The Drive and X-Factor Pre Results Thread (Pimpin Like Usual)

1. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

The Drive and X-Factor Pre Results Thread (Pimpin Like Usual)

Well, Im glad to say that I just pulled out the good old measure tape from my drawer. I was curious about how much "growth" is happening considering that my arms looked a bit bigger as well as everything else. I didn't measure my chest for a while but I have given my arms a good check.

Now your all wondering WTF is this guy doing with this thread, Well I want to tell you all that my arms are the most stubborn muscles ever. They hit a plateau for about a month or a month and a half and did not move. I started X-Factor and Drive, thrown in with the ocassional RPM on leg days and Incarnate after my joints started to hurt.

Anyway, I just checked now and my arms have sprouted 1/4th of an inch. Now to many this may not be a lot, but as a pure ectomorph I must say it is impressive as hell to me. Im only on day 32 or so of my X-Factor and Drive stash and it's treating me like a million bucks. Im up 5-6 pounds last time I checked ( a week ago) and Im loving it.

I also love pimping MN and AN Share the love guys. Hook me up with some t-shirts

Anyway for those of you who have considered using X-Factor. Drive, Incarnate X-Factor RPM is the way to go. I hope to put on another 4-5 pounds before this cycle is over. Let the growing begin.

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

oh i forgot to add the month- month and a half plateau was before I started my log. just wanted to throw that out there to you. It's been awhile since they budged, and their finally moving agian!!!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm like you, my arms really don't grow too well. I am stuck at 'perpetual 16's'. At the peak of my bulk my arms cold were 16.5", but when I started cutting down they came back to 16". My core continues to grow but my arms grew very rapidly from 13.5" to 16" then have just been stagnant for the longest time. damn.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.77%

Sounds good Cellar. I gotsta gets me some X-factor to go with my drive.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.96%

Nice! That really rocks! I hate arms
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I'm like you, my arms really don't grow too well. I am stuck at 'perpetual 16's'. At the peak of my bulk my arms cold were 16.5", but when I started cutting down they came back to 16". My core continues to grow but my arms grew very rapidly from 13.5" to 16" then have just been stagnant for the longest time. damn.
    agreed. Heck, my arms are soo small it's not even funny. Everything seems to be growing, my lats are starting to grow big time, my legs are huge like always but my arms refused to budge what so ever. Im really enjoying the idea that the stack helped me leap over my plateau and jump start the growing agian.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Nice! That really rocks! I hate arms
    i hear you bro, Im hoping to reach 15' by the time I finish this log. Ive managed to budge from 14 1/2 to about 14 3/4ths. Keep in mind that they are small but heck, back in like may or april I was practically anorexic skinny. I started off at the end of june at like 175 looking like this.

Ive come a long way and managed to come to 201 as of now. Ive been accused of juicing by sooooo many people at the gym it's not even funny. but it's a complement to me considering how ive never done that crap before and yet people still think im on the juice.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    agreed. Heck, my arms are soo small it's not even funny. Everything seems to be growing, my lats are starting to grow big time, my legs are huge like always but my arms refused to budge what so ever. Im really enjoying the idea that the stack helped me leap over my plateau and jump start the growing agian.
    I get good pumps every time I do them and I have went from doing them only 1 time a week to 2 times a week doing different rep ranges/weights. I haven't really had much luck, let me know how everything works out.
  9. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

I get good pumps every time I do them and I have went from doing them only 1 time a week to 2 times a week doing different rep ranges/weights. I haven't really had much luck, let me know how everything works out.
    I quit the funky dumbbell curls. They did absolutely nothing for me. The alternating dumbbell curls do **** for you. I started hitting the barbell curls and it looks like the change in lift has helped.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.75%

I quit the funky dumbbell curls. They did absolutely nothing for me. The alternating dumbbell curls do **** for you. I started hitting the barbell curls and it looks like the change in lift has helped.
    Yeah I don't like the idea of alternating, I prefer to hit them each at one time instead of the 'pausing' per curl. I don't use dumbbells either, because they don't respond which is very interesting that you brought that up. I haven't done any bicep dumbbell curls in 14 months.

I mainly to EZ-curls and preacher curls, both machine/freeweight.

Also if you go to one of those pulley sets what I do is do one arm cable curls, but I put my feet back and lean forward while keeping my elbow to my side. I learned that the leaning forward gives me better contraction vs. just standing upright.

Give it a try.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.96%

Now I just simply kill the arms until I can't feel them. Works

And great progress dude! Yeah I got these comments too, a lot of times. Oh well!
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn View Post
    Now I just simply kill the arms until I can't feel them. Works

And great progress dude! Yeah I got these comments too, a lot of times. Oh well!
    yeah it's all cool.

