1. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Phenibut and drug tests

Is phenibut similiar enough to barbituates to show up on a drug test? I would be reasonably confident it wasn't but just want to make totally sure.

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

im not an expert on this topic, but i think drug tests look for metabolites, i dont see how phenibut could show up unless they test for GABA or somthing
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.14%

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    Is phenibut similiar enough to barbituates to show up on a drug test? I would be reasonably confident it wasn't but just want to make totally sure.
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    First off, I am not some newb on here and there is legitimacy to this concern not because of its probability but because of its severity aka what a positive drug test could potentially cause...

I asked it knowing some people would react as you did but really there is no need to laugh or at least keep it to yourself.

People would be shocked at what can cause a false drug test, things like seltzer water and asprin can cause false positives.
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%

Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    First off, I am not some newb on here and there is legitimacy to this concern not because of its probability but because of its severity aka what a positive drug test could potentially cause...

I asked it knowing some people would react as you did but really there is no need to laugh or at least keep it to yourself.

People would be shocked at what can cause a false drug test, things like seltzer water and aspirin can cause false positives.
    i hear ya.. hopefully someone can chime in on this, i just got my phenibut caps from BN today . If the drug test is looking for benzodiazepines, phinubut has similar effects, not sure how there related, but according to wiki benzodiazepines have detection times in urine: Therapeutic use: 3 days. Chronic use (over one year): 4 to 6 weeks.

i have no clue about this stuff.. just what i could digg up in a couple searches..
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

people have had a false positive for methamphetimine even though they did not use meth, ephedrine, amphetamines, or anything of the sort remotely close to meth and related stims. i understand your caution when it comes to drug tests, better safe then sorry. anyways i would think u are safe as GABA is natural in our bodies and phenabut is a derivative of GABA, as u probably already know.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    he only asked a question dude, he wasn't making a statement. this is not the kind of reply i'd expect from a Applied Nutriceuticals Rep
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.7%
    Achievements Posting Pro

take this for what it is worth:
    (perhaps some more knowledgeable can translate this this if it is useful)

The principal mechanism of action of barbiturates is believed to be their affinity for the GABAA receptor(Acts on GABA : BDZ receptor cl- channel complex). GABA is the principal inhibitory neurotransmitter in the mammalian Central Nervous System (CNS). Barbiturates bind to the GABAA receptor at the alpha? or the beta? sub unit, which are binding sites distinct from GABA itself and also distinct from the benzodiazepine binding site. Like benzodiazepines, barbiturates potentiate the effect of GABA at this receptor. In addition to this GABA-ergic effect, barbiturates also block the AMPA receptor, a subtype of glutamate receptor. Glutamate is the principal excitatory neurotransmitter in the mammalian CNS. Taken together, the findings that barbiturates potentiate inhibitory GABAA receptors and inhibit excitatory AMPA receptors can explain the CNS-depressant effects of these agents.At higher concentration they inhibit the ca2+ dependent release of neurotransmittors [2]
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.21%

Took a NIDA 5 drug screen for new Employer a year ago. Was using plenty of Phenibut including the morning of the test.. passed with flying colors.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Trenabol-X or T-1 Pro and drug testing
    By airtym in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
  2. gabatropin and drug tests
    By wojo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 12:43 AM
  3. M1-T and drug test
    By wu36 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1