Na-Rala and Alcar

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember reading that you couldn't mix AlA, and rala with Alcar because of polymirzation. Is this the case with Na-Rala, does the sodium in this protect it from this process. I would like to mix them in the same capsule.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Quite the contrary. You WANT to supplement with r-ala when taking ALCAR. They work synergistically.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not sure but I find it strange nobody ever mentions na-rala on the forums. Stuff works great for me. I guess its not as sexy as some of the newer products. People always want the newest thing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure but I find it strange nobody ever mentions na-rala on the forums. Stuff works great for me. I guess its not as sexy as some of the newer products. People always want the newest thing.
ALA in its various forms are a staple for many people. I have been using K/NA-RALA for about 2 years off and on. To me, they are fantastic supplements that can used at all times.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ALA in its various forms are a staple for many people. I have been using K/NA-RALA for about 2 years off and on. To me, they are fantastic supplements that can used at all times.
No doubt stuff keeps me lean. I'm surprised DS quit making glucophase xr. It was my favorite form.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quite the contrary. You WANT to supplement with r-ala when taking ALCAR. They work synergistically.
Sorry, I didn't explain it well enough, I know they are great supplemented to get but actually physically mixing them in the same capsule is what I meant.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I didn't explain it well enough, I know they are great supplemented to get but actually physically mixing them in the same capsule is what I meant.
Just out of curiousity, why would you mix them in the same cap? If you're dosing ALCAR, you should be dosing more than a single cap in order to take the proper amount. Why not just put the na-r-ala in a separate cap since you'll be making several caps for each dose?

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
A new version is supposedly in the works.
I can't wait either. Have you tried Geronova's Mito-Gold? Its my favorite one followed by their na-r-ala which nutraplanet carries in bulk.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
That is quite pricey. Couldn't you suspend the ALA in vitamin E oil for a similar effect?
Yeah, its very pricey but I love it.

That's a qood question. I wonder if anyone here would know, because I have no clue.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just out of curiousity, why would you mix them in the same cap? If you're dosing ALCAR, you should be dosing more than a single cap in order to take the proper amount. Why not just put the na-r-ala in a separate cap since you'll be making several caps for each dose?
I would take 3 capsules a day, each capsule would contain 150mg Na-Rala and 500mg of Alcar, it makes it more convenient.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The Na-rala does polymerize the ALCAR just a little. In NAC however it can turn 500 grams into a weird semi-solid goo.

Both seem to work though.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Its a sustained release r-ala. Check out their site if you want to read up on it a little. www.geronova.com
Bringing this thread back from the dead.

GeroNova makes NO mention of the Mito formulation being a true "sunstained release matrix" AT ALL. At least not that I saw. If there was much potential of this formula providing timed release (even slightly) I'm sure they would be all over it promoting this fact for marketing. The fact that its not there makes me think its suspension in the toco E formula doesnt really achieve this.

http://www.geronova.com/products/product_briefs/mito_gold.php

Calling it time release is a stretch I'm afraid. I would LOVE to be corrected on this though. As I want a time release ALA. I'd would be amazing if NP could bulk source this as they did with Na-rala.

The Na-rala does polymerize the ALCAR just a little. In NAC however it can turn 500 grams into a weird semi-solid goo.

Both seem to work though.
BioMan, would you care to weigh in on the ALA/ALCAR questions posed in this thread please?
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/120862-resv-sustained-release.html#post1878085

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
I know that scientifically, they are claiming na-rala is 20-30 times more effective at something......

For someone who has taken both, how would you explain how each makes you feel. I get a nice pump/fullness in my muscles even at rest shortly after taking my r-ala.

I read that the na-rala is processed in 20 min!!! Does that go the same for the regular r-ala. I take the cheap Higher Power brand, and have liked them just fine.

Thanks.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I know that scientifically, they are claiming na-rala is 20-30 times more effective at something......

For someone who has taken both, how would you explain how each makes you feel. I get a nice pump/fullness in my muscles even at rest shortly after taking my r-ala.

I read that the na-rala is processed in 20 min!!! Does that go the same for the regular r-ala. I take the cheap Higher Power brand, and have liked them just fine.

Thanks.
Na-rala was actually said to reach plasma levels 40x higher than "unstabalized" r-ala. This is a claim made by GeroNova. Bioavailability should be about 21x max (AUC 3.3x). However, they sell both of these forms and still promote r-ala as well. Na-rala can just be thought of as a more stable (in terms of shelf life, polymerization, etc.) and more bio-available (better absorbed, highly soluble) form of ala than r-ala is. In terms of plasma half life, it shouldn't matter much. Either form is very quick at 22-25min. The point is Na-rala is more stable and you should technically make use of more of it.

Na-RLA (USP assay for ALA=74% RLA initial) was heated to 100 deg C for 6 hours. The polymer content had increased by 6% using the same assay and standard; final assay =68%.
For comparison, 10g RLA was heated for 10 minutes at 100 deg C and was completely insoluble and polymerized.

- 1000mg (1gram) RLA reaches a maximum concentration (Cmax) of 1.1ug/ml in human plasma
- 100mg (0.1gram) Bio-Enhanced™ Na-RALA reaches a Cmax of 2.3ug/ml

I would just like to see a sustained release formulation.

As for "how it feels" I hate making comparisons based on subjective observations. We see all kinds of bs claims regarding supps all over this board. You just end up making yourself sound like an ass clown. I doubt I (or most) could "feel" the difference between 200mg of r-ala or 200mg of na-rala. However, there is hard science backing up the fact that Na-rala is a superior, more bio-available form. We know it should thus "work better." As for your "pump/fullness" comment, I have noticed that particularly when i took the na-rala prior to some carbs and then worked out. That said, if i take it on an empty stomach in the AM or something it doesn't magically make me more pumped. And I'm still not convinced ALA is so good at shuttling that it helps with weight control and carb utilization either (as some sellers have claimed). I like it for its other properties for sure though. It is a proven health/anti-aging supplement especially when combined with ALCAR.

JGank

Awards
do you need to take biotin with the narala? I use the r ala from primaforce and have been wanting to switch up.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
do you need to take biotin with the narala? I use the r ala from primaforce and have been wanting to switch up.
Ya, if you use a lot its a good idea to make sure you're getting some somewhere. My multi has a pretty good bit of biotin in it. You can also pick some up for dirt cheap. 250-500mcg per 200mg of na-rala is probably fine.