They call me Li at the gym ( hence my last name, plus im the only asian brutha in the gym)

When i walk in the owners like oh ****, it's li. Look he blew up agian!
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.87%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yea I'm along the same lines. Except mines worse,lol. I have great vascularity in my left bicep and NONE in my right. My left is also wider and my right arm just peaks and is very narrow. It has to have something to do with playing baseball.

Good luck Cellar
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yea I'm along the same lines. Except mines worse,lol. I have great vascularity in my left bicep and NONE in my right. My left is also wider and my right arm just peaks and is very narrow. It has to have something to do with playing baseball.

Good luck Cellar
    thanks distilled.

Also, I noticed my left bicep has caught up to my right one. I think my left one was about 2/3rds of an inch smaller than the right one. Barbell curls seemed to have helped a lot. I have purple stretch marks on my left arm and they caught up to the right one now too. Now to work on my left lats. My left side seems to grow at a slower pace than the right. Is that just me or does everyone get this?
  15. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Good luck Cellar
    probably does. My brother plays handball his arms are the same size as mine and he doesnt work out. His peak is narrow on his biceps and such but his arms are huggee. It's weird, I was born ectomorph frame while he is probably a mesomorph. weird
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Good luck Cellar
    Thats one plus I have at least, once enough fat is gone to see it, i'll have good vascularity you can see the blue lines all over they just don't stand out yet.

16~17 is really all I am looking for armswise. Thats between the grecian ideal + steeve reeves look based on my measurements. I was at 15 at the start of this xfactor log, so i'm not all that far off
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.71%

the only dumbbell curls i do are incline on a bench, and accentuate the supination movement at the top. Works like a charm. Well i guess if hammer curls count i do those too.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%

Celler you ever try scott curls ( i think thats what they are called) where you curl the weight normal but do a reverse curl on the negative. i did those for two weeks and my arms went up half an inch.
  19. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Celler you ever try scott curls ( i think thats what they are called) where you curl the weight normal but do a reverse curl on the negative. i did those for two weeks and my arms went up half an inch.
    could you link me possibly to a website that might show how to do it. Im dying to get my arms swole. Usually, I don't give a crap about biceps but at my age, it seems like the ladies love big arms sooooo gotta get them big.

btw, I just came back from the gym. Crazy. Squats went up by 10 pounds agian. I was at 315 and I was banging out deadlifts for reps. I went up to 305 twice the started doing some drop sets.
  20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.98%

You should try out the incline db curls at about 45 degrees incline or a little higher but not too high. Those are really the best I've found for db curls. Don't move your upper arm at all just completely isolate the bicep. I bet you can hardly do any weight this way.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.48%

cellar, you dosing Drive everyday, morning and preworkout/evening?

Any DOMS, or did the Incarnate take care of those?

would you consider XF a recomp, bulk or strength product?
  22. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Quote Originally Posted by eatingisfun View Post
    You should try out the incline db curls at about 45 degrees incline or a little higher but not too high. Those are really the best I've found for db curls. Don't move your upper arm at all just completely isolate the bicep. I bet you can hardly do any weight this way.
    yup. I havent done those in awhile!

The thing that in my opinion that I think causes me from getting bigger biceps is the fact that my brachialis seems to do most of the lifting. It just seems like when I do the bicep motion it gets used a lot. I dont know if this is genetic but I did read a thread about it. my brachialis is pretty friken big and Im guessing that it's taking the stress off the biceps which prevent them from growing properly. I should be at least at like 15 1/2 inch arms by now.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.6%

I want big arms I need some X-Factor LOL
    Nimbus Nutrition
    When Performance is EVERYTHING.
  24. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.98%

yup. I havent done those in awhile!

The thing that in my opinion that I think causes me from getting bigger biceps is the fact that my brachialis seems to do most of the lifting. It just seems like when I do the bicep motion it gets used a lot. I dont know if this is genetic but I did read a thread about it. my brachialis is pretty friken big and Im guessing that it's taking the stress off the biceps which prevent them from growing properly. I should be at least at like 15 1/2 inch arms by now.
    Same here, I find it hard not to use brachialis, but actually I think that the incline db curls helps me a lot to isolate the biceps from it.
  25. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.95%

this is my february stack
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  26. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.96%

Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    this is my february stack
    Get out of the way!! Backer's comin!!
  27. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.81%

Quote Originally Posted by eatingisfun View Post
    Same here, I find it hard not to use brachialis, but actually I think that the incline db curls helps me a lot to isolate the biceps from it.
    ill give it a try. gotta get them arms big

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 213
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 07:43 PM
  2. Replies: 209
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
  3. The Frontal Lobe and x-factor
    By daniel35 in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 03:12 PM
  4. X-factor/powerfull Pre-log Thread
    By Revamped in forum Molecular Nutrition