dry itchy skin

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I have dry itchy skin and looking for something to help with this. My legs get so itchy at times I think I am going to rip my skin off. Most lotions (vaselene brand) types dont do much. I do use baby oil after showers but need something to put on prior to gonig to bed.

I was going to try gold bond but wasnt sure if it was a waist

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Zimms Crack Cream has worked wonders for me, and the name of the stuff is funny as hell :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look for a good cream/lotion with Shea Butter.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Java Lather Soap is the shizznet... Also, try Eucerin - it's thick and worked wonders for me!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have dry itchy skin and looking for something to help with this. My legs get so itchy at times I think I am going to rip my skin off. Most lotions (vaselene brand) types dont do much. I do use baby oil after showers but need something to put on prior to gonig to bed.

Is this normal or did it just start to happen when you were on cycle?.

corndog

corndog

Awards
  • Established
I have been on TRT for a while but have noticed the itchy skin for a few months. I'm in MI so its cold and in the winter people tend to get dry flacky skin but this is more than the norm.

The itchy part drives me nuts. Its not 24/7 but is almost daily at some point. It seems mostly at night when in bed. Its like I will have a itch and once I scratch it then it doesnt stop.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Eat a tablespoon of coconut oil with each meal and it will moisten your skin a lot. Also can be used topically with great results. Get the "virgin" non-processed form though.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I am not kidding. Works great where you are chaffing.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boudreaux's Butt Paste. I am not kidding. Works great where you are chaffing.
Does that stuff heal?. Or is it just an anti-itch or something. I saw it the other day at the drug store. I have been eating too much fiber and wiping my ass so damn much its freaking iritated!!!. Hahahah! Pretty funny, BUTT its been a realy problem lately. Damn fiber has me pooping like crazy!

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established

Dry skin = itchy skin. The dry season is approaching (if you are in an area that gets chilly). Stick with the basics.

My advice - if it is super dry - throw some plain old vaseline or aquaphor on to wet skin. If it is just sorta dry, pick up some eucerin original and do the same. Moisturizers are useless to some extent unless placed on wet skin.

Remember, just by scratching you can induce an eczema like reaction. If you need something for itch, try over the counter Sarna cream. You'll smell like a nursing home but it works.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dry skin = itchy skin. The dry season is approaching (if you are in an area that gets chilly). Stick with the basics.

My advice - if it is super dry - throw some plain old vaseline or aquaphor on to wet skin. If it is just sorta dry, pick up some eucerin original and do the same. Moisturizers are useless to some extent unless placed on wet skin.

Remember, just by scratching you can induce an eczema like reaction. If you need something for itch, try over the counter Sarna cream. You'll smell like a nursing home but it works.

Sarna is what they gave me in the hospital because of puritis. It does work, but it has a menthol smell and feel.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
Sarna is what they gave me in the hospital because of puritis. It does work, but it has a menthol smell and feel.
Yeah - every time I smell it I have flashbacks of visiting an old fmaily friend in the nursing home. it works pretty well though.

Eucerin has also launched an anti itch product - Calming anti itch. I'm not aware of how well it works in comparison but have heard alot fo good things.

-info- http://eucerinus.com/products/hb_itch.html

The bototm line is keeping things moisturized and to minimize scrubbing in the shower (washcloths are BAD), avoid HOT showers/baths and use Dove soap.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Does that stuff heal?. Or is it just an anti-itch or something. I saw it the other day at the drug store. I have been eating too much fiber and wiping my ass so damn much its freaking iritated!!!. Hahahah! Pretty funny, BUTT its been a realy problem lately. Damn fiber has me pooping like crazy!
Works like a charm. For everything from Diaper rash to Jock Itch. It does really work.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Works like a charm. For everything from Diaper rash to Jock Itch. It does really work.

Think I might pick some up. Funny thing is I was in the drug store yesterday while waiting for a load of laundry and the wife and I saw it, and she kept saying out loud, "Don't forget your Butt paste!", "Don't you want your Butt Paste?"....

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Don't let the name fool ya. I was laughing my Butt off till I saw how well it worked on my son. If you have kids this is a must.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
on the health part of it you may have poor adrenal function. When I was taking reset AD my eczema and dry skin improved a lot. That's why i'm going back on it. My eczema has got a lot worse lately. I believe there's a relation. Atleast for me. Also check thyriod function.

Otherwise after a shower immediatly apply moisturizer like aveno everywhere. Once your skin is dry forget it! Sometimes putting moisturizer cream on dry skin causes itching.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Agreed on the adrenal function thing. Since my wife has been off prednisone (REALLY messes with the adrenals) her fingertips keep splitting and cracking. She's been on low dose DHEA but aparently that wasn't the problem. May also be pituatary..ie low growth hormone output.