Cytosport going under???

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Cytosport going under???


    I went to a local vitamin shoppe and I bought some Cytogainer. The guy at the cash told me Cytosport was going under because they discovered that they were making false claims on Muscle Milk and it actually has way more sugar than listed and even a little more fat. It was also found to only have like 20g of protein he said. Is this BS or is it true?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by srx600 View Post
    I went to a local vitamin shoppe and I bought some Cytogainer. The guy at the cash told me Cytosport was going under because they discovered that they were making false claims on Muscle Milk and it actually has way more sugar than listed and even a little more fat. It was also found to only have like 20g of protein he said. Is this BS or is it true?
    I doubt it. Even if this was true, it would not put the company out of business... 'Muscle Milk" is a household name and CS is one the biggest sources of protein.

  3. I doubt it too. MM has created such a name that it's hard to find places without it. Not that it's profile is optimal, but it is popular. And the root beer float flavor is pretty tasty.
    •   
       


  4. Muscle Milk is HUGEEEE

  5. yeah word.
    guy was probably yanking your chain to sell some protien.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by srx600 View Post
    I went to a local vitamin shoppe and I bought some Cytogainer. The guy at the cash told me Cytosport was going under because they discovered that they were making false claims on Muscle Milk and it actually has way more sugar than listed and even a little more fat. It was also found to only have like 20g of protein he said. Is this BS or is it true?
    hate to break the news to you but if you test all the protein powders out there, 90%+ of them will not meet label claims and have 2x as much sugar than the listed amount.

    i agree, my grandma asked me if i wanted some musclemilk for christmas this year instead of baked cookies ...thats how common of a name it has become

  7. Quote Originally Posted by ralph4u2c View Post
    hate to break the news to you but if you test all the protein powders out there, 90%+ of them will not meet label claims and have 2x as much sugar than the listed amount.

    i agree, my grandma asked me if i wanted some musclemilk for christmas this year instead of baked cookies ...thats how common of a name it has become

  8. I wondered what the big deal was with Muscle Milk, so today I tried 2 of them at the Gym. Banana Creme flavor, then I tried Mocha Flavor. Really the taste isn't that great, I wouldn't spend money on a jug of the protein. Why does everyone love it so much?. I'm thankfull I could try the RTDs because the taste just is not that great.

  9. If muscle milk doesn't taste good for you then no protein will, imho. I only have a limited number of types I can stomach but MM mixed with milk is very good.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I wondered what the big deal was with Muscle Milk, so today I tried 2 of them at the Gym. Banana Creme flavor, then I tried Mocha Flavor. Really the taste isn't that great, I wouldn't spend money on a jug of the protein. Why does everyone love it so much?. I'm thankfull I could try the RTDs because the taste just is not that great.
    Are you sick man?!!!! MM Banana Creme is BY FAR one of the best tasting shakes I have had!! I could chug that sh!t all day long! I am not currently using it, as I ma trying to get all of my protein from food, but as far as taste goes, MM is pretty damn good!

  11. I like other brands better. Syntrax Matrix 5.0 is what I'm currently using. I also really liked ALRI Lipolytic Whey.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I like other brands better. Syntrax Matrix 5.0 is what I'm currently using. I also really liked ALRI Lipolytic Whey.


    the name that should not be mentioned!

  13. I love my work out maximizer with ice. That is the only after work out shake i can actually down and really gets me recovered fast. MM has had some wishy washy stuff imo. I used there stuff many times and got zero results from them. I mean several bottles of the stuff. In march i will find out what companies are sticking around for the year at the health show.

  14. He probably doesn't like MM b/c he bought an RTD. I tried a couple of them and they were borderline disgusting.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I love my work out maximizer with ice. That is the only after work out shake i can actually down and really gets me recovered fast. MM has had some wishy washy stuff imo. I used there stuff many times and got zero results from them. I mean several bottles of the stuff. In march i will find out what companies are sticking around for the year at the health show.

