has anyone found optimum nutritions Apple Cider, Pumpkin Pie, Eggnog, and Gingerbread

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in a store? or anywhere besides their site? I'd buy 1 of each to try em, but at $36 for 2lbs on their site its pretty expensive. Anyone have coupon codes for their site maybe?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
are they any good first of all? sounds like they are o.o

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL-

I'd greatly appriciate it if you could show us weekly updates of your supplement stash, b/c I'm sure it resembles something of a small nutrition store by now. lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
are they any good first of all? sounds like they are o.o
no idea, they just came out a couple weeks ago. I can't find em anywhere other than ONs site, and $36 + $7 shipping is brutal for 2lbs of whey

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL-

I'd greatly appriciate it if you could show us weekly updates of your supplement stash, b/c I'm sure it resembles something of a small nutrition store by now. lol.
he probably has his own store. :toofunny:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://www.prbuzz.com/enjoy-1-selling-100-whey-gold-standard-in-4-new-seasonal-flavors-11589.html

Nov 08, 2007 -- /prbuzz/ --FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Enjoy #1 Selling 100%
Whey Gold Standard™
In 4 New Seasonal Flavors

AURORA, Illinois, November 6th – Optimum Nutrition (ON) announces four exciting new seasonal flavors for the sports nutrition industry’s most popular whey protein. 100% Whey Gold Standard™ is now available in 2-pound containers of Apple Cider, Pumpkin Pie, Eggnog, and Gingerbread Cookie – but only while quantities last. These holiday-themed flavors complement an impressive list of 15 existing flavors and provide customers with an even broader range of choices for making superior quality protein shakes.

“For over a decade, 100% Whey Gold Standard™ has been the gold standard supplement for bodybuilders, strength athletes, and anyone who’s serious about health and fitness,” said Phil Brown, food scientist with ON in Aurora. “Now they can mix up a shake with these new seasonal flavors the same way they mix up their routine at the gym.”

Optimum Nutrition’s position of industry leadership is based on listening to customers, researching the latest science and implementing strict quality controls over every step of the company’s GMP-approved in-house manufacturing operation. As a result, the taste, texture, mixability and purity are incredibly consistent. All flavors of 100% Whey Gold Standard™ provide 24 grams of pure whey protein per serving from four distinct sources including cross-flow and ion-exchange whey protein isolates, whey protein concentrate, and hydrolyzed whey peptides.

Founded in 1987, Optimum Nutrition is a leading manufacturer of premium nutritional supplements. Recognized for quality and innovation, the company maintains two distinct brands – Optimum Nutrition and American Body Building – each offering a comprehensive product line. ON owns and operates four state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and strategically located distribution centers across the United States.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think they sent any out to other distributors. I cant find them anywhere besides their site. Probably so limited right now they dont have enough to send out, at least not yet.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
So is that a 'no' on the updates then or what ?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Sound like a thanksgiving special on the flavors. I don't know how hot Pumpkin pie or Apple cider would taste for a protein.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
yeah and what good is eggnog if there's no Bourbon in it?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I do know that one flavor will ONLY be available at Vitamin Shoppe. Not sure which flavor it is though..

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I'm not gonna lie, I bet they could spice up the apple cider to make it taste awesome.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do know that one flavor will ONLY be available at Vitamin Shoppe. Not sure which flavor it is though..
Gingerbread :) I've found the other 3 flavors and ordered them thanks to another member pm'ing me. So I just gotta wait for that dang vitamin shoppe to get the gingerbread in...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I should change the title to "I now have all 4 flavors" :D

The gingerbread is great! its extra great mixed with coffee ;) The other flavors just arrived today, so I haven't tried em yet. but will soon

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
ooo you need to do a write up of all of them. How long are they going to be available?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they didn't say. pumpkin pie was nice, but not really pumpkiny. Pretty close to the gingerbread flavor honestly. nice tho

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm now interested in trying a few of these.

Have you tried the eggnog yet? If so, how is it?

I'll be doing a 4-week cycle of Epistane, alongside Anabolic Pump. That'll be a couple of weeks from now. I made a custom mix, which is gonna cost me $16 per pound. I'm on a tight budget enough as it is, for the upcoming month since I'm stocking up on everything I'll need for my cycle. Then during my 4 weeks of cycling, I'm gonna be stocking up on everything I need for PCT.

Anyways; if I am 205 lbs, and you must consume 1g of protein per pound of body weight, then how many pounds of whey should I stock up on for the month? Any idea? I did some math and ended up figuring out about 6,000-something grams to be spread throughout 30 days.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
should get as much as possible from whole foods. for the 200g I target a day, I try to not take in more than 50~75g from shakes, the rest from whole foods. I just bought all 4 flavors cause they are limited :) I've had weeks where I didn't take in any whey.

