can you take a "cutting" supplement while bulking?

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts are it could assist you in keeping fat gain lower, but perhaps the reality is it just makes it that much harder for you to "bulk".

Would that be completely asinine?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts are it could assist you in keeping fat gain lower, but perhaps the reality is it just makes it that much harder for you to "bulk".

Would that be completely asinine?
people do it all the time with halo.

people also use clen as a workout stim.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
people do it all the time with halo.

people also use clen as a workout stim.

Clen as workout stimulant? At what dose? Does it work?
I guess you can't do it all the time because of long half life of clen.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sesathin/Sesamin Oil is a great aid to keep fat loss low on a bulk.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Sesathin/Sesamin Oil is a great aid to keep fat loss low on a bulk.
I meant more in line with shred XS, leviathan, scorch sort of products. Thermos/stims.

Sesathin is always in my fridge, and egcg is always popped in the morning.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well people say it defeats the purpose if it increases your metabolic rate then you would be burning more cals and need even more to bulk. If you want to keep fat gain low on a bulk the best way would be to adjust diet. To me there is bulking, cutting, and maintenance lean bulk/slow bulk. There is no in betweens so if you want to straight bulk you need to make up your mind to do so, you waste cutting supplements and bulking supplements when you mix the two.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the best thing to do is to take these products before fasted cardio in the morning. Just because you're on a bulk doesn't mean you can't keep your fat gain minimal with fasted cardio.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
from what I have read I would go with leviathan as well

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
well people say it defeats the purpose if it increases your metabolic rate then you would be burning more cals and need even more to bulk. If you want to keep fat gain low on a bulk the best way would be to adjust diet. To me there is bulking, cutting, and maintenance lean bulk/slow bulk. There is no in betweens so if you want to straight bulk you need to make up your mind to do so, you waste cutting supplements and bulking supplements when you mix the two.
:goodpost:

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i agree with PP on that. It does defeat the purpose. But just an FYI, some bodybuilders take T3 (thyroid hormone) during bulks. They say it supposedly helps to keep the fat off during a bulk. I just think it slows down bulking progression.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i agree with PP on that. It does defeat the purpose. But just an FYI, some bodybuilders take T3 (thyroid hormone) during bulks. They say it supposedly helps to keep the fat off during a bulk. I just think it slows down bulking progression.
when your putting excess calories into your body your trying to grow. By allowing fat burners in it doesnt help keep your bulk clean, but rather hinder your gains. If you somehow consume 3500 calories and fatburners help to lose weight, then you are actually consuming less calories. I think a lot of people get the misconception that by taking a fat burner it will target "fat" so I can just kinda eat whatever as long as im on _____. When you cut you adjust your macro breakdown basically. Bulking requires somewhat of a 50/40/10 breakdown of carbs protiens and fats. Now cutting macro differs. Now assuming that fat burners cut down the calories you would still never the less end up with a 50/40/10 breakdown of calories. Just less of it. So assuming fat burners work to reduce calorie intake a sloppy diet of 40/30/30 or whatever would Still be 40. Will it slow down the fat gains? yeah most likely to some degree but it will also hinder gains. You cant take a fat burner and expect it to aim specifically at one breakdown of calorie.

Lots of people assume so. Now I havent done any "research" on this area but it just makes sense logically if you think about it. Fat burners do not just target fat. They target your overall breakdown so when cutting people adjust their macro breakdowns for results.

Anyone get my point o.0? Im having a hard time explaining my logic. :rofl:

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Well what about the promotion of lypolisis? The marketing (er "science") in a lot of these products would leave one to believe they specifically promote lipolysis, while encouraging muscle retention.

hence comments like "take it before fasted cardio".

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
when your putting excess calories into your body your trying to grow. By allowing fat burners in it doesnt help keep your bulk clean, but rather hinder your gains. If you somehow consume 3500 calories and fatburners help to lose weight, then you are actually consuming less calories. I think a lot of people get the misconception that by taking a fat burner it will target "fat" so I can just kinda eat whatever as long as im on _____. When you cut you adjust your macro breakdown basically. Bulking requires somewhat of a 50/40/10 breakdown of carbs protiens and fats. Now cutting macro differs. Now assuming that fat burners cut down the calories you would still never the less end up with a 50/40/10 breakdown of calories. Just less of it. So assuming fat burners work to reduce calorie intake a sloppy diet of 40/30/30 or whatever would Still be 40. Will it slow down the fat gains? yeah most likely to some degree but it will also hinder gains. You cant take a fat burner and expect it to aim specifically at one breakdown of calorie.

Lots of people assume so. Now I havent done any "research" on this area but it just makes sense logically if you think about it. Fat burners do not just target fat. They target your overall breakdown so when cutting people adjust their macro breakdowns for results.

Anyone get my point o.0? Im having a hard time explaining my logic. :rofl:

im fully aware of your point. i was just saying sum people do it. i personally know its a waste of food.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
You can use fat burners, but maybe try them at a LOWER dosage, either of DCP or Leviathan on their own, or together would help with strength and help prevent bodyfat gain on a bulk. However, you better make sure you're EATING enough to be putting on weight. Otherwise you may instead be recomping, which this stack is also great for.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The issue with stimulant like fat burners to stave off fat gain during a bulk is that they can have an adverse effect of your glycogen uptake and retention, which will obviously hinder your growth potential.

If stimulants are used for pre w/o energy and limited to that purpose it is likely not a deterrent to gaining muscle mass. But used throughout the day and for a long period of trying to gain LBM it may potentiate the weight being fat(ter) weight and less LBM.

Regardless, you really can only accrue so much LBM in a period of time regardless of what you eat so it is best to be wise and or use cardio.

In my experience (take it for what it is worth) nutrient partioning supplements like sesathin, FL7 (trandermal 7-OXO), fish oil and ALA serve this better and promote overall health at the same time.

JMO

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i speak from personal experience. I saw too much fat lose when i threw in full dose of leviathan. thats mainly why I have my opened bottle in the first place.