    Dj, what do you mean by results?. The only result I ever expect from drinking a protein drink is more total protein in my diet. Do you expect more from a protein supplement?
  16. RTD's


    I have tried the RTD's, then tried the powder in the jug and the powder is way better than the RTD's. The RTD's seem to have an off taste as far as I am concerned.

  17. Orange Creme is the SHIIIZZZZNET!

    But I'll buy Orange Dreams by Ergo before MM!

  18. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Dj, what do you mean by results?. The only result I ever expect from drinking a protein drink is more total protein in my diet. Do you expect more from a protein supplement?
    lol.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by srx600 View Post
    I have tried the RTD's, then tried the powder in the jug and the powder is way better than the RTD's. The RTD's seem to have an off taste as far as I am concerned.
    Ditto. Powder form > RTD. With the RTD you get some not-so-great fillers in the form of shelf stabilizers.

    If possible always opt for powder. I only use RTDs as a last resort.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by beallio View Post
    Ditto. Powder form > RTD. With the RTD you get some not-so-great fillers in the form of shelf stabilizers.

    If possible always opt for powder. I only use RTDs as a last resort.
    I did enjoy the muscle milk a whole lot. really good with water, even better with milk. Too bad I broke out like crazy from the WPC.

  21. MMMM I love the mocha. Even my kids love MM. I have to fight them at the gym every time I leave because they want one.

  22. maybe I'm just biased based upon the flavors I've tried, but I think the RTDs are much better than the powder MM. I think the RTD Chocolate Milk is delicious, and bought a tub of it only to be disgusted with the taste.
  23. Exclamation Um No!


    Quote Originally Posted by srx600 View Post
    I went to a local vitamin shoppe and I bought some Cytogainer. The guy at the cash told me Cytosport was going under because they discovered that they were making false claims on Muscle Milk and it actually has way more sugar than listed and even a little more fat. It was also found to only have like 20g of protein he said. Is this BS or is it true?
    Seriously? Ok the guy at the vitamin world shop is a complete and utter jackass, and btw if that is his selling approach (talk one company down so you go with another) than he needs to find a different profession. Cytosport is not going under anytime soon...this is a company that has been around for a long time. Nuff said!

    On another note....F'ing nutrition store morons piss me off...they don't know their elbow from their ass! Seriously the ignorance is unbelieveable...there is this little technique called research that might help...the idiots like you mentioned need to try it and educate themselves!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

  24. I doubt they're going out of business but I've been hearing that same muscle milk rumor for a while now tho.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by idelaluzi View Post
    maybe I'm just biased based upon the flavors I've tried, but I think the RTDs are much better than the powder MM. I think the RTD Chocolate Milk is delicious, and bought a tub of it only to be disgusted with the taste.
    dude how can RTDs be better when you can make your own mixture....more milk, more powder, less etc...that makes no sense to me unless you feel like you need to follow the directions for mixing?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    I did enjoy the muscle milk a whole lot. really good with water, even better with milk. Too bad I broke out like crazy from the WPC.
    broke out from whey concentrate?.... never heard of that before...

  27. I think the best tasting protein powder I've had so far was Syntha-6 by BSN.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    broke out from whey concentrate?.... never heard of that before...
    yeah, for some reason i dont handle WPC well. I assume it's a type of allergic reaction? Isolate is fine for me though.

  29. Anyone else tried Muscle Milk N Oats?

    I tried one a while back - paid the stupid amount for one at some local supp shop. LOVED it.

    I've since bought probably 50 to 60 of them through D-P-S.
    ($2 per.)

    The apple cinnamon and blueberry are damn good. Banana walnut is ok - but still better than any oatmeal out there.

    I take one to work to have in the morning between my first meal and lunch - because it's fast.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Anyone else tried Muscle Milk N Oats?

    I tried one a while back - paid the stupid amount for one at some local supp shop. LOVED it.

    I've since bought probably 50 to 60 of them through D-P-S.
    ($2 per.)

    The apple cinnamon and blueberry are damn good. Banana walnut is ok - but still better than any oatmeal out there.

    I take one to work to have in the morning between my first meal and lunch - because it's fast.
    o yeah, that stuff is really good

  31. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Anyone else tried Muscle Milk N Oats?

