Creatine: Water hold

Do you hold any water when you take creatine ?

• 0lbs, absolutely no water hold

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 1 lb

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 2 lbs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3 lbs

• 4 lbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 lbs

• 5 lbs+

• Total voters
R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Do you hold water when you take creatine ? (any kind).

I have a tendency to hold close to 5lbs of water when I get on monohydrate. I usually lose the excess water about 5-6 days after the last dose.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
in before the haters...... joking

With mono i think i held a bit but nothing substantial. Maybe a pound or two. Been on CEE for a few months now on and off and i cant say i noticed any bloating etc. When my bottle runs out i think ill be going back to mono. Its cheap and effective.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
in before the haters...... joking

With mono i think i held a bit but nothing substantial. Maybe a pound or two. Been on CEE for a few months now on and off and i cant say i noticed any bloating etc. When my bottle runs out i think ill be going back to mono. Its cheap and effective.
When I tried CEE I held less water as well. I think it wound up being in the area of 2lbs. It was not as effective as monohydrate for me.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Not really, I don't feel or look bloated.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im just going to say 1lb because its possible but honestly my abs look better now then before i got back on monohydrate, and im still eating the same amount. Not really doing anything different so idk. Creatine mono is like steroids for me lol.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah too bad monohydrate affects me the way it does b/c it works, along with the cramping, holding water, and stomach aches.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
im just going to say 1lb because its possible but honestly my abs look better now then before i got back on monohydrate, and im still eating the same amount. Not really doing anything different so idk. Creatine mono is like steroids for me lol.
do you keep taking it on your cycles?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you keep taking it on your cycles?
i have yet to take it on a cycle, next one i will tho. Actually this is the first time in years that i have actually taken my creatine everyday, usually i just blow it off and end up stopping. Being dedicated to it is paying off right now.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i have yet to take it on a cycle, next one i will tho. Actually this is the first time in years that i have actually taken my creatine everyday, usually i just blow it off and end up stopping. Being dedicated to it is paying off right now.
Didn't you say you had some from 3 years ago ?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
It seems to becoming kinda extinct. No one seems to refer it to people anymore. Too many new supps out that people would rather try. I have "blown it off" myself but recently decided to get back on it after spending too much money on crappy 30 day cycles of various ineffective supps .

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't you say you had some from 3 years ago ?
yeah i did but i used that in some shakes a while back. I have some good cheap stuff now that im using. I use about 10-15grams a day.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It seems to becoming kinda extinct. No one seems to refer it to people anymore. Too many new supps out that people would rather try. I have "blown it off" myself but recently decided to get back on it after spending too much money on crappy 30 day cycles of various ineffective supps .
i hear yah mate ;)..... gotta go back to the tried and true, its cheap as fvck too, cant go wrong in my book!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Mono makes me feel as bloated as Dbol. (I've never touched it just for a comparison ;) )

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yeah i did but i used that in some shakes a while back. I have some good cheap stuff now that im using. I use about 10-15grams a day.
shakes ? I thought you said that you put it in your food ?

J

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I hold water but I look at it as a good thing. I don't notice any sub-q water but my pecs always swell up nicely.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
So I guess not many people use creatine, esp with all the new stuff out there. hm.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I think the fact thats is about $20 for a kg which would last you ages puts people off. "if its that cheap it cant be that good"..........and it aint in fancy coloured bottles either.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isn't it actually documented in studies that it causes intra-muscular water gain?

I gain weight when on, but don't look bloated at all.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I usually do 5g upon waking up in the morning, and 5g pre-workout.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i tried the dosing different like post workout, or preworkout, early morning, etc, etc.

I think it just really matters that you get 10g+ every 24 hrs whenever.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i tried the dosing different like post workout, or preworkout, early morning, etc, etc.

I think it just really matters that you get 10g+ every 24 hrs whenever.
I agree, with one serving comming around workout time. Have you tried going over 10gr/day? I noticed a huge difference in strength and muscle fullness when I bumped up the dailt totals

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I agree, with one serving comming around workout time. Have you tried going over 10gr/day? I noticed a huge difference in strength and muscle fullness when I bumped up the dailt totals
I've ran 15g-20g before on monohydrate. What I've noticed is that the higher I increase my dosing the more cramping specifically I get.

The water, bloating, everything else stays the same, but my amount of cramping keeps going up. In particular, I get bad cramping in my forearms and quads.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've ran 15g-20g before on monohydrate. What I've noticed is that the higher I increase my dosing the more cramping specifically I get.

The water, bloating, everything else stays the same, but my amount of cramping keeps going up. In particular, I get bad cramping in my forearms and quads.
That's rough. I just notice a little increase in bloat but I dont care about bloat in the least bit. Infact my dad always *****ed at me in HS about trying to be lean around spring time (baseball season). He would say "How in the hell is your fancing 6 pack whatever gonna help you hit a 95mph fastball???"

Surpriseingly he had a point, so for my purposes It's fine wit me

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
of course you hold water when you take creatine.....

if you know how creatine works, this is obvious.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
of course you hold water when you take creatine.....

if you know how creatine works, this is obvious.
Not if you hold water, but HOW much.

I believe that is also relates to your BF %. The higher bodyfat %, the more water you will hold.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I believe that is also relates to your BF %. The higher bodyfat %, the more water you will hold.
Not to sure on that. When Im bulking at between 12-15% I hold 3-4lbs of water. When Im in peak condition of about 7-9% i stil hold 3-4lbs and look soft.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
That would be an interesting study to preform to see how bodyfat affects intracellular 'swelling'.

R

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The more bodyfat you have the more apparent water weight would be I'd think. Just an illusion perhaps?
Well, the fatter you are, the 'larger' your fat cells are which I would assume would draw in more water b/c they have the capacity to do so.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You "believe?" As in you have no basis or backing for this theory?? :confused:

Well, the fatter you are, the 'larger' your fat cells are which I would assume would draw in more water b/c they have the capacity to do so.
You "assume" :eek: I hope you don't base your supplementation around assumptions.

Care to cite some sources of where this is true?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fightnews Supplements 3
6 Supplements 15
damn shame Supplements 5
R Supplements 10
O Supplements 18