So its kinda hard to say, you need to subtract out how much will be whole food first

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
I'm now interested in trying a few of these.

Have you tried the eggnog yet? If so, how is it?

I'll be doing a 4-week cycle of Epistane, alongside Anabolic Pump. That'll be a couple of weeks from now. I made a custom mix, which is gonna cost me $16 per pound. I'm on a tight budget enough as it is, for the upcoming month since I'm stocking up on everything I'll need for my cycle. Then during my 4 weeks of cycling, I'm gonna be stocking up on everything I need for post cycle therapy.

Anyways; if I am 205 lbs, and you must consume 1g of protein per pound of body weight, then how many pounds of whey should I stock up on for the month? Any idea? I did some math and ended up figuring out about 6,000-something grams to be spread throughout 30 days.
one 2 lb tub lasts me just about 30 days hittin it twice a day

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, it'll cost about $60 or so, for about 5 lbs of my custom mix. I should be set. Thanks, guys.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Haven't seen any of those yet, but someone got me a sample of Root Beer Float flavor and it was disgusting...and I love root beer so that says something!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haven't seen any of those yet, but someone got me a sample of Root Beer Float flavor and it was disgusting...and I love root beer so that says something!
Root Beer Float-flavored whey would taste amazing. Well, you'd think so anyway. It really does sound great, though. The idea.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw orange creamsicle as a flavor from someone, eventually i'll have to try that one :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I saw orange creamsicle as a flavor from someone, eventually i'll have to try that one :D
Orange Dreamsicle from GF Pro... how I love that. Raspberry Lemonade was a big letdown considering I love both those flavours separately. I still don't know what went wrong, except that it's still sitting on my cupboard lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
finally got around to trying the apple cider. damn is it good. they really got the taste right, its just like a lightly spiced cider.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
easy where did you get the apple cider? I think that's what I'll order next

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just received some samples for ON's Vanilla Chai Protein... It's actually pretty good!

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
the apple cider protein got old quick... im stickin with my trusty chocolate

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I actually just switched from ON to ATW - I've been a straight ON chocolate person forever because it's so smooth and the price (was) good... But after sampling ATW's protein, you can't beat the price or ingredient profile!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just received some samples for ON's Vanilla Chai Protein... It's actually pretty good!
oh damn, that does sound nice. I agree with you on the ATW chocolate. I've been buying either EAS from sams, or house brand from GNC or vitamin shoppe for plain chocolate, but no more :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
care to pm me or something where you got the samples from? i like chai tea and vanilla chai whey sounds good.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The troll board... BB. c o m

I'm not a huge fan of flavored protein, but I kind of like it.

care to pm me or something where you got the samples from? i like chai tea and vanilla chai whey sounds good.

imbluenote

Awards
how was the eggnog?

EasyEJL:
Did you try the eggnog? how was it? i saw this online but i was looking for a review before I spent 25 bucks for 2lbs of whey. I'd like to have something different other than the std. vanilla chocolate, etc. but not if it tastes bad.
Thanks for the feedback.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
eh the eggnog was just ok. really the pumpkin pie was the king of the 4. I'm used to the southern comfort brand eggnog, so this didn't quite meet expectations :) still it was a nice change from normal flavors.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
eh the eggnog was just ok. really the pumpkin pie was the king of the 4. I'm used to the southern comfort brand eggnog, so this didn't quite meet expectations :) still it was a nice change from normal flavors.
I thought the exact opposite. I didn't like pumpkin pie period.

I did like the eggnog. Not as good as Muscle Milk eggnog - but taking the price per serving into account - I'd buy ON's eggnog again.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
the gingerbread is awesome. I ate 2 pounds of it, and plan on buying 2 pounds more at least.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought the exact opposite. I didn't like pumpkin pie period.

I did like the eggnog. Not as good as Muscle Milk eggnog - but taking the price per serving into account - I'd buy ON's eggnog again.
part of the thing with the pumpkin pie may be that a couple of times I used it as a post workout drink with a piece of actual pumpkin pie blended in :D

rugrat5288

Awards
2 scoops vanilla chai 2 cups water or skim milk 1/2 or 3/4 cup quick oats blend until smooth. yummm.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
in a store? or anywhere besides their site? I'd buy 1 of each to try em, but at $36 for 2lbs on their site its pretty expensive. Anyone have coupon codes for their site maybe?
VS has eggnog for 21.99 i believe

imbluenote

Awards
thanks for all the replies...I think I'll try the eggnog, and maybe the gingerbread...but i do like the idea of the pumpkin pie with a slice of pie though! Bodybulding.com has it for 21.99/2 lbs., as well as others i believe.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
part of the thing with the pumpkin pie may be that a couple of times I used it as a post workout drink with a piece of actual pumpkin pie blended in :D
Easy come on i thought you were trying to lose weight!!!