Phenibut and drug tests

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is phenibut similiar enough to barbituates to show up on a drug test? I would be reasonably confident it wasn't but just want to make totally sure.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im not an expert on this topic, but i think drug tests look for metabolites, i dont see how phenibut could show up unless they test for GABA or somthing

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Is phenibut similiar enough to barbituates to show up on a drug test? I would be reasonably confident it wasn't but just want to make totally sure.
:toofunny: :toofunny:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny: :toofunny:
First off, I am not some newb on here and there is legitimacy to this concern not because of its probability but because of its severity aka what a positive drug test could potentially cause...

I asked it knowing some people would react as you did but really there is no need to laugh or at least keep it to yourself.

People would be shocked at what can cause a false drug test, things like seltzer water and asprin can cause false positives.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First off, I am not some newb on here and there is legitimacy to this concern not because of its probability but because of its severity aka what a positive drug test could potentially cause...

I asked it knowing some people would react as you did but really there is no need to laugh or at least keep it to yourself.

People would be shocked at what can cause a false drug test, things like seltzer water and aspirin can cause false positives.
i hear ya.. hopefully someone can chime in on this, i just got my phenibut caps from BN today :). If the drug test is looking for benzodiazepines, phinubut has similar effects, not sure how there related, but according to wiki benzodiazepines have detection times in urine: Therapeutic use: 3 days. Chronic use (over one year): 4 to 6 weeks.

i have no clue about this stuff.. just what i could digg up in a couple searches..

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
people have had a false positive for methamphetimine even though they did not use meth, ephedrine, amphetamines, or anything of the sort remotely close to meth and related stims. i understand your caution when it comes to drug tests, better safe then sorry. anyways i would think u are safe as GABA is natural in our bodies and phenabut is a derivative of GABA, as u probably already know.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
take this for what it is worth:
(perhaps some more knowledgeable can translate this this if it is useful)

The principal mechanism of action of barbiturates is believed to be their affinity for the GABAA receptor(Acts on GABA : BDZ receptor cl- channel complex). GABA is the principal inhibitory neurotransmitter in the mammalian Central Nervous System (CNS). Barbiturates bind to the GABAA receptor at the alpha? or the beta? sub unit, which are binding sites distinct from GABA itself and also distinct from the benzodiazepine binding site. Like benzodiazepines, barbiturates potentiate the effect of GABA at this receptor. In addition to this GABA-ergic effect, barbiturates also block the AMPA receptor, a subtype of glutamate receptor. Glutamate is the principal excitatory neurotransmitter in the mammalian CNS. Taken together, the findings that barbiturates potentiate inhibitory GABAA receptors and inhibit excitatory AMPA receptors can explain the CNS-depressant effects of these agents.At higher concentration they inhibit the ca2+ dependent release of neurotransmittors [2]

M

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Took a NIDA 5 drug screen for new Employer a year ago. Was using plenty of Phenibut including the morning of the test.. passed with flying colors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
D Supplements 7