    I tried one a while back - paid the stupid amount for one at some local supp shop. LOVED it.

    I've since bought probably 50 to 60 of them through D-P-S.
    ($2 per.)

    The apple cinnamon and blueberry are damn good. Banana walnut is ok - but still better than any oatmeal out there.

    I take one to work to have in the morning between my first meal and lunch - because it's fast.
    Oh Yeah, I love the chocolate. I have a case of them at my office and I have to threaten people with their lives if they try to snake one.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    Oh Yeah, I love the chocolate. I have a case of them at my office and I have to threaten people with their lives if they try to snake one.
    Choc - yuck.

    You've threatened co-workers - but would you threaten Saban if he took one?

    Maybe after La-Monroe....

  33. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Choc - yuck.

    You've threatened co-workers - but would you threaten Saban if he took one?

    Maybe after La-Monroe....
    That's cold man, Hitting a Man while he's down. You like to pull the wings off of flies don't ya?
    You still mad about the '92 Sugar Bowl?

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Big BAMA View Post
    That's cold man, Hitting a Man while he's down. You like to pull the wings off of flies don't ya?
    You still mad about the '92 Sugar Bowl?
    You mad about the '90 Sugar Bowl?

  35. Touche'.

  36. It was the '93 Sugar.

    Anyway - should address your comment as I get that from about every Bama fan I meet.
    (Good friend of mine at work is a Bama grad - he asked me about the '93 Sugar when I met him my first day of work 4 years ago.)

    I was mad at the time - mainly because I was 13 watching that game and it was the first time I watched Miami lose a championship game. We won in '87, '89, and '91 - that I watched.
    I don't remember watching the '87 Fiesta against Penn St that we lost.
    I thought Miami would always win in a championship game.

    I was crushed.

    Later as I got older and read more of the back-story, I realized it was really Erickson's fault. He didn't have the right gameplan and didn't have the team prepared. They thought they could just come in and win.
    While Jimmy Johnson wasn't perfect (see '87 Fiesta) - I think we would have played a much closer game had he been the coach.

    I don't hate Bama for beating the crap out of us. Hell - I'm jealous. Wish we could have done that.

    In the end - Miami and Bama are 1-1 and championship games. That means head to head no one really has an advantage. Not to say fans on both sides won't woof.

  37. I had the cops show up three times that night at my Apt. The same cop he was a BAMA fan. Y'all should have beat Ohio St.
    I respect the U, You guys are having the same trouble we have right now, New Coach with no talent. Shula left us with 4 defensive players on scholarship Nice. If shannon is given the time I think he can turn you around. Good luck. Maybe we see each other in 09.

  38. sounds like a load of crap to me.

  39. We had them beat - until the refs. decided to change the outcome.

    Yeah - you guys are in a similar spot. I don't think it's Shula's doing as much as probation and the loss of Prothro (let's face it - y'all best offensive player).

    Shannon will be given time. We have plenty of dead weight to get rid off. He's an alum and a GREAT recruiter.
    It'll take a few years. I think '09 is probably competing for ACC title. Not sure that we could expect to be in the top 10 by then. I think we have to have 3 years of new classes for that.
    (At least - it took Butch Davis about 4 classes to get us back to top 5.)

    Would be cool to see Saban-Shannon in a BCS bowl game. Both hired at the same time, both defensive-minded HC's.
    Randy obviously with no experience though.

    I only have one Bama guy around - we are in LSU country. So - I could handle that if you guys beat us.
    (Now - an LSU win over Miami isn't fun. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.)

  40. Doesn't matter, Cytomax is HUGE too, i don't think they could go out. Way too many people use cytomax even if MM got hurt
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  2. Flax prices possibly to go up! :(
    By Supa Freek 420 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 04:46 PM
  3. Hmmmm, is order going through?
    By pjorstad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 01:01 PM
  4. Where did the powders go?????????
    By fullycovered in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 08:27 PM
  5. Going with the extreme dose
    By Aneas in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 10:17 PM
Log in
Log in