline skull crushers 4 sets
    rope hammer curls
    rope french curls
    concentration curls 4 sets
    Behind the back forearm rolls

Day 3: Shoulders/legs
    Smith military press 4 sets
    side cable laterals
    squats
    hammer press
    front cable laterals
    leg press
    barbell shrugs 4 sets

Day 4: Chest/back
    incline dumbell 4 sets
    close grip pull downs
    decline barbell
    seated rows
    flat bench flies

Day 5: Bis/ Tris
    Weighted Bench dips
    Incline seated curls 4 sets
    bent bar press downs
    Reverse e-z bar curls
    cable kick back
    Front forearm rolls
    21's burn out

I eat extremely well for my age...no junk food.. here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast- oatmeal and bannana, OJ
    snack- oats bar
    lunch- turkey sandwich maybe Grilled chicken breast
    snack-power bar
    LIFT
    protein shake (isopure)
    Dinner- grilled chicken breasts, viggie, baked potato
    snack-yogurt
    Protein shake before bed (syntha-6)

PLEASE RECOMMEND A SUPPLEMENT THAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU AND DID NOT TAKE TOO MUCH OF A TOLL ON THE BODY.
  8. Registered User

also, i have done some research on the original Superdrol.....From the info i am getting, if taken properly with good liver support and a good pct you will be fine on a 6-8 week cycle.
  9. Registered User

It seems to me that you are over training, but maybe this program really works for you. Everyone is different. You might enjoy experimenting with less work load. Check out the training section on the website for some ideas.

As far as Superdrol is concerned, there's not much out there that's harder on your body. And to be perfectly honest, at your age you shouldn't need to much of anything, let alone SD. But it is your body.

Drive + RPM are fantastic and safe. Jungle warfare is really good, but at your age, I think you'd be better off with Drive/RPM. I have a bunch of bottles of stuff that I haven't got to try yet, so I can't give you a fair recommendation on them.
  10. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor

Drive + RPM is always a good call
    Neovar, Poseidon, and Incarnate would be worthwhile to look into as well, especially if you're looking to create a good foundation. (assuming you already have multivitamins, efa's, etc.)

What supplements do you currently take, if any?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Lanbane View Post
    Drive + RPM is always a good call
    Neovar, Poseidon, and Incarnate would be worthwhile to look into as well, especially if you're looking to create a good foundation. (assuming you already have multivitamins, efa's, etc.)

What supplements do you currently take, if any?
    I just take a multi and fish oil every day. As I mentioned before I take isopure post work out and syntha-6 before bed.
  12. Registered User

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. I think I am going to buy the Applied Nutriceuticals Drive + RPM stack. I read a bunch of logs and everyone of them had positive results. From what I have read from other people's logs, the best thing to do would be to take 2 caps of Drive upon waking up then 2 caps pre-work out, along with 2 or 3 caps of RPM. tell me how this sounds? Also, how many weeks should I use this stack for?
  13. Registered User

That's exctly what you should do. Try to make sure you are taking them on an empty stomach.
  14. Registered User

snack- oats bar
    snack-power bar
    LIFT
    protein shake (isopure)
    snack-yogurt

PLEASE RECOMMEND A SUPPLEMENT THAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU AND DID NOT TAKE TOO MUCH OF A TOLL ON THE BODY.
    you aren't eating extremely well -- you don't have a source of protein in either of your first two meals of the day . . . after sleeping all night and waking up in a catabolic state you need to get some protein into your bloodstream fast
  15. Registered User

OK Thanks, I appreciate the help. I am not a rookie to lifting at all, just to the heavy supps. OK so heres my schedule:

(all are 3 sets unless mentioned)

day 1: Chest/back
    incline barbell bench
    wide grip pull ups
    barbell flat bench 4 sets
    wide grip pull downs 4 sets
    decline flies

Day 2: Bis/Tris
    Standing barbell curls 4 sets
    decline skull crushers 4 sets
    rope hammer curls
    rope french curls
    concentration curls 4 sets
    Behind the back forearm rolls

Day 3: Shoulders/legs
    Smith military press 4 sets
    side cable laterals
    squats
    hammer press
    front cable laterals
    leg press
    barbell shrugs 4 sets

Day 4: Chest/back
    incline dumbell 4 sets
    close grip pull downs
    decline barbell
    seated rows
    flat bench flies

Day 5: Bis/ Tris
    Weighted Bench dips
    Incline seated curls 4 sets
    bent bar press downs
    Reverse e-z bar curls
    cable kick back
    Front forearm rolls
    21's burn out

snack- oats bar
    snack-power bar
    LIFT
    protein shake (isopure)
    snack-yogurt

Eat real food before bed, I prefer cottage cheese because it's a slow digesting protein. Second, you are not eating big enough. Although the diet looks clean, you are going to need alot more food my friend. Do some research of sample bulk diets on bodybuilding.com.

P.S. The search function is your best friend.
  16. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ClintCanada View Post
    you aren't eating extremely well -- you don't have a source of protein in either of your first two meals of the day . . . after sleeping all night and waking up in a catabolic state you need to get some protein into your bloodstream fast
    Would u recommend an isopure shake with breakfast?
  17. Registered User

Instead of shakes all the time, try eating 8-10 egg whites with a cup and a half or so of oats. Then for the second meal take the isopure. If you are trying to gain, up your complex carbs, limit the simple sugars, and make sure protein is the foundation of every meal. Hope that helps!
  18. Registered User

A shake first thing in the morning in my opinion is a great idea because (with whey protein) you get the protein into your bloodstream very quickly. There was another comment about cottage cheese before bed -- this is excellent because it contains casein protein (like a time-release protein). So taking this before bed and whey protein in the morning minimizes the time you are without protein in your bloodstream. Btw Cottage cheese is also high in glutamine which is a staple . . .
    The oats as mentioned are great as well for a carb source -- so an idea for a quick morning meal is a shake with a scoop of whey, a package of instant unsweetened oatmeal. If you want more calories you can use milk as your liquid instead of water, and if bulking even add olive oil . . .
  19. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dancebot 2000 View Post
    That's exctly what you should do. Try to make sure you are taking them on an empty stomach.
    Just the RPM on an empty stomach? or the DRIVE too? How long should I stack these 2 products?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ok guys i need some help with cutting....
    By good_guye28 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:28 PM
  2. My first transdermal cycle, need some help
    By LHDan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:50 PM
  3. Need some help with items for a care package
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 09:23 AM
  4. need some help with